Other Clubs - Summer 2019

Lighthouse

Callum Wilson signing a new 4 year deal at Bournemouth apparently. Good news for them.

Expected them to be pulled apart this summer as they (like us 3-4 seasons ago) have a lot of talented young players.

They seem better than us at holding top talent - kudos to em

Konsa to Villa?

VILLA CLOSE IN ON KONSA

Aston Villa are closing in on the signing of Brentford centre-back Ezri Konsa, Sky Sports News understands.

Talks are understood to be progressing over a £12m deal, which would trigger a release clause in his contract.

Earlier this month Sky Sports News revealed that Brentford’s West London rivals Fulham were keen to sign Konsa on loan. But he looks set to join back up with ex-Bees boss Dean Smith at Villa Park, as the newly-promoted side add more defensive options on top of the signing of Tyrone Mings.

Brentford, of course, brought in Pontus Jansson from Leeds at centre-back this week.

Villa are using the scattergun approach of Fulham I see. Although Konsa is a decent signing. McCarthy next?

Additionally, lol at Newcastle if they appoint Steve Bruce. Ashley would have truly lost it, well, re-lost it after giving Pardew an 8 year contract! Poor fans if so.

I'd agree. I'd rather have a proven' date=' decent player on £100k pw, then several cr4p equivalents on 50k-60k pw.[/quote']

i agree with this, but what if he starts playing absolute rubbish next season- so my point here is basically sometimes contract extensions and everything are all a gamble really- no one can confirm whether Wilson can replicate the form he had this season to the next.

i agree with this, but what if he starts playing absolute rubbish next season- so my point here is basically sometimes contract extensions and everything are all a gamble really- no one can confirm whether Wilson can replicate the form he had this season to the next.

Whilst form can change, Wilson got off to a flyer two seasons ago before picking up a bad injury. He followed that with an excellent season last time around. I think he is an excellent striker and am very surprised he hasn't been snapped up by one of the big 6. I think all, except maybe City, could find a place in their squad for him. I guess the question mark is over his fitness/ability to avoid further injury.

Villa are using the scattergun approach of Fulham I see. Although Konsa is a decent signing. McCarthy next?

Additionally, lol at Newcastle if they appoint Steve Bruce. Ashley would have truly lost it, well, re-lost it after giving Pardew an 8 year contract! Poor fans if so.

What do you expect Villa to do? Like Fulham, half their promotion squad was on loan, they have no choice but to buy a new team.

What do you expect Villa to do? Like Fulham, half their promotion squad was on loan, they have no choice but to buy a new team.
Yes, the harsh reality of winning promotion with a borrowed team. Their first XI next season will look nothing like the team that got promoted - that's why it'll be so hard to stay up. They're essentially starting again from scratch, give or take.

I think they've made some good signings, though. Massively overpaid, but it is what it is. They're worth it if the team survives.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

arsenal about to sign an 18yr old cb for 27m just to loan him back for the season. madness when they actually need defenders for their starting 11

This is a club who are supposedly operating a meagre transfer budget this summer.

This is a club who are supposedly operating a meagre transfer budget this summer.

If I read it right, the signing of Saliba doesn’t affect their summer transfer budget of £45 million, presumably because it’s made up of future payments. Which makes it a sensible deal. What is baffling is they’ve been linked with attacking players like Zaha (who they’ll never afford unless Palace accept players as part exchange) and Fraser but barely a sniff of a centre back. Granted they’ve been linked with Tierney at left back but they already have Kolasinac and Monreal. They’re a mess and £45 million isn’t enough to sort it out IMO.

Big Sam has rejected the Newcastle job.

Seb Haller feels like one that got away... Did we sign Carillo instead? Haller is worth 40m EUR and Carillo is worth nothing!

I dont think we chose Carrillo over Haller, that signing was a silly vanity one for a manager we should have sacked way before that.

But yeh he does look like the kind of player we need, decent goalscoring record, decent age, big and mobile.

If I read it right, the signing of Saliba doesn’t affect their summer transfer budget of £45 million, presumably because it’s made up of future payments. Which makes it a sensible deal. What is baffling is they’ve been linked with attacking players like Zaha (who they’ll never afford unless Palace accept players as part exchange) and Fraser but barely a sniff of a centre back. Granted they’ve been linked with Tierney at left back but they already have Kolasinac and Monreal. They’re a mess and £45 million isn’t enough to sort it out IMO.

It's even worse for them now, Koscielny wants away and seems to be pushing to have his contract cancelled. I wonder if we can give them a BOGOF offer: buy Lemina get Hoedt for free? ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48948345

Villa bid for Tom Heaton.

VILLA HAVE HEATON BID REJECTED

Aston Villa have had a speculative bid for goalkeeper Tom Heaton rejected and classed as derisory by Burnley, according to Sky sources.

Sources in the Midlands have told Sky Sports News that Villa’s opening move was to gauge Burnley’s reaction, which was emphatic in response to a bid they felt was too low.

We understand Heaton is not the only goalkeeper Villa are interested in, with another as-yet unnamed player also a strong target.

Villa are big admirers of Heaton but have reservations over getting value for money for the 33-year-old, who is entering the final year of his Burnley contract and struggled with a shoulder injury last season.

Edited by SuperSAINT

West Ham in talks with Haller

HAMMERS IN HALLER TALKS

West Ham have opened talks with Eintracht Frankfurt over the transfer of striker Sebastien Haller, according to Sky sources.

The Bundesliga club are believed to wan at least £40m for the 25-year-old, who scored 20 goals in all competitions last season.

Haller’s representatives are ready to fly to London to discuss terms once a deal is agreed, and both sides increasingly hopeful a deal can be done.

Everton are similar to us in that they have a bloated squad of players they are probably struggling to offload.

Players like Bolasie, Niasse, Tosun,and even Schneiderlin, Walcott too.

I think they might struggle next season - especially if they are selling players like Gueye and replacing them with Delph.

That's where it all went wrong for us.

Everton are similar to us in that they have a bloated squad of players they are probably struggling to offload.

I think they might struggle next season - especially if they are selling players like Gueye and replacing them with Delph.

What a signing Gueye was for £8m.

His stats were great for Villa, even that season when Villa were terrible.

Saints have just Everton's chief scout Martyn Glover...! ;)

Yet the media are touting them to break into the top 6 ! (Again)

So nobody is touting them. A few amateur articles saying if they invest v.heavy they could/might/potentially.

Could say that about any side that finished top 10 last season.

Wolves with heavy investment might/could/maybe.