Latest England Squad - Redmond and JWP called up

simo

They don't need to be in the England squad with top 6 players to know playing in the Champions League and having a massive wage increase would be a good thing. I'm sure they can work it out without "tapping up"

You’re on fire today :)

(I know you aren’t actually on fire - so don’t reply saying that)

4 to drop out to the final squad. Pretty large squad with 7 forwards. Think Maddison and Wan-Bissaka can feel a little aggrieved.

Most people would agree with you on this. However, Southgate has demonstrated in the past that he values the U21 tournaments highly, and I think they both qualify for it? Is it likely that Southgate thinks it will be better for them to play a major role in that tournament rather than sitting on the bench for the full team?

Most people would agree with you on this. However, Southgate has demonstrated in the past that he values the U21 tournaments highly, and I think they both qualify for it? Is it likely that Southgate thinks it will be better for them to play a major role in that tournament rather than sitting on the bench for the full team?

Ah didn't realise that. Still seems a waste of time having 3 RB's in the squad regardless.

4 to drop out to the final squad. Pretty large squad with 7 forwards. Think Maddison and Wan-Bissaka can feel a little aggrieved.

D6sMy2SWwAAHv0A.jpg

The manager already stated he wasn't going to disrupt the u21s preparations for whatever tournament they're about to play by dipping into their relatively settled squad to make up the numbers.

All things being equal, Maddison and AWB would breeze into the seniors. Probably Foden too - he's played more for Man City lately than Delph, who is inexplicably retained.

It's a nice pick me up for Prowse and Redmond at the end of the season, but it'd be no surprise if they were both cut from the final 23.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

The manager already stated he wasn't going to disrupt the u21s preparations for whatever tournament they're about to play by dipping into their relatively settled squad to make up the numbers.

All things being equal, Maddison and AWB would breeze into the seniors. Probably Foden too - he's played more for Man City lately than Delph, who is inexplicably retained.

It's a nice pick me up for Prowse and Redmond at the end of the season, but it'd be no surprise if they were both cut from the final 23.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I would bin off Trippier, Lingard, Delph. Likelihood is that one of Redders and JWP will get cut too.

I think JWP will be cut from the final squad but I feel Redmond should be ahead of Rashford and Wilson.
Can you imagine Redmond being kept in and not Rashford????

The media would go into meltdown. Rashford will definitely be in the squad whatever

Congrats to them both, fully deserved and both have been a big part of our survival. Can't see them both being kept after the squad is trimmed down but depends on injuries and "injuries" to other players.

Personally I'd trim Delph, Trippier, Barkley and Lingard ahead of either but Southgate, after some early promise, seems to enjoy sticking with the big teams' players even if they have a bad season, so fully expect the players from Saints and Bournemouth to be canned.

Its funny that the two chosen fpr England are the two who have had the most hatred and scorn on this forum. Well done to both of them and I hoipe they dont waste time reading our opinions.

Not funny at all, both deserved every bit of criticism that came their way over the past 2/3 years. Only since Ralph's arrival with a Big Stick has either of them pulled their socks up and acted like the well paid professional football players they were supposed to be. We'll see if it lasts.

Its funny that the two chosen fpr England are the two who have had the most hatred and scorn on this forum. Well done to both of them and I hoipe they dont waste time reading our opinions.

Has Jack Stephens been called up? Didn't know, very surprised.