Other Clubs - Summer 2019

Lighthouse

Bale transfer fallen through, not entirley sure why.

Given that he's totally not wanted at Madrid, this could open up some interesting last day rush jobs for him. Loan to Bayern is a shout I reckon.

Apparently, they want a fee now. Perez has decided he's too good a player to let go on the 'cheap'.

I see Kalvin Philips is lined up for a move to Aston Villa for 15m. Weren’t we once linked.....?

We were, but 30m was quoted at the time. If Villa pick him up for 15m over us would be quite upset.

We were, but 30m was quoted at the time. If Villa pick him up for 15m over us would be quite upset.

I don't mean to pick on you here as loads are guilty of this, but you've summed up the modern football fan in two v quick posts

On one thread you've described Seri as being "very poor" last season and then in the next you'd be "quite upset" if we didn't buy Philips

I'm sure you'll deny this and claim you watch every club and every player intensely but my hunch is you've really seen very little of Seri or Philips play but like a lot of modern footy fans can rate a player purely based on league finish, media hype and agent excitement.

Performances, stats, facts ect..... Over rated!?

For consistency Seri scored 1 and assisted 3 last season. That's the exact same as Philips! Seri however played in c15 less games + in a tougher league + for a struggling side + his record prior to last season is way way way better than Philips.

But one is "very poor" the other "upset if we lose out to villa"

I don't mean to pick on you here as loads are guilty of this, but you've summed up the modern football fan in two v quick posts

On one thread you've described Seri as being "very poor" last season and then in the next you'd be "quite upset" if we didn't buy Philips

I'm sure you'll deny this and claim you watch every club and every player intensely but my hunch is you've really seen very little of Seri or Philips play but like a lot of modern footy fans can rate a player purely based on league finish, media hype and agent excitement.

Performances, stats, facts ect..... Over rated!?

For consistency Seri scored 1 and assisted 3 last season. That's the exact same as Philips! Seri however played in c15 less games + in a tougher league + for a struggling side + his record prior to last season is way way way better than Philips.

But one is "very poor" the other "upset if we lose out to villa"

Why are you judging defensive midfielders on goals and assists? I did watch a bit of Leeds and he looked good. Didn't watch much Fulham but I think it is pretty universally agreed that Seri struggled. His value has almost halved.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Why are you judging defensive midfielders on goals and assists? I did watch a bit of Leeds and he looked good. Didn't watch much Fulham but I think it is pretty universally agreed that Seri struggled. His value has almost halved.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

I saw seri early against Burnley and he was fantastic, though clearly that wasn’t always the case.

Billing to Bournemouth edges closer.

BILLING COMPLETES BOURNEMOUTH MEDICAL

Sky sources understand Huddersfield’s Philip Billing has completed his medical at Bournemouth.

It is understood a fee, in the region of £15m, has been agreed for the midfielder. Billing made 23 appearances for the Terriers in the Premier League last season, scoring two goals.

Idrissa Gueye has completed his PSG move. Wonder if that means Everton will now go for Lemina? What better way to achieve his big club dreams than sitting on the bench of the side who invented the dugout...

Possibly. I read yesterday they wanted 5 signings in before the window closes.

They've signed a Lossl / Delph / Andre Gomes so far, but have free'd up a fair bit of money after selling Gueye / Vlasic / Lookman.

Being reported that they will. Can we get Schneiderlin back? Would we want to?

I'm always curious to know if bringing back players like Vic or Morgan would work? Have they lost their hunger & drive that made them great?

or would playing regularly kick-start them again?

@CraigHope_DM: Brighton closing in on £25m signing of Bristol City defender Adam Webster in move that could finally trigger Harry Maguire's transfer to Manchester United (domino effect also includes Lewis Dunk to Leicester & Ciaran Clark leaving NUFC)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7300775/Manchester-United-transfer-news-Brighton-close-Adam-Webster-Solskjaer-boost-Harry-Maguire.html

I'm always curious to know if bringing back players like Vic or Morgan would work? Have they lost their hunger & drive that made them great?

or would playing regularly kick-start them again?

Both look completely burnt out to be honest. Probably both need to drop down a level now.

Lemina linked with Everton in one of the papers today......

& now this... I'm sure he imagines Utd etc want him, when in reality it's teams who can't afford him.

EVERTON IN TALKS FOR GBAMIN

Everton are in talks with Mainz over a deal to sign defensive-midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin, according to Sky in Germany.

The Toffees have had a £23m (€25m) bid rejected, with the Bundesliga side valuing the Ivory Coast player at £27.5m (€30m), Sky in Germany are reporting.

Everton played Mainz at the weekend but Gbamin was absent due to still being on holiday after his appearances at the African Cup of Nations.

The 23-year-old defensive-midfielder, who can also play at centre-back, played 32 times in the Bundesliga last season and scored twice.

Everton are on the hunt for a new midfielder after Idrissa Gueye’s move to Paris Saint-Germain was confirmed on Tuesday – and they are also interested in Southampton’s Mario Lemina.

Lemina is IMHO one of our top 5 players. Id be annoyed if we offloaded on the cheap especially to a non top 6 prem rival.

We look lightweight in the CM department already.... if Hoj got injured we'd lack quality in CM

Get him fit, get him motivated and get him playing

Lemina is IMHO one of our top 5 players. Id be annoyed if we offloaded on the cheap especially to a non top 6 prem rival.

We look lightweight in the CM department already.... if Hoj got injured we'd lack quality in CM

Get him fit, get him motivated and get him playing

What is your plan for this part?

Looks like Dybala heading to Utd, with Lukaku going the other way.

I think Utd could get a good deal here.

We were linked to Dybala back in the Cortese days, if i remember correctly.

Think at that time he had a really poor goalscoring record in Italy...I wasn't convinced :lol:

Looks like Dybala heading to Utd, with Lukaku going the other way.

I think Utd could get a good deal here.

We were linked to Dybala back in the Cortese days, if i remember correctly.

Lukaku doesn’t seem like a player Sarri would want at all.

Correct about Saints & Dybala — https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/11/southampton-ready-to-top-transfer-record-for-palermo-starlet/amp/

Spurs fans getting themselves a bit twitchy at their lack of activity. Levy to blame, killing the club etc.

I think they need to wake up and smell the coffee really. That new stadium won't have come free. They already have a team full of very talented and highly paid players. They even broke their transfer record this summer.

But they still want more, more, more.

Spurs fans getting themselves a bit twitchy at their lack of activity. Levy to blame, killing the club etc.

I think they need to wake up and smell the coffee really. That new stadium won't have come free. They already have a team full of very talented and highly paid players. They even broke their transfer record this summer.

But they still want more, more, more.

To be fair they have made one signing over the last 3 windows, they have a squad that with a little more key depth and little more quality could be challenging for the title and clearly for the champions league, have already sold one full back and seem to trying to sell the other one.

You can understand them getting a bit twitchy, they are in a great position to push on and seem to be not doing it.

It's a bit like us after finishing 6th or going further back to the 8th place and cup final, not kicking on from a good season with key investment and thus wasting a good opportunity that you then have to re-build back towards.

To be fair they have made one signing over the last 3 windows, they have a squad that with a little more key depth and little more quality could be challenging for the title and clearly for the champions league, have already sold one full back and seem to trying to sell the other one.

You can understand them getting a bit twitchy, they are in a great position to push on and seem to be not doing it.

It's a bit like us after finishing 6th or going further back to the 8th place and cup final, not kicking on from a good season with key investment and thus wasting a good opportunity that you then have to re-build back towards.

Plus Poch has the team overperforming and if he leaves, it could all fall apart quite dramatically

Plus Poch has the team overperforming and if he leaves, it could all fall apart quite dramatically

Not really. He has a squad filled with top quality players (which he admitted he had nothing to do with acquiring). They got very lucky to get to the CL final, and once again finished with no trophies.

Not really. He has a squad filled with top quality players (which he admitted he had nothing to do with acquiring). They got very lucky to get to the CL final, and once again finished with no trophies.

You only think they are top quality because he has made them that way. How many of his Saints players went on to be good at other clubs/Liverpool?