Theresa May and the death of the Tory Party

sadoldgit

Cameron’s not a Tory he’s a bloody Heath tribute act pinko. As for May, I don’t quite know what she is, apart from useless. She’s defo not “one of us”. We haven’t had a sound Tory pm since the great lady got stabbed in the back by the soft arsed wing of the party. All we’ve had since is a wet blob of liberal handwringers from Major to Cameron via Blair and Brown.

Don’t worry though, more like minded people are infiltrating them in a momentum style blue wave. Give us a few years and the country will be back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit rich coming from a soft-as-s**t baby-boomer.

So 10 candidates as it looks like that Gyimah couldn’t get the 8 nominations (****ing idiot never stood a chance anyway).

I’d like Stewart to get to the final 2 to give the members an opportunity to show what they think of chancers that are basically Lib Dem’s. Looking down the list it’s a pretty uninspiring bunch, looks like Boris, Raab,, Leadsom or Mcvey for me, but we’ll see what happens during the campaign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So 10 candidates as it looks like that Gyimah couldn’t get the 8 nominations (****ing idiot never stood a chance anyway).

I’d like Stewart to get to the final 2 to give the members an opportunity to show what they think of chancers that are basically Lib Dem’s. Looking down the list it’s a pretty uninspiring bunch, looks like Boris, Raab,, Leadsom or Mcvey for me, but we’ll see what happens during the campaign.

So replace one uninspiring leader with another? How depressing. Hopefully the Tories have had it now, undone by Farage. What a way to go!

So the EU grant us an extension to Brexit and tell us to use the time wisely, so the Tories spend the whole time f*cking about with a completely pointless leadership change.

What a mess.

Pony

Getting rid of that useless women is the wisest thing they could have done.

They should have got rid of her ages ago, the trouble is there is no decent candidate to replace her. The only one with an ounce of charisma is a complete buffoon. We are going to end up with an incompetent leader on either side of the Atlantic. Putin must think that all of his birthdays have come at once.

Pony

Getting rid of that useless women is the wisest thing they could have done.

Be careful what you wish for.

You'll get no argument from me about how dreadful May has been. But of the current candidates to replace her, it's entirely possible we will be lumbered with someone far worse.

Nice to see the BBC are right on the mark with their reporting;

"One Conservative MP has launched a strong attack on Boris Johnson in the anti-Brexit newspaper, the New European.

Former attorney general - and campaigner for another referendum - Dominic Grieve describes Mr Johnson as "a shallow populist - manifestly unsuitable for high office - who would undoubtedly be a disaster for the country and bring doom to the Conservative Party.”

Put him down as a maybe?"

The article linked and quoted in the Beeb item was published on the 11th October last year.

Edited by badgerx16

Nice to see the BBC are right on the mark with their reporting;

"One Conservative MP has launched a strong attack on Boris Johnson in the anti-Brexit newspaper, the New European.

Former attorney general - and campaigner for another referendum - Dominic Grieve describes Mr Johnson as "a shallow populist - manifestly unsuitable for high office - who would undoubtedly be a disaster for the country and bring doom to the Conservative Party.”

Put him down as a maybe?"

The article linked and quoted in the Beeb item was published on the 11th October last year.

Grieve is about as Conservative as most of you lefties on here. He’ll be one of those going when the Blue wave drain the swamp.

Grieve is about as Conservative as most of you lefties on here. He’ll be one of those going when the Blue wave drain the swamp.

I really appreciate you and Wes 'momentum-ising' the Tories. Its a selfless act of sabotage to make them unelectable.

So Stewart looks like the most sensible candidate by a country mile. That probably rules him out.

Javid is playing the "change candidate" card strongly but Ducky's blue rinse brigade dont want change they want things like how they used to be in the good old days.

Raab is too odd.

Leadsom could do ok if she makes it to the member vote. She combines a hint of Thatcher, she's a visual sillage of lavender with lashings of whipped double-yesteryear on top.

Can't see Hunt or Gove beating Boris.

The others are too low-profile.

It's going to be Boris.

My goodness.

It's going to be Boris.

My goodness.

I'm not sure it is, I suspect that if he gets to the final 3 the MPs will duck out of putting him forward to the membership. He may have the most MPs backing him now, but how many of the others will have him as their 2nd or 3rd choice option should their first choice get binned ?

How is your £50 bet that we will end up with a Norway style deal looking?

Hello Les. I assumed you were still hiding in the metaphorical toilet with Nigel after the Peterborough result. But glad you got out OK.

Hang in there pal - need you and LD fighting fit to ensure the momentumification of the Tory party.

So Stewart looks like the most sensible candidate by a country mile. That probably rules him out.

Javid is playing the "change candidate" card strongly but Ducky's blue rinse brigade dont want change they want things like how they used to be in the good old days.

Raab is too odd.

Leadsom could do ok if she makes it to the member vote. She combines a hint of Thatcher, she's a visual sillage of lavender with lashings of whipped double-yesteryear on top.

Can't see Hunt or Gove beating Boris.

The others are too low-profile.

It's going to be Boris.

My goodness.

Is 'sillage' a word or a typo?

If it's collage I'm disappointed, if it's sillage you should patent it.

Is 'sillage' a word or a typo?

If it's collage I'm disappointed, if it's sillage you should patent it.

Sillage is the wake of a perfume. It's the extent to which a smell lingers. She looks like she would smell of lavender. She brings to mind scents of granny.

She's probably got a drawer containing Fry's mint cream, some Murray Mints and some Opal Fruits, has a mild opioid addiction fuelled by medicines containing codeine and puts way too much butter on everything, on account of it no longer being rationed.

RIP grandma.

Edited by benjii

Boris is in prime position to get my vote. Not only did Grieve say 'without the slightest doubt” he would leave a party he led, but that ridiculous racist Yasmin alibhai-brown has said she’s going to leave the country if he becomes PM. Those two endorsements are certainly helping me make my mind up.

Boris is in prime position to get my vote. Not only did Grieve say 'without the slightest doubt” he would leave a party he led, but that ridiculous racist Yasmin alibhai-brown has said she’s going to leave the country if he becomes PM. Those two endorsements are certainly helping me make my mind up.

Good lad. Supposedly in hustings with the ERG, he was more convincing than Dominic Raab in his willingness to pursue a no deal Brexit if circumstances required. Please don’t waver. For me.

Good lad. Supposedly in hustings with the ERG, he was more convincing than Dominic Raab in his willingness to pursue a no deal Brexit if circumstances required. Please don’t waver. For me.

Rory Stewart is now the surprise second placed candidate behind Johnson (albeit a distant second) amongst Tory members according to ConservativeHome. Just having a remainer on the final two ballot paper and presumably garnering votes would change the dynamic.

https://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2019/06/next-tory-leader-our-eve-of-poll-snap-survey-johnson-wins-over-half-the-vote-a-record-high.html

I’m glad it’s going to be Boris, it’s going to be p!ss funny watching him come back from Brussels with nothing but the same deal May got.

It’s hard to see a way out for the Tories now there is no one to scapegoat, they either have to try and force through “the worst deal in history”, **** up the country with a hard Brexit, or call a second refurendum and get destroyed by Farage at the next election. Happy days.

It's going to end up being Boris isn't it?

At least we'll see a confidence vote and then a GE. And then no Brexit.

He'll go for a total reversal and second referendum citing some 'unforseeable and unavoidable' circumstances. Supposedly a lot of the remain MPs are voting for him as he's seen as more malleable than other candidates. There's probably a Boris dirt file somewhere.

Someone needs to have a quiet word with Hancock & Stewart and tell them to abandon their ego trip. Then Gove, Hunt & maybe Javid can battle out joining Boris. It’s going to be as competitive as Ligue 1.

Javid was pretty Euro sceptic prior to the referendum, but clearly decided it was a better career move to tow the establishment line. Bet he’s regretting that now.

In other political news I see Soubry & her diminishing band of loons have had to change their name yet again. ****ing hell, Fred Kano will be their next leader.

Boris is probably a staunch remainer behind closed doors. In fact, I'm sure of it.

The only thing Boris cares about is Boris. His opportunist volte-face from being pro-EU to palling up with Farage and Galloway was entirely self-serving.

Someone needs to have a quiet word with Hancock & Stewart and tell them to abandon their ego trip. Then Gove, Hunt & maybe Javid can battle out joining Boris. It’s going to be as competitive as Ligue 1.

Javid was pretty Euro sceptic prior to the referendum, but clearly decided it was a better career move to tow the establishment line. Bet he’s regretting that now.

In other political news I see Soubry & her diminishing band of loons have had to change their name yet again. ****ing hell, Fred Kano will be their next leader.

It’s called free publicity pal. Rory Stewart is positioning himself for the next election after the swivels infatuation with Boris and the pursuit of a hard Brexit ends in tears.

It’s called free publicity pal. Rory Stewart is positioning himself for the next election after the swivels infatuation with Boris and the pursuit of a hard Brexit ends in tears.

Yeah odd that no one on his podcasts has explained it to him.

Anyone who thinks Stewart will ever be Tory leader really shouldn’t be commenting on a political thread. His Mr Bean tribute act may go down well with people who’ll never vote Tory but us members wont buy it. The blokes a ****ing liability, history will place him in the Wollaston, Allen & Boles bag. Cameron encouraged all these soft arsed Lib Dem and Blairitte pinkos into the party, but we’ll see them off eventually. They’re basically chancers that haven’t got the necessary stomach for it.

“That’s why 80% of the public support this deal”

What!!

“I’m producing a number to illustrate what I believe ”. In other words lying.

Seriously, people are impressed with this clown?????

And how is that different from "We send the EU £350 million every week" ?

And how is that different from "We send the EU £350 million every week" ?

Both were moronic. It’s different insofar as Rory Stewart immediately realised he’d f**ked up, retracted the statement and apologised whereas Boris Johnson has repeatedly doubled down on his lies. So yeh it’s different.

If I were Boris, I'd let Raab have this one, as whichever Brexiteer wins they will be out within 3 months as they'll have lost a GE.

Still not 100% sure how to use my vote TBH. Although I have to say I have only just noticed my £2.00 direct debit is still going out of my account every month...

Well if all the other votes coalesce around one other candidate he will lose. That’s the way it works.....

Wouldn't actually be that strange. They would mostly have Boris as first choice or not want him at all. The early front runner usually loses too, remember Portillo being a near certainty?

Well if all the other votes coalesce around one other candidate he will lose. That’s the way it works.....

Boris has it in the bag. He only needs 105 votes to make it to the run-off vote of wider party members and already has 114 votes. Save an unforeseen implosion and he’s already survived numerous career-enders, he’ll likely add to his vote tally as he cleans up supporters from other hardliners like McVey, Leadsom and probably Raab at a minimum. Once the vote goes to the grassroots who are more extreme on Brexit than MPs (never mind all the UKIP entryism), it’ll be game over.

Gove is the best equipped intellectually to expose Johnson’s faults; but that’ll only happen if he makes it to the final two (Johnson is wisely lying low at this stage but that will become more and more difficult the deeper they get into the race). At any rate, it would require something exceptional for Gove to overtake Johnson given his softer position on Brexit and his unpopularity among the rank-and-file for whom feelings are more important than facts.

Edited by shurlock

Anyone who thinks Stewart will ever be Tory leader really shouldn’t be commenting on a political thread. His Mr Bean tribute act may go down well with people who’ll never vote Tory but us members wont buy it. The blokes a ****ing liability, history will place him in the Wollaston, Allen & Boles bag. Cameron encouraged all these soft arsed Lib Dem and Blairitte pinkos into the party, but we’ll see them off eventually. They’re basically chancers that haven’t got the necessary stomach for it.

Surely you know Boris is a pinko at heart. Getting your little tick is he?