Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 76 of 76

Thread: SAYNTS

  1. #51

    Default

    I enjoyed the video, the kits are ok to very nice.

    As usual our fans are utter mongs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #52

    Default

    Ive just watchedit again and think its quite good.

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    I enjoyed the video, the kits are ok to very nice.

    As usual our fans are utter mongs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Video very good, but not quite as funny as this post, when looking back over post 16 for example....

  4. #54

    Default

    Its 2019 and Saints are STILL doing marketing tat for a kit launch.

    There is a reason why top PL clubs dont do this stuff anymore.

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintsLoyal View Post
    There is a reason why top PL clubs dont do this stuff anymore.
    Haha, is there? And what is that reason, out of interest?

    FWIW, I think the kits are awful, but the video was good fun (if youve seen Fyre). It's good to see a light-hearted side to the club after the doom and gloom of this season.

  6. Default

    MY god, some posters on here need to get over themselves. Brilliant parody of Fyre - whether you like the kit or not - but not sure of Ralphs acting 'ability'!

    LOng ago came to the conclusion that replica kits are for people 25 and under. Us old fools simply look like old fools in a replica kit, not least for paying 60 quid+ for one

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denmead
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    A scarf or a badge on yer flat cap is all you need. That and a good set of lungs.

    Hilarious video for the kit launch though.

  8. #58

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    Very good entertainment for the under 5's so maybe that's the level at which we now aim to recruit?

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by washsaint View Post
    MY god, some posters on here need to get over themselves. Brilliant parody of Fyre - whether you like the kit or not - but not sure of Ralphs acting 'ability'!

    LOng ago came to the conclusion that replica kits are for people 25 and under. Us old fools simply look like old fools in a replica kit, not least for paying 60 quid+ for one
    Speak for yourself, I'm proud to wear my shirt. I spent my youth NOT wearing colours or speaking in case my accent gave me away, it's refreshing to be able to openly support my club. (explanation: I lived up north and mainly followed Saints at away games).

  10. #60

    Default

    That is honestly a cracking video.

    The home kit is poor but I like the white one. Also like the grey and yellow. The video has gone down quite well online. Well played Saints.

  11. Default

    More complete and utter tosh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL5poy_tNgk

    I have no idea what they are trying to achieve. We also recently had lots of eToro videos on Saints Youtube channel. Maybe I am a bit older than the target audience!!

  12. #62

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    More complete and utter tosh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL5poy_tNgk

    I have no idea what they are trying to achieve. We also recently had lots of eToro videos on Saints Youtube channel. Maybe I am a bit older than the target audience!!
    I really like that vid.... skin-crawlingly embarassing; and really funny. Just fun, stupid, nonsense.

  13. #63

    Default

    For allthe miserable gits on here, this so called video that is fit for under 5's has apparentlybeen watched by 7m people. Not all Saints fans and as the saintspodcast told us, players like Roberto Carlos have shared it on their own feeds. So the little Sotonians on here who are so small minded ought have a look at themselves.
    Of those 7m viewers no doubt there will be a few people who arent Saintsfans may well now become so.

  14. #64

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,072

    Default

    Yeah, this could be us!



    Saints Goa

    Goa’s Goa’s Red ‘N’ Vhite Army!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B497CF66-4AAE-4741-B089-2604B8132069.jpg  

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    For allthe miserable gits on here, this so called video that is fit for under 5's has apparentlybeen watched by 7m people. Not all Saints fans and as the saintspodcast told us, players like Roberto Carlos have shared it on their own feeds. So the little Sotonians on here who are so small minded ought have a look at themselves.
    Of those 7m viewers no doubt there will be a few people who arent Saintsfans may well now become so.
    Oh Roberto Carlos has shared it has he?? Wow. Then it must be funny and amusing then.

    I am happy to stick in the "miserable gits" camp, as it is utterly banal, unfunny and pointless.

  16. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Oh Roberto Carlos has shared it has he?? Wow. Then it must be funny and amusing then.

    I am happy to stick in the "miserable gits" camp, as it is utterly banal, unfunny and pointless.
    Guessing you haven't seen Fyre Festival?

  17. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Oh Roberto Carlos has shared it has he?? Wow. Then it must be funny and amusing then.

    I am happy to stick in the "miserable gits" camp, as it is utterly banal, unfunny and pointless.
    Stick to Miranda and Mrs Browns boys.

  18. #68

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Guessing you haven't seen Fyre Festival?
    Seen it? I haven't ever heard of it before this kit launch. Me, I'm old, but whatever, I quite enjoyed the videos anyway.

  19. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Oh Roberto Carlos has shared it has he?? Wow. Then it must be funny and amusing then.

    I am happy to stick in the "miserable gits" camp, as it is utterly banal, unfunny and pointless.
    Iam nearly 60 years old but still have a sense of humour, and get what the club are trying to do. I find it great that the club is not stuffy and are trying to reach out to fans worldwide, who are not stuck in the 'Lets keep to serious stuff' with no promotion and be just another of the crowd.
    I prefer forward thinking ,getting positive publicity and finding new fans in the wider world. 7m views!!! that is amazing, all potential fans who if in time become Saints fans it will add to our income stream.
    Utterly banal, unfunny and pointless, well Harry Hill and others have made successful careers from that.
    As for the Carlos sharing on his social media, if you cant see that it is a very positive thing Iam surprised. The fact tat he picked it up in the first place shows how well the video has been spread ina positive way

  20. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Oh Roberto Carlos has shared it has he?? Wow. Then it must be funny and amusing then.

    I am happy to stick in the "miserable gits" camp, as it is utterly banal, unfunny and pointless.
    Stab in the dark here but I'm guessing you're not the target market for this social media campaign, can't think why.

  21. #71

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Garden of Engerland
    Posts
    4,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Oh Roberto Carlos has shared it has he?? Wow. Then it must be funny and amusing then.

    I am happy to stick in the "miserable gits" camp, as it is utterly banal, unfunny and pointless.
    you sound like a right laugh

  22. Default

    Why because I considered something that was deeply unfunny and puerile as just that?

  23. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Why because I considered something that was deeply unfunny and puerile as just that?
    So have you watched Fyre Festival or not?

  24. Default

    Does it make a difference to how unfunny this video is? (ie no I haven't)

  25. #75

    Default

    The marketing campaign is a parody of the protagonist in the Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix. Had you seen it, you obviously still might not find the club's efforts amusing, but it's possibly a bit tough to judge a parody if you've not seen the thing it's based on, no?

  26. #76

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    On my own
    Posts
    6,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Why because I considered something that was deeply unfunny and puerile as just that?
    You do appreciate that that is only your opinion, right, and it isnít an objective fact.

    I mean, Iím sure you do, you seem like a smart guy, but your post suggests you donít.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •