Theresa May and the death of the Tory Party

sadoldgit

Complete and utter pony.

One of 2 things will happen. The CPS will take over the case and most likely drop it. Or Boris’ expensive legal team will tie the case up in knots and a trial will be months , if not years away. Either way it’ll play straight into Boris’ hands. The thought that any Leaver will change their opinion about Boris because of this is quite frankly deluded.

The place to debate political claims is on the campaign trail, not in the courts. The problem is that because half wits on the Remain side are doing this, half wits on the Leave side will follow suit. Quickly followed by it seeping into non Brexit issues. Already George Galloway is tweeting about crowd funding a prosecution of Blair & Campbell over “lies” told during the run up to the Iraq war. If anyone doesn’t see the danger in this, there’s something seriously wrong with their judgment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not the fact that any leaver would change their mind, they don't get to choose until the final two. It's that other MPs don't see this as one foible too many.

I'm going to take my employer to court for the amount he says I get in wages.

What I get is minus taxes and pensions and I never see that amount they tell me I get.

Therefore the amount they say I get paid in wages per annum must be a lie.

What I get is minus taxes and pensions and I never see that amount they tell me I get.

Yes it would be a lie if your employer also claimed that you could spend the higher gross (pre tax and pensions) amount on whatever you fancy -say the NHS- as you would only get the net amount to spend. HTH pal.

Edited by shurlock

Yes it would be a lie if your employer also claimed that you could spend the higher gross (pre tax and pensions) amount on whatever you fancy -say the NHS- as you would only get the net amount. HTH pal.
Luckily they never claimed that you could spend the higher gross amount.

Yep you got me there Locksy.

But hopefully someone will have the banks to sort out procurement contracts at the NHS.

I know of a trust who agreed at costs for certain technology, not taking into account that tech prices go down over time.

They're still paying nearly a grand each for small screen monitors due to the contract.

Thanks for asking Les. He’s a bit tired but is in surprisingly good spirits (he has very thick-skin unlike most Brexiteers). He stuck with Labour, so it’s hardly a personal indictment (his politics on Brexit are closer to those of LibDems). He’s confident that the result will push Corbyn to ditch the constructive ambiguity and by not doing a Campbell he has more chance to influence that policy shift. Think he did Radio 5 earlier today and has been on Sky, LBC etc since the elections. HTH

Well, the only time he actually was elected way back at the start of his political career was as a local Councillor for the SDP then the Lib Dims. He told everybody not to vote Labour at the start of the EU election campaign, so he is one very confused bloke. I suspect that most of his thick skin surrounds his brain. Thanks for mentioning Campbell. Which is worse would you say? Telling everybody on TV that you had voted for another Party, or telling everybody on TV that they ought to vote for another Party? It was probably easier to dispatch Campbell from the Party, as the embarrassment of expelling Adonis when he was a candidate would have been huge. Perhaps he wasn't elected because the voters in the South West didn't know what Labour stood for, aided and abetted in that misunderstanding by him, the Labour candidate.

I said that he had been on the Beeb constantly pre the election and I hadn't seen him since (on the Beeb). HTH. He is damaged goods when it comes to them trying to make out that the Remoaners had actually won the election technically, as he didn't even get elected himself.

Well, the only time he actually was elected way back at the start of his political career was as a local Councillor for the SDP then the Lib Dims. He told everybody not to vote Labour at the start of the EU election campaign, so he is one very confused bloke. I suspect that most of his thick skin surrounds his brain. Thanks for mentioning Campbell. Which is worse would you say? Telling everybody on TV that you had voted for another Party, or telling everybody on TV that they ought to vote for another Party? It was probably easier to dispatch Campbell from the Party, as the embarrassment of expelling Adonis when he was a candidate would have been huge. Perhaps he wasn't elected because the voters in the South West didn't know what Labour stood for, aided and abetted in that misunderstanding by him, the Labour candidate.

I said that he had been on the Beeb constantly pre the election and I hadn't seen him since (on the Beeb). HTH. He is damaged goods when it comes to them trying to make out that the Remoaners had actually won the election technically, as he didn't even get elected himself.

Morning Les. He’s spoken about his SDP/LD experience and how, depressingly, it taught him that there’s no real space for a second progressive party in British politics. He’s tribally Labour but at the same passionately remain, so not sure how that makes him confused. It’s a perfectly logical dilemma for Labour remainers.

I’m not sure what he said on TV or its context- I’ll have to accept your word; but I’ve seen him say the opposite (it’s in his twitter feed which is publicly verifiable).

Your last para is a characteristic nonsequitur: why is he damaged goods? He wasn’t elected because he stood for a party that’s not committed to stopping Brexit and remaining in the EU. It doesn’t change the strong performance of pro-remain parties and their combined vote share.

I didn’t realise Radio 5 wasn’t part of the beeb - that’s a first for me pal. Perhaps he was on the TV more because he was a candidate and so a bigger part of the news. Who knows? Frankly who cares? Generally speaking, he rarely goes on BBC TV - I know for a fact that he is persona non grata at Broadcasting House after repeatedly savaging its journalism and coverage of Brexit.

He does seem to get under your skin.

Morning Les. He’s spoken about his SDP/LD experience and how, depressingly, it taught him that there’s no real space for a second progressive party in British politics. He’s tribally Labour but at the same passionately remain, so not sure how that makes him confused. It’s a perfectly logical dilemma for Labour remainers.

I’m not sure what he said on TV or its context- I’ll have to accept your word; but I’ve seen him say the opposite (it’s in his twitter feed which is publicly verifiable).

Your last para is a characteristic nonsequitur: why is he damaged goods? He wasn’t elected because he stood for a party that’s not committed to stopping Brexit and remaining in the EU. It doesn’t change the strong performance of pro-remain parties and their combined vote share.

I didn’t realise Radio 5 wasn’t part of the beeb - that’s a first for me pal. Perhaps he was on the TV more because he was a candidate and so a bigger part of the news. Who knows? Frankly who cares? Generally speaking, he rarely goes on BBC TV - I know for a fact that he is persona non grata at Broadcasting House after repeatedly savaging its journalism and coverage of Brexit.

He does seem to get under your skin.

No doubt that politics has changed recently since he believed that there is no place for a second progressive Party in British politics and Brexit is the catalyst for that. Current politics is now more about Leave or Remain than it is about left or right. There is an irony in claiming that there is no place for a second progressive party and then lauding the success of pro-remain parties in the EU elections. The main progressive party didn't do very well, did they? Other smaller progressive parties did rather better than them, perhaps because the electorate didn't know what Labour stood for, their understanding of its position not helped by Adonis.

You're not sure what he said on TV or its context, so you'll have to accept my word? You really are slipping. Google is your friend. You never have any difficulty in finding out any other links to info that supports your arguments. I've provided a link for you.

Yes, Radio 5 is part of the Beeb, but I did say that I hadn't seen him on the Beeb, inferring that I was talking about the TV, not the radio. I can't remember the last time I listened to Radio 5. Probably they did show him on the Beeb (TV) because he was a remoaner candidate and also very pro a losers second referendum. They hardly showed any Brexit Party candidates, despite them thrashing the pro-European vote parties. But that's the Beeb for you all over.

He doesn't get under my skin. I mainly brought him up to mock him for his failure, he being a friend of yours apparently. I love watching him for pure comedy entertainment value. His appearances help increase support to the Leave campaign, the batty privileged Lord who hasn't been elected to anything above local politics, lecturing the great unwashed from his ivory tower about how they weren't bright enough to know what they were voting for the first time around, so they needed to vote again until they got it right.

In any employment contract you sign it will state that it is x amount, subject to tax and NI payments. If not, then I definitely would take them to court.

Yep you got me there Locksy.

But hopefully someone will have the banks to sort out procurement contracts at the NHS.

I know of a trust who agreed at costs for certain technology, not taking into account that tech prices go down over time.

They're still paying nearly a grand each for small screen monitors due to the contract.

Nobody has ever said that the NHS isn't wasteful. What I can't believe is that even after many examples of this wastage, the Government can't get the right people in charge to sort it out. Staggering incompetence.

No doubt that politics has changed recently since he believed that there is no place for a second progressive Party in British politics and Brexit is the catalyst for that. Current politics is now more about Leave or Remain than it is about left or right. There is an irony in claiming that there is no place for a second progressive party and then lauding the success of pro-remain parties in the EU elections. The main progressive party didn't do very well, did they? Other smaller progressive parties did rather better than them, perhaps because the electorate didn't know what Labour stood for, their understanding of its position not helped by Adonis.

You're not sure what he said on TV or its context, so you'll have to accept my word? You really are slipping. Google is your friend. You never have any difficulty in finding out any other links to info that supports your arguments. I've provided a link for you.

Yes, Radio 5 is part of the Beeb, but I did say that I hadn't seen him on the Beeb, inferring that I was talking about the TV, not the radio. I can't remember the last time I listened to Radio 5. Probably they did show him on the Beeb (TV) because he was a remoaner candidate and also very pro a losers second referendum. They hardly showed any Brexit Party candidates, despite them thrashing the pro-European vote parties. But that's the Beeb for you all over.

He doesn't get under my skin. I mainly brought him up to mock him for his failure, he being a friend of yours apparently. I love watching him for pure comedy entertainment value. His appearances help increase support to the Leave campaign, the batty privileged Lord who hasn't been elected to anything above local politics, lecturing the great unwashed from his ivory tower about how they weren't bright enough to know what they were voting for the first time around, so they needed to vote again until they got it right.

No Les - it was his experience with the SDP in the 1980s than taught him this lesson, not everything revolves around Europe or the EU.

Have you actually watched the video, Les, or did you just lazily glaze over the video title and send the link? He garbles his initial words but clarifies himself and clearly says that Labour is softening its position and if you want to stop Brexit, you should vote Labour. If you want Brexit, however, you shouldn’t vote Labour because they’re not going to deliver the type of Brexit that many Brexiteers want that views compromises like Chequers as a betrayal. No contradiction there at all and nothing like Campbell’s case.

Even by your horrendous standards, that’s a proper howler pal :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by shurlock

No Les - it was his experience with the SDP in the 1980s than taught him this lesson, not everything revolves around Europe or the EU.

Have you actually watched the video, Les, or did you just lazily glaze over the video title and send the link? He garbles his initial words but clarifies himself and clearly says that Labour is softening its position and if you want to stop Brexit, you should vote Labour. If you want Brexit, however, you shouldn’t vote Labour because they’re not going to deliver the type of Brexit that many Brexiteers want that views compromises like Chequers as a betrayal. No contradiction there at all and nothing like Campbell’s case.

Even by your horrendous standards, that’s a proper howler pal :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course I watched the video and Adonis is all over the place. Even Gisela Stuart as a former Labour MP is incredulous as to what he is proposing, that any Labour supporters who wants Brexit should not vote for Labour to deliver it. :lol:

I'm touched by your loyalty to your mate, that you are prepared to make yourself look stupid by attempting this whitewash on his behalf. I was trying to think who you reminded me of, employing your normal defence along the lines that anybody who dares to have a different opinion to yours must be a bit stupid and then it came to me.

I expect that your mate Andy will naturally claim that the Remoaners won the vote, in spite of his best efforts to cloud the options. In which case, of course, in view of his statement in the video, he would have to include the Conservative vote in the leave column, wouldn't he, thus torpedoing the claim that Remain had more votes. :lol:

As I say, he does the Leave campaign no end of good every time he opens his mouth.

It's not the fact that any leaver would change their mind, they don't get to choose until the final two. It's that other MPs don't see this as one foible too many.

One foible too many???? What are you on about. Every single MP would have known what the figure was, and knew that Boris was involved in the campaign. Do you really believe any MP was going to vote for Boris but now won’t because some half bake is taking him to court?

If anything it’ll play into his hands, most MPs will think this prosecution is nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course I watched the video and Adonis is all over the place. Even Gisela Stuart as a former Labour MP is incredulous as to what he is proposing, that any Labour supporters who wants Brexit should not vote for Labour to deliver it. :lol:

I'm touched by your loyalty to your mate, that you are prepared to make yourself look stupid by attempting this whitewash on his behalf. I was trying to think who you reminded me of, employing your normal defence along the lines that anybody who dares to have a different opinion to yours must be a bit stupid and then it came to me.

I expect that your mate Andy will naturally claim that the Remoaners won the vote, in spite of his best efforts to cloud the options. In which case, of course, in view of his statement in the video, he would have to include the Conservative vote in the leave column, wouldn't he, thus torpedoing the claim that Remain had more votes. :lol:

As I say, he does the Leave campaign no end of good every time he opens his mouth.

Les you seem flustered. You made out that Adonis had engaged in Campbell-style antics. Campbell said he voted for the Lib Dems. Fullstop. Adonis said you should vote for Labour if you want to oppose Brexit - in that sense, he didn’t say vote for another party. Now he did point out that if you want the type of Brexit that leads swivels like Liam Halligan (who also featured on Iain Dale’s radio show) to dismiss Chequers as a betrayal and not Brexit, then yes you shouldn’t probably vote Labour. But that’s just a statement of fact when you consider Labour’s position is even softer than Chequers (e.g. in calling for a permanent customs union). In other words, his statement was entirely consistent with official policy if you follow the implications through to their logical conclusion. Use your head.

Still getting triggered that the Brexit party wasn’t quite the towering success you wish and there’s no real majority for no deal? Please don’t change - you’re my man on the inside, my useful idiot and I fully expect you and LD to vote with your hearts.

One foible too many???? What are you on about. Every single MP would have known what the figure was, and knew that Boris was involved in the campaign. Do you really believe any MP was going to vote for Boris but now won’t because some half bake is taking him to court?

If anything it’ll play into his hands, most MPs will think this prosecution is nonsense.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

Either way, there's no route to no deal through this leadership election, so not sure that those promising or promoting no deal will want to get through to the final 2 anyway - it'll be one of the shortest PM terms we've seen in a long time.

Les you seem flustered. You made out that Adonis had engaged in Campbell-style antics. Campbell said he voted for the Lib Dems. Fullstop. Adonis said you should vote for Labour if you want to oppose Brexit - in that sense, he didn’t say vote for another party. Now he did point out that if you want the type of Brexit that leads swivels like Liam Halligan (who also featured on Iain Dale’s radio show) to dismiss Chequers as a betrayal and not Brexit, then yes you shouldn’t probably vote Labour. But that’s just a statement of fact when you consider Labour’s position is even softer than Chequers (e.g. in calling for a permanent customs union). In other words, his statement was entirely consistent with official policy if you follow the implications through to their logical conclusion. Use your head.

Still getting triggered that the Brexit party wasn’t quite the towering success you wish and there’s no real majority for no deal? Please don’t change - you’re my man on the inside, my useful idiot and I fully expect you and LD to vote with your hearts.

As I said, support for your mate is commendable, if misguided. I repeat, Campbell said that he had voted for a party other than Labour, Adonis went one better (worse) suggested that people vote for a party other than Labour. You can spin it how you like, but it still enabled the media to headline it as Adonis suggests that Labour voters vote for another Party.

Still denying that the Brexit Party achieved a towering success? I thought that you were more intelligent than to lump together crudely all the factions that you perceived to be remain supporters, as if everybody who voted for those parties wanted to stay in the EU and none voted through traditional tribal loyalty, or that they were concerned for the environment? A vote for the Brexit Party or for UKIP was a vote to leave the EU, predominantly under WTO terms. Votes for the Conservatives and Labour might have been for leaving or remaining, more for leaving in the Conservative vote than the Labour vote. Votes for the other parties would be predominantly remain, but certainly not all. As you don't know the make up of each party's vote, stop pretending that your assertions are anything other than assumptions. It's making you look stupid.

Still denying that the Brexit Party achieved a towering success? I thought that you were more intelligent than to lump together crudely all the factions that you perceived to be remain supporters, as if everybody who voted for those parties wanted to stay in the EU and none voted through traditional tribal loyalty, or that they were concerned for the environment? A vote for the Brexit Party or for UKIP was a vote to leave the EU, predominantly under WTO terms. Votes for the Conservatives and Labour might have been for leaving or remaining, more for leaving in the Conservative vote than the Labour vote. Votes for the other parties would be predominantly remain, but certainly not all. As you don't know the make up of each party's vote, stop pretending that your assertions are anything other than assumptions. It's making you look stupid.

The most Anti Brexit party agree with you, in fact they think Leave were the winners.

34a71cd28ddbd661a3ab6f7b61c910f9.jpg

Another horrendous night last night. The deranged women and the half bake’s that kept her in power, have royally ****ed up the party. Luckily the members will rebuild the party from the bottom up and we’ll get some clear direction and leadership

Michael Gove "deeply regrets" that the fact he used to use cocaine has become public knowledge;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48564722

That makes 3 leadership candidates who have now admitted to 'experimenting', plus the old rumours of BoJo and cocaine. Perhaps those who haven't done so will have to invent something so as to stay in the race ?

Michael Gove "deeply regrets" that the fact he used to use cocaine has become public knowledge;

That makes 3 leadership candidates who have now admitted to 'experimenting', plus the old rumours of BoJo and cocaine. Perhaps those who haven't done so will have to invent something so as to stay in the race ?

I think Johnson admitted it before being outed during the Mayor of London campaign.

I reckon Raab’s a roid head.

https://tuckered.co.uk/2019/06/08/jacob-rees-mogg-admits-he-tried-laudenham-on-new-years-eve-18991/?fbclid=IwAR1BINexpf2H4hv3RlcSp61Z_9lRRGPmITPVu4xcvly5JKBvpni3NXXdHpk

After a series of revelations from his peers, Jacob Rees-Mogg appeared in the form of an apparition on the cathode ray tube.

During the interview he admitted his ‘great regret’ at dabbling in ‘absinthe and laudanum in the year of our lord 1899’.

Although the former work house master hasn’t put himself forward for the Conservative leadership elections, he steadfastly defended his drug addicted colleagues.

“What is in the past should remain there”.

“If my colleagues in Westminster wish to air their dirty laundry in the name of transparency then I’m fully behind them”.

Although he regretted his past actions, Mr. Reese-Mogg was keen to point out that those substances were perfectly legal when he tried them.

I have more respect for Gove now.

Despite the fact that he wrote an article at the time slagging off middle class drug takers?

Only a few weeks ago Dianne Abbot was slagged off for drinking alcohol on the London Underground. Now we have a bunch of people fighting to become Prime Minister who can’t wait to use their previous drug taking exploits as a campaigning tool.

Seriously, wtf has this country come to?

Despite the fact that he wrote an article at the time slagging off middle class drug takers?

Only a few weeks ago Dianne Abbot was slagged off for drinking alcohol on the London Underground. Now we have a bunch of people fighting to become Prime Minister who can’t wait to use their previous drug taking exploits as a campaigning tool.

Seriously, wtf has this country come to?

They’re not using it as a “campaigning tool”, they’re just getting it out there on their own terms before the press do.

Bit rich asking wtf the country has come to. It’s become the country soft arsed lefties like you have made it.

....... It’s become the country soft arsed lefties like you have made it.

Bring back the birch and National Service, send boys down the mines at 14, and teach the girls that a woman's place is in the home . Make sure all the plebs know exactly how to doff their flat caps as their 'Betters' pass them by on the street.

#MakeBritainGreatAgain.

Edited by badgerx16

Bring back the birch and National Service, send boys down the mines at 14, and teach the girls that a woman's place is in the home . Make sure all the plebs know exactly how to doff their flat caps as their 'Betters' pass them by on the street.

#MakeBritainGreatAgain.

well, some parts want 16 or even 14 year old to have the 'vote'...

well, some parts want 16 or even 14 year old to have the 'vote'...

What can I do at age 16?

Get married or register a civil partnership with consent.

Drive a moped or invalid carriage.

You can consent to sexual activity with others aged 16 and over.

Drink wine/beer with a meal if accompanied by someone over 18.

Get a National Insurance number.

Join a trade union.

Join the Army.

What can I do at age 17?

Drive most vehicles and pilot a helicopter or plane.

No longer be subject to a care order.

Become a blood donor.

Be interviewed by the Police without an adult present.

Leave your body for medical study if you die.

But you cannot vote

What can I do at age 16?

Join a trade union.

Join the Army.

What can I do at age 17?

Become a blood donor.

But you cannot vote

I’m happy not letting that age group vote.

They can’t even understand basic science when it comes to gender and think somebody opening electrical items on YouTube is an influencer....

What can I do at age 16?

Join a trade union.

Join the Army.

What can I do at age 17?

Become a blood donor.

But you cannot vote

What you can’t do at 17.

Drink without eating a meal.

Be deployed on the front line.

Get married without mummy and daddy’s permission

Leave education

Attend Labour live festival on your own.

9e3378b662c2e84ad304e4c72ca90f31.jpg

They’re not using it as a “campaigning tool”, they’re just getting it out there on their own terms before the press do.

Bit rich asking wtf the country has come to. It’s become the country soft arsed lefties like you have made it.

Really? They seem to be queuing up to make their confessions and some to be looking to be wearing it as a badge of honour. No surprise to see you supporting this dreadful rabble though. You are so stuck in the 70s that you think the country is in a mess because of liberal policies. The country is where it is because of the likes of Cameron and May, two of the most inept PMs in my lifetime. Both Tories Duckie. The dreadful bunch looking to replace May will only make things worse. Still, if Mcvey gets in you can say least forget the dreadful policies whist fulfilling your sexual fantasies eh Duckie? Your party is a mess and with any luck will be destroyed in the next election.

The country is where it is because of the likes of Cameron and May, two of the most inept PMs in my lifetime. Both Tories Duckie. The dreadful bunch looking to replace May will only make things worse. Still, if Mcvey gets in you can say least forget the dreadful policies whist fulfilling your sexual fantasies eh Duckie? Your party is a mess and with any luck will be destroyed in the next election.

Cameron’s not a Tory he’s a bloody Heath tribute act pinko. As for May, I don’t quite know what she is, apart from useless. She’s defo not “one of us”. We haven’t had a sound Tory pm since the great lady got stabbed in the back by the soft arsed wing of the party. All we’ve had since is a wet blob of liberal handwringers from Major to Cameron via Blair and Brown.

Don’t worry though, more like minded people are infiltrating them in a momentum style blue wave. Give us a few years and the country will be back on track.