Other Clubs - Summer 2019

Lighthouse

Leandro Trossard move to Brighton imminent.

Shows that Genk are selling if the price is right. (I.e Maehle)

Trossard has good stats on paper, but can he make the step up, as Jahanbakhsh and even our own Elyounoussi have failed to do? We shall see. Has been linked with Arsenal though.

Shows that Genk are selling if the price is right. (I.e Maehle)

Trossard has good stats on paper, but can he make the step up, as Jahanbakhsh and even our own Elyounoussi have failed to do? We shall see. Has been linked with Arsenal though.

Genk can spot (& sell) a player - Kristof Terreur tweeted this earlier:

Sold by KRC Genk since 2011:

L. Trossard £18m

S. Milenkovic-Savic £16m

W. Ndidi £15m

L. Bailey £12m

A. Pozuelo £8.1m

C. Benteke £8m

O. Colley £7.2m

T. Courtois £7.1m

K. De Bruyne £7m

K. Koulibaly £6.8m

C. Kabasele £6m

Rafa is leaving Newcastle at the end of his contract.

Hard to see them attracting a better manager with Ashley there so good news for us.

Mental. Absolutely mental. If it weren't for Rafa they'd have gone down the season he brought them up. The Newcastle FC forum isn't great, but I'm off to see the reactions on this news...

Can't believe everybody fell for the ol' "I'm definitely selling Newcastle this year no honestly for real this time" routine during season ticket renewal time for like... the fourth year in a row?

Is the Geordies gripe with Ashley that he won't invest his own cash? Or has he taken money out or refused to allow generated funds to be spent and they are sitting on loads of cash?

Just wondering why they hate him so much, but then it is Ashley so perhaps no rational reason needed!

Quincy Primes just joined Ajax

For a minimum of 15,7 million euro. That said Quincy is from Amsterdam and played in their academy. With Neres, Promes, Tadic and Ziyech as their attacking players they should destroy the Eredivisie next season.

True. Although they aren't short of a few euro's after their recent (& soon to be recent) sales.

They promised him last summer he could go this summer - think some big teams were sniffing but i don't think he'll go there (Bayern etc) just as a gut feel.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up staying or going to a big club not in champs league -Man U/Milan etc

Seems a decent bit of business, was highly regarded a few years ago.

Scored about 9 league goals in 5 years or something. Was a good young player but career decimated with injuries. Very risky signing even on a free. Mind you they already have their main striker so I guess it's not so bad.

I think Lampard is a good choice for Chelsea this time. OK, he has inexperience in management and of course a massive piece of the Chelsea jigsaw has been sold in Hazard, but he knows the club inside and out, probably knows most of the youth and even had the likes of Tomori and Mount on loan last year, and in a season when they have a transfer ban, I think it's good chance for their youth/fringe to get some experience. Now if they'd only done that when the likes or de Bruyne and Salah weren't good enough for them...:)

Besides, they'll sack whoever is appointed in a year's time anyway, so it's moot whoever they get.

I think Lampard is a good choice for Chelsea this time. OK, he has inexperience in management and of course a massive piece of the Chelsea jigsaw has been sold in Hazard, but he knows the club inside and out, probably knows most of the youth and even had the likes of Tomori and Mount on loan last year, and in a season when they have a transfer ban, I think it's good chance for their youth/fringe to get some experience. Now if they'd only done that when the likes or de Bruyne and Salah weren't good enough for them...:)

Besides, they'll sack whoever is appointed in a year's time anyway, so it's moot whoever they get.

Lampard will be a disaster for them, they either won't want to sack him when it goes wrong and they'll get dragged down further, or they will sack him and be branded ruthless, not respecting a club legend, etc. etc.

[h=1]Aaron Wan-Bissaka 50 million :lol:[/h]

Think most United fans would happily pay double that to get Ashley Young out of the side. Just need a useful CB and they might actually have a competent defence.

Lampard will be a disaster for them, they either won't want to sack him when it goes wrong and they'll get dragged down further, or they will sack him and be branded ruthless, not respecting a club legend, etc. etc.

What people seem to have not taken into account at Derby is that he scraped into the playoffs and that was with an array of loaned talent worth £150+ m

. He had a few standout results and n the cups, but to be truthful against us we should have buried them. In the playoff game against Leeds when they were losing and looking out, he as forced to bring on a sub due to injury who changed th game, not due to managerial brilliance

Aaron Wan-Bissaka 50 million :lol:

He is heavily overpriced (£45 million up front acc. to the Beeb) because he's young, British and came from a Premier League club, but despite his recent wobbly showing for the U21s, he still has decent stats from last season, and him and Shaw (with Dalot behind them) would sort their full back slots out long term. Now they just need two decent centre backs in the middle of them! :lol:

Could be a bargain for 6 mill' date=' IMO[/quote']

a player I liked and thought would have been ideal to cover both left and right back and offer a bot more going forward too. We don't seem overly interested in signing players from the lower leagues. I see Joe Aribo is off to Rangers for just £300,000. What a bargain.

He is heavily overpriced (£45 million up front acc. to the Beeb) because he's young, British and came from a Premier League club, but despite his recent wobbly showing for the U21s, he still has decent stats from last season, and him and Shaw (with Dalot behind them) would sort their full back slots out long term. Now they just need two decent centre backs in the middle of them! :lol:

He was absolutely rock sold for Palace last season. No one caused him a problem. Everyone keeps saying teams need defenders that can defend and he can certainly do that. The question is, can he offer a threat going forward? Maybe he will be a Gary Neville and just keep it relatively simple and that will be enough. To me this feels like a very good signing.

assuming it was down to him, showed a very good eye with the loan signings he brought to Derby last summer. If and when he gets that chance, spotting quality is half the battle.

assuming it was down to him, showed a very good eye with the loan signings he brought to Derby last summer. If and when he gets that chance, spotting quality is half the battle.

Not going to get that chance this summer though!

felt like a player we should have signed due to our previous `raids', but as we became less desirable he became more appreciated. Missed a lot of football last season due to his hernia, but possibly the best player in Scotland right now.

I imagine had we ever sold Berty for £30m to City, Tierney would have been top of the list to replace him.

I imagine had we ever sold Berty for £30m to City, Tierney would have been top of the list to replace him.

agreed. No chance now, sadly. Should have bought him at the time anyway as he often played in the middle. Would have been a much better option than Hoedt and provided an automatic replacement for Bertie (not to mention cover). I think the £25m+ price tag back then may have been prohibitive, but we should have pushed the boat out and saved elsewhere.

BBC are saying Wan-Bissaka has completed his move from Palace to Man U for £50m. If Palace sell Zaha to Arsenal too' date=' they'll have quite a bit of cash to splash.[/quote']

We've had tons to splash (waste) over the last few seasons.

We are absolute proof that it's not easy to replace proven talent.

You mean the Chelsea youngsters and Harry Wilson who he was able to bring in through his contacts. Wont be able to do that at Chelsea

You mean the Chelsea youngsters and Harry Wilson who he was able to bring in through his contacts. Wont be able to do that at Chelsea

first season maybe not, but he'd hope to stay longer and not being able to revamp will give him some breathing space as expectations will be low. Maybe he has the talent there already anyway?