Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 950

Thread: Theresa May and the death of the Tory Party

  1. #201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Complete and utter pony.

    One of 2 things will happen. The CPS will take over the case and most likely drop it. Or Borisí expensive legal team will tie the case up in knots and a trial will be months , if not years away. Either way itíll play straight into Borisí hands. The thought that any Leaver will change their opinion about Boris because of this is quite frankly deluded.

    The place to debate political claims is on the campaign trail, not in the courts. The problem is that because half wits on the Remain side are doing this, half wits on the Leave side will follow suit. Quickly followed by it seeping into non Brexit issues. Already George Galloway is tweeting about crowd funding a prosecution of Blair & Campbell over ďliesĒ told during the run up to the Iraq war. If anyone doesnít see the danger in this, thereís something seriously wrong with their judgment.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's not the fact that any leaver would change their mind, they don't get to choose until the final two. It's that other MPs don't see this as one foible too many.

  2. #202

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    18,783

    Default

    JRM thinks lying to electorate is part of freedom of speech and the Boris prosecution has a chilling effect on democracy. God forbid anybody should be able to make an informed choice based on facts they can rely on.

  3. #203

    Default

    I'm going to take my employer to court for the amount he says I get in wages.

    What I get is minus taxes and pensions and I never see that amount they tell me I get.

    Therefore the amount they say I get paid in wages per annum must be a lie.

  4. #204

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    I'm going to take my employer to court for the amount he says I get in wages.

    What I get is minus taxes and pensions and I never see that amount they tell me I get.

    Therefore the amount they say I get paid in wages per annum must be a lie.
    Yes it would be a lie if your employer also claimed that you could spend the higher gross (pre tax and pensions) amount on whatever you fancy -say the NHS- as you would only get the net amount to spend. HTH pal.
    Last edited by shurlock; 30-05-2019 at 05:36 AM.

  5. #205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Yes it would be a lie if your employer also claimed that you could spend the higher gross (pre tax and pensions) amount on whatever you fancy -say the NHS- as you would only get the net amount. HTH pal.
    Luckily they never claimed that you could spend the higher gross amount.

  6. #206

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Luckily they never claimed that you could spend the higher gross amount.
    “Let's give our NHS the 350 million the EU takes each week” per the Vote Leave billboard. Good we both agree it was a lie.

  7. #207

    Default

    Och well. At least the Conservative are giving the NHS an extra 392 million a week.

  8. #208

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Och well. At least the Conservative are giving the NHS an extra 392 million a week.
    Needless to say, that spending will likely come from higher taxes, spending cuts and extra borrowing - glad, as a small state Thatcherite, you’re OK with that.

    https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/13086
    Last edited by shurlock; 30-05-2019 at 06:31 AM.

  9. #209

    Default

    Yep you got me there Locksy.

    But hopefully someone will have the banks to sort out procurement contracts at the NHS.

    I know of a trust who agreed at costs for certain technology, not taking into account that tech prices go down over time.

    They're still paying nearly a grand each for small screen monitors due to the contract.

  10. #210

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Thanks for asking Les. He’s a bit tired but is in surprisingly good spirits (he has very thick-skin unlike most Brexiteers). He stuck with Labour, so it’s hardly a personal indictment (his politics on Brexit are closer to those of LibDems). He’s confident that the result will push Corbyn to ditch the constructive ambiguity and by not doing a Campbell he has more chance to influence that policy shift. Think he did Radio 5 earlier today and has been on Sky, LBC etc since the elections. HTH
    Well, the only time he actually was elected way back at the start of his political career was as a local Councillor for the SDP then the Lib Dims. He told everybody not to vote Labour at the start of the EU election campaign, so he is one very confused bloke. I suspect that most of his thick skin surrounds his brain. Thanks for mentioning Campbell. Which is worse would you say? Telling everybody on TV that you had voted for another Party, or telling everybody on TV that they ought to vote for another Party? It was probably easier to dispatch Campbell from the Party, as the embarrassment of expelling Adonis when he was a candidate would have been huge. Perhaps he wasn't elected because the voters in the South West didn't know what Labour stood for, aided and abetted in that misunderstanding by him, the Labour candidate.

    I said that he had been on the Beeb constantly pre the election and I hadn't seen him since (on the Beeb). HTH. He is damaged goods when it comes to them trying to make out that the Remoaners had actually won the election technically, as he didn't even get elected himself.

  11. #211

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    Well, the only time he actually was elected way back at the start of his political career was as a local Councillor for the SDP then the Lib Dims. He told everybody not to vote Labour at the start of the EU election campaign, so he is one very confused bloke. I suspect that most of his thick skin surrounds his brain. Thanks for mentioning Campbell. Which is worse would you say? Telling everybody on TV that you had voted for another Party, or telling everybody on TV that they ought to vote for another Party? It was probably easier to dispatch Campbell from the Party, as the embarrassment of expelling Adonis when he was a candidate would have been huge. Perhaps he wasn't elected because the voters in the South West didn't know what Labour stood for, aided and abetted in that misunderstanding by him, the Labour candidate.

    I said that he had been on the Beeb constantly pre the election and I hadn't seen him since (on the Beeb). HTH. He is damaged goods when it comes to them trying to make out that the Remoaners had actually won the election technically, as he didn't even get elected himself.
    Morning Les. He’s spoken about his SDP/LD experience and how, depressingly, it taught him that there’s no real space for a second progressive party in British politics. He’s tribally Labour but at the same passionately remain, so not sure how that makes him confused. It’s a perfectly logical dilemma for Labour remainers.

    I’m not sure what he said on TV or its context- I’ll have to accept your word; but I’ve seen him say the opposite (it’s in his twitter feed which is publicly verifiable).

    Your last para is a characteristic nonsequitur: why is he damaged goods? He wasn’t elected because he stood for a party that’s not committed to stopping Brexit and remaining in the EU. It doesn’t change the strong performance of pro-remain parties and their combined vote share.

    I didn’t realise Radio 5 wasn’t part of the beeb - that’s a first for me pal. Perhaps he was on the TV more because he was a candidate and so a bigger part of the news. Who knows? Frankly who cares? Generally speaking, he rarely goes on BBC TV - I know for a fact that he is persona non grata at Broadcasting House after repeatedly savaging its journalism and coverage of Brexit.

    He does seem to get under your skin.

  12. #212

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Morning Les. Heís spoken about his SDP/LD experience and how, depressingly, it taught him that thereís no real space for a second progressive party in British politics. Heís tribally Labour but at the same passionately remain, so not sure how that makes him confused. Itís a perfectly logical dilemma for Labour remainers.

    Iím not sure what he said on TV or its context- Iíll have to accept your word; but Iíve seen him say the opposite (itís in his twitter feed which is publicly verifiable).

    Your last para is a characteristic nonsequitur: why is he damaged goods? He wasnít elected because he stood for a party thatís not committed to stopping Brexit and remaining in the EU. It doesnít change the strong performance of pro-remain parties and their combined vote share.

    I didnít realise Radio 5 wasnít part of the beeb - thatís a first for me pal. Perhaps he was on the TV more because he was a candidate and so a bigger part of the news. Who knows? Frankly who cares? Generally speaking, he rarely goes on BBC TV - I know for a fact that he is persona non grata at Broadcasting House after repeatedly savaging its journalism and coverage of Brexit.

    He does seem to get under your skin.
    No doubt that politics has changed recently since he believed that there is no place for a second progressive Party in British politics and Brexit is the catalyst for that. Current politics is now more about Leave or Remain than it is about left or right. There is an irony in claiming that there is no place for a second progressive party and then lauding the success of pro-remain parties in the EU elections. The main progressive party didn't do very well, did they? Other smaller progressive parties did rather better than them, perhaps because the electorate didn't know what Labour stood for, their understanding of its position not helped by Adonis.

    You're not sure what he said on TV or its context, so you'll have to accept my word? You really are slipping. Google is your friend. You never have any difficulty in finding out any other links to info that supports your arguments. I've provided a link for you.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SZi2AKTF28

    Yes, Radio 5 is part of the Beeb, but I did say that I hadn't seen him on the Beeb, inferring that I was talking about the TV, not the radio. I can't remember the last time I listened to Radio 5. Probably they did show him on the Beeb (TV) because he was a remoaner candidate and also very pro a losers second referendum. They hardly showed any Brexit Party candidates, despite them thrashing the pro-European vote parties. But that's the Beeb for you all over.

    He doesn't get under my skin. I mainly brought him up to mock him for his failure, he being a friend of yours apparently. I love watching him for pure comedy entertainment value. His appearances help increase support to the Leave campaign, the batty privileged Lord who hasn't been elected to anything above local politics, lecturing the great unwashed from his ivory tower about how they weren't bright enough to know what they were voting for the first time around, so they needed to vote again until they got it right.

  13. #213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    I'm going to take my employer to court for the amount he says I get in wages.

    What I get is minus taxes and pensions and I never see that amount they tell me I get.

    Therefore the amount they say I get paid in wages per annum must be a lie.
    In any employment contract you sign it will state that it is x amount, subject to tax and NI payments. If not, then I definitely would take them to court.

  14. #214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Yep you got me there Locksy.

    But hopefully someone will have the banks to sort out procurement contracts at the NHS.

    I know of a trust who agreed at costs for certain technology, not taking into account that tech prices go down over time.

    They're still paying nearly a grand each for small screen monitors due to the contract.
    Nobody has ever said that the NHS isn't wasteful. What I can't believe is that even after many examples of this wastage, the Government can't get the right people in charge to sort it out. Staggering incompetence.

  15. #215

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    No doubt that politics has changed recently since he believed that there is no place for a second progressive Party in British politics and Brexit is the catalyst for that. Current politics is now more about Leave or Remain than it is about left or right. There is an irony in claiming that there is no place for a second progressive party and then lauding the success of pro-remain parties in the EU elections. The main progressive party didn't do very well, did they? Other smaller progressive parties did rather better than them, perhaps because the electorate didn't know what Labour stood for, their understanding of its position not helped by Adonis.

    You're not sure what he said on TV or its context, so you'll have to accept my word? You really are slipping. Google is your friend. You never have any difficulty in finding out any other links to info that supports your arguments. I've provided a link for you.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SZi2AKTF28

    Yes, Radio 5 is part of the Beeb, but I did say that I hadn't seen him on the Beeb, inferring that I was talking about the TV, not the radio. I can't remember the last time I listened to Radio 5. Probably they did show him on the Beeb (TV) because he was a remoaner candidate and also very pro a losers second referendum. They hardly showed any Brexit Party candidates, despite them thrashing the pro-European vote parties. But that's the Beeb for you all over.

    He doesn't get under my skin. I mainly brought him up to mock him for his failure, he being a friend of yours apparently. I love watching him for pure comedy entertainment value. His appearances help increase support to the Leave campaign, the batty privileged Lord who hasn't been elected to anything above local politics, lecturing the great unwashed from his ivory tower about how they weren't bright enough to know what they were voting for the first time around, so they needed to vote again until they got it right.
    No Les - it was his experience with the SDP in the 1980s than taught him this lesson, not everything revolves around Europe or the EU.

    Have you actually watched the video, Les, or did you just lazily glaze over the video title and send the link? He garbles his initial words but clarifies himself and clearly says that Labour is softening its position and if you want to stop Brexit, you should vote Labour. If you want Brexit, however, you shouldn’t vote Labour because they’re not going to deliver the type of Brexit that many Brexiteers want that views compromises like Chequers as a betrayal. No contradiction there at all and nothing like Campbell’s case.

    Even by your horrendous standards, that’s a proper howler pal
    Last edited by shurlock; 30-05-2019 at 10:37 AM.

  16. #216

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    No Les - it was his experience with the SDP in the 1980s than taught him this lesson, not everything revolves around Europe or the EU.

    Have you actually watched the video, Les, or did you just lazily glaze over the video title and send the link? He garbles his initial words but clarifies himself and clearly says that Labour is softening its position and if you want to stop Brexit, you should vote Labour. If you want Brexit, however, you shouldnít vote Labour because theyíre not going to deliver the type of Brexit that many Brexiteers want that views compromises like Chequers as a betrayal. No contradiction there at all and nothing like Campbellís case.

    Even by your horrendous standards, thatís a proper howler pal
    Of course I watched the video and Adonis is all over the place. Even Gisela Stuart as a former Labour MP is incredulous as to what he is proposing, that any Labour supporters who wants Brexit should not vote for Labour to deliver it.

    I'm touched by your loyalty to your mate, that you are prepared to make yourself look stupid by attempting this whitewash on his behalf. I was trying to think who you reminded me of, employing your normal defence along the lines that anybody who dares to have a different opinion to yours must be a bit stupid and then it came to me.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8EEQrZBKoc

    I expect that your mate Andy will naturally claim that the Remoaners won the vote, in spite of his best efforts to cloud the options. In which case, of course, in view of his statement in the video, he would have to include the Conservative vote in the leave column, wouldn't he, thus torpedoing the claim that Remain had more votes.

    As I say, he does the Leave campaign no end of good every time he opens his mouth.

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    It's not the fact that any leaver would change their mind, they don't get to choose until the final two. It's that other MPs don't see this as one foible too many.
    One foible too many???? What are you on about. Every single MP would have known what the figure was, and knew that Boris was involved in the campaign. Do you really believe any MP was going to vote for Boris but now wonít because some half bake is taking him to court?

    If anything itíll play into his hands, most MPs will think this prosecution is nonsense.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #218

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    Of course I watched the video and Adonis is all over the place. Even Gisela Stuart as a former Labour MP is incredulous as to what he is proposing, that any Labour supporters who wants Brexit should not vote for Labour to deliver it.

    I'm touched by your loyalty to your mate, that you are prepared to make yourself look stupid by attempting this whitewash on his behalf. I was trying to think who you reminded me of, employing your normal defence along the lines that anybody who dares to have a different opinion to yours must be a bit stupid and then it came to me.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8EEQrZBKoc

    I expect that your mate Andy will naturally claim that the Remoaners won the vote, in spite of his best efforts to cloud the options. In which case, of course, in view of his statement in the video, he would have to include the Conservative vote in the leave column, wouldn't he, thus torpedoing the claim that Remain had more votes.

    As I say, he does the Leave campaign no end of good every time he opens his mouth.
    Les you seem flustered. You made out that Adonis had engaged in Campbell-style antics. Campbell said he voted for the Lib Dems. Fullstop. Adonis said you should vote for Labour if you want to oppose Brexit - in that sense, he didn’t say vote for another party. Now he did point out that if you want the type of Brexit that leads swivels like Liam Halligan (who also featured on Iain Dale’s radio show) to dismiss Chequers as a betrayal and not Brexit, then yes you shouldn’t probably vote Labour. But that’s just a statement of fact when you consider Labour’s position is even softer than Chequers (e.g. in calling for a permanent customs union). In other words, his statement was entirely consistent with official policy if you follow the implications through to their logical conclusion. Use your head.

    Still getting triggered that the Brexit party wasn’t quite the towering success you wish and there’s no real majority for no deal? Please don’t change - you’re my man on the inside, my useful idiot and I fully expect you and LD to vote with your hearts.

  19. #219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    One foible too many???? What are you on about. Every single MP would have known what the figure was, and knew that Boris was involved in the campaign. Do you really believe any MP was going to vote for Boris but now won’t because some half bake is taking him to court?

    If anything it’ll play into his hands, most MPs will think this prosecution is nonsense.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

    Either way, there's no route to no deal through this leadership election, so not sure that those promising or promoting no deal will want to get through to the final 2 anyway - it'll be one of the shortest PM terms we've seen in a long time.

  20. #220

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Les you seem flustered. You made out that Adonis had engaged in Campbell-style antics. Campbell said he voted for the Lib Dems. Fullstop. Adonis said you should vote for Labour if you want to oppose Brexit - in that sense, he didnít say vote for another party. Now he did point out that if you want the type of Brexit that leads swivels like Liam Halligan (who also featured on Iain Daleís radio show) to dismiss Chequers as a betrayal and not Brexit, then yes you shouldnít probably vote Labour. But thatís just a statement of fact when you consider Labourís position is even softer than Chequers (e.g. in calling for a permanent customs union). In other words, his statement was entirely consistent with official policy if you follow the implications through to their logical conclusion. Use your head.

    Still getting triggered that the Brexit party wasnít quite the towering success you wish and thereís no real majority for no deal? Please donít change - youíre my man on the inside, my useful idiot and I fully expect you and LD to vote with your hearts.
    As I said, support for your mate is commendable, if misguided. I repeat, Campbell said that he had voted for a party other than Labour, Adonis went one better (worse) suggested that people vote for a party other than Labour. You can spin it how you like, but it still enabled the media to headline it as Adonis suggests that Labour voters vote for another Party.

    Still denying that the Brexit Party achieved a towering success? I thought that you were more intelligent than to lump together crudely all the factions that you perceived to be remain supporters, as if everybody who voted for those parties wanted to stay in the EU and none voted through traditional tribal loyalty, or that they were concerned for the environment? A vote for the Brexit Party or for UKIP was a vote to leave the EU, predominantly under WTO terms. Votes for the Conservatives and Labour might have been for leaving or remaining, more for leaving in the Conservative vote than the Labour vote. Votes for the other parties would be predominantly remain, but certainly not all. As you don't know the make up of each party's vote, stop pretending that your assertions are anything other than assumptions. It's making you look stupid.

  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post

    Still denying that the Brexit Party achieved a towering success? I thought that you were more intelligent than to lump together crudely all the factions that you perceived to be remain supporters, as if everybody who voted for those parties wanted to stay in the EU and none voted through traditional tribal loyalty, or that they were concerned for the environment? A vote for the Brexit Party or for UKIP was a vote to leave the EU, predominantly under WTO terms. Votes for the Conservatives and Labour might have been for leaving or remaining, more for leaving in the Conservative vote than the Labour vote. Votes for the other parties would be predominantly remain, but certainly not all. As you don't know the make up of each party's vote, stop pretending that your assertions are anything other than assumptions. It's making you look stupid.
    The most Anti Brexit party agree with you, in fact they think Leave were the winners.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  22. #222

    Default

    So James Cleverly has pulled out of the race - probably a good idea considering not a lot of the Tory membership would vote for someone of that, ahem, colour.

  23. #223

    Default

    Rory Stewart should join the LibDems.

    Too smart to be a Tory

  24. #224

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Rory Stewart should join the LibDems.

    Too smart to be a Tory
    he is being bank-rolled by a russian hedge-fund manager. Pure Libdem territory there.

  25. #225

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    he is being bank-rolled by a russian hedge-fund manager. Pure Libdem territory there.
    £10k bankrolled indeed

  26. #226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    he is being bank-rolled by a russian hedge-fund manager. Pure Libdem territory there.
    Has the Mail also mentioned he used to be a communist?

  27. Default

    Another horrendous night last night. The deranged women and the half bakeís that kept her in power, have royally ****ed up the party. Luckily the members will rebuild the party from the bottom up and weíll get some clear direction and leadership


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #228

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,571

    Default

    Michael Gove "deeply regrets" that the fact he used to use cocaine has become public knowledge;
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48564722

    That makes 3 leadership candidates who have now admitted to 'experimenting', plus the old rumours of BoJo and cocaine. Perhaps those who haven't done so will have to invent something so as to stay in the race ?

  29. #229

    Default

    I have more respect for Gove now.

  30. #230

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    18,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Michael Gove "deeply regrets" that the fact he used to use cocaine has become public knowledge;
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48564722

    That makes 3 leadership candidates who have now admitted to 'experimenting', plus the old rumours of BoJo and cocaine. Perhaps those who haven't done so will have to invent something so as to stay in the race ?
    I think Johnson admitted it before being outed during the Mayor of London campaign.

  31. #231

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Michael Gove "deeply regrets" that the fact he used to use cocaine has become public knowledge;
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48564722

    That makes 3 leadership candidates who have now admitted to 'experimenting', plus the old rumours of BoJo and cocaine. Perhaps those who haven't done so will have to invent something so as to stay in the race ?
    I reckon Raabís a roid head.

  32. #232

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,571

    Default

    https://tuckered.co.uk/2019/06/08/jacob-rees-mogg-admits-he-tried-laudenham-on-new-years-eve-18991/?fbclid=IwAR1BINexpf2H4hv3RlcSp61Z_9lRRGPmITPVu4xc vly5JKBvpni3NXXdHpk


    After a series of revelations from his peers, Jacob Rees-Mogg appeared in the form of an apparition on the cathode ray tube.
    During the interview he admitted his ‘great regret’ at dabbling in ‘absinthe and laudanum in the year of our lord 1899’.
    Although the former work house master hasn’t put himself forward for the Conservative leadership elections, he steadfastly defended his drug addicted colleagues.
    “What is in the past should remain there”.

    “If my colleagues in Westminster wish to air their dirty laundry in the name of transparency then I’m fully behind them”.
    Although he regretted his past actions, Mr. Reese-Mogg was keen to point out that those substances were perfectly legal when he tried them.



  33. #233

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Grinding, not spinning up Alpe d'Huez
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    I reckon Raab’s a roid head.
    Nash he’s just a c*nt

  34. #234

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Grinding, not spinning up Alpe d'Huez
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    I reckon Raab’s a roid head.
    No just a c*nt

  35. #235

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    I have more respect for Gove now.
    Despite the fact that he wrote an article at the time slagging off middle class drug takers?
    Only a few weeks ago Dianne Abbot was slagged off for drinking alcohol on the London Underground. Now we have a bunch of people fighting to become Prime Minister who can’t wait to use their previous drug taking exploits as a campaigning tool.
    Seriously, wtf has this country come to?

  36. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Despite the fact that he wrote an article at the time slagging off middle class drug takers?
    Only a few weeks ago Dianne Abbot was slagged off for drinking alcohol on the London Underground. Now we have a bunch of people fighting to become Prime Minister who canít wait to use their previous drug taking exploits as a campaigning tool.
    Seriously, wtf has this country come to?
    Theyíre not using it as a ďcampaigning toolĒ, theyíre just getting it out there on their own terms before the press do.


    Bit rich asking wtf the country has come to. Itís become the country soft arsed lefties like you have made it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  37. #237

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    ....... Itís become the country soft arsed lefties like you have made it.
    Bring back the birch and National Service, send boys down the mines at 14, and teach the girls that a woman's place is in the home . Make sure all the plebs know exactly how to doff their flat caps as their 'Betters' pass them by on the street.

    #MakeBritainGreatAgain.
    Last edited by badgerx16; 09-06-2019 at 11:32 AM.

  38. #238

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Bring back the birch and National Service, send boys down the mines at 14, and teach the girls that a woman's place is in the home . Make sure all the plebs know exactly how to doff their flat caps as their 'Betters' pass them by on the street.

    #MakeBritainGreatAgain.
    well, some parts want 16 or even 14 year old to have the 'vote'...

  39. #239

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stalking Theo's Missus
    Posts
    12,887

    Default

    Imagine being stuck in room with all these candidates off their faces on Charlie ranting about the state of the UK.

    Bring back the fields of wheat I say.

  40. #240

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    well, some parts want 16 or even 14 year old to have the 'vote'...
    If they are the ones most affected by a policy, across their lifespan, why shouldn't their opinion be heard ?

  41. #241

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    If they are the ones most affected by a policy, across their lifespan, why shouldn't their opinion be heard ?
    why not 12 year olds?

  42. #242

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    why not 12 year olds?
    Why vote at all ?

  43. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    why not 12 year olds?
    Labour would have a field day with their postal votes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  44. #244

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    well, some parts want 16 or even 14 year old to have the 'vote'...
    What can I do at age 16?

    Get married or register a civil partnership with consent.
    Drive a moped or invalid carriage.
    You can consent to sexual activity with others aged 16 and over.
    Drink wine/beer with a meal if accompanied by someone over 18.
    Get a National Insurance number.
    Join a trade union.
    Join the Army.

    What can I do at age 17?

    Drive most vehicles and pilot a helicopter or plane.
    No longer be subject to a care order.
    Become a blood donor.
    Be interviewed by the Police without an adult present.
    Leave your body for medical study if you die.

    But you cannot vote

  45. #245

    Default Theresa May and the death of the Tory Party

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    What can I do at age 16?

    Get married or register a civil partnership with consent.
    Drive a moped or invalid carriage.
    You can consent to sexual activity with others aged 16 and over.
    Drink wine/beer with a meal if accompanied by someone over 18.
    Get a National Insurance number.
    Join a trade union.
    Join the Army.

    What can I do at age 17?

    Drive most vehicles and pilot a helicopter or plane.
    No longer be subject to a care order.
    Become a blood donor.
    Be interviewed by the Police without an adult present.
    Leave your body for medical study if you die.

    But you cannot vote
    Iím happy not letting that age group vote.

    They canít even understand basic science when it comes to gender and think somebody opening electrical items on YouTube is an influencer....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  46. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    What can I do at age 16?

    Get married or register a civil partnership with consent.
    Drive a moped or invalid carriage.
    You can consent to sexual activity with others aged 16 and over.
    Drink wine/beer with a meal if accompanied by someone over 18.
    Get a National Insurance number.
    Join a trade union.
    Join the Army.

    What can I do at age 17?

    Drive most vehicles and pilot a helicopter or plane.
    No longer be subject to a care order.
    Become a blood donor.
    Be interviewed by the Police without an adult present.
    Leave your body for medical study if you die.

    But you cannot vote
    What you canít do at 17.

    Drink without eating a meal.
    Be deployed on the front line.
    Get married without mummy and daddyís permission
    Leave education
    Attend Labour live festival on your own.








    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  47. #247

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    What you can’t do at 17.

    Leave education
    Only in England - Scotland, Wales, and NI permit leaving at 16.

  48. #248

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    They’re not using it as a “campaigning tool”, they’re just getting it out there on their own terms before the press do.


    Bit rich asking wtf the country has come to. It’s become the country soft arsed lefties like you have made it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Really? They seem to be queuing up to make their confessions and some to be looking to be wearing it as a badge of honour. No surprise to see you supporting this dreadful rabble though. You are so stuck in the 70s that you think the country is in a mess because of liberal policies. The country is where it is because of the likes of Cameron and May, two of the most inept PMs in my lifetime. Both Tories Duckie. The dreadful bunch looking to replace May will only make things worse. Still, if Mcvey gets in you can say least forget the dreadful policies whist fulfilling your sexual fantasies eh Duckie? Your party is a mess and with any luck will be destroyed in the next election.

  49. #249

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Shirley
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Imagine being stuck in room with all these candidates off their faces on Charlie ranting about the state of the UK.

    Bring back the fields of wheat I say.
    I see that Chris Grayling has joined in:

    https://newsthump.com/2019/06/10/chr...talcum-powder/

  50. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    The country is where it is because of the likes of Cameron and May, two of the most inept PMs in my lifetime. Both Tories Duckie. The dreadful bunch looking to replace May will only make things worse. Still, if Mcvey gets in you can say least forget the dreadful policies whist fulfilling your sexual fantasies eh Duckie? Your party is a mess and with any luck will be destroyed in the next election.
    Cameronís not a Tory heís a bloody Heath tribute act pinko. As for May, I donít quite know what she is, apart from useless. Sheís defo not ďone of usĒ. We havenít had a sound Tory pm since the great lady got stabbed in the back by the soft arsed wing of the party. All weíve had since is a wet blob of liberal handwringers from Major to Cameron via Blair and Brown.

    Donít worry though, more like minded people are infiltrating them in a momentum style blue wave. Give us a few years and the country will be back on track.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •