Other Clubs - Summer 2019

Lighthouse

I see Christopher jullien has joined celtic, i believe he was a target along with vestergaard

Saw the report of £7m. Too early to judge if we missed an opportunity or dodged a bullet, but we've wasted a lot more on absolute guff players.

I suspect if we or another EPL side had been in for him Toulouse would have added another £5m-10m to the asking price.

Celta Vigo splashing the cash... and they want us to lower our asking price on Boufal. Erm...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/former-arsenal-loanee-denis-suarez-17283952

Tell you what, we’ll lower our asking price on Hoedt. Sound fair? :)

They should still have plenty more to spend if they sell Maxi Gomez.

We still don’t have a definitive take on what Ralph wants to do with Boufal yet.

Villa after Adam Webster now, according to the Express in this article about Targett going there. Think we've been linked in this window...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1147420/Aston-Villa-transfer-news-signing-today-Matt-Targett-Dean-Smith-Adam-Webster-rumours-news/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Yeah, we have. But the £30m+ figure being bounded about made me gasp, a little.

Arsenal plot £12million swoop for Hull striker Jarrod Bowen.

Arsenal starting up discussions for Wilfred Zaha, £40m ish initially being discussed.

Palace are seemingly going to be raped this summer.

£40m FFS! They’ve just sold their right-back for £50m.

Arsenal going “full Liverpool” to de-stabilise.

Spurs have signed Jack Clarke from Leeds for an initial £10m... and then loaned him straight back to them for next season.

Is it just me who thinks this practice should be banned?

no its not just you, i dont like the idea of it, its just big clubs sticking a Reserved sign on a player.

Spurs have signed Jack Clarke from Leeds for an initial £10m... and then loaned him straight back to them for next season.

I wish Arsenal did that for us with Theo & Ox.

Not at all. In fact I think the whole 'loaning' system/rules should be revised.

I don't think teams should be allowed to loan players to other teams in their division. Doing so gives them an advantage in that the loaned player can play against all their competitors, but not them.

I think only players aged 23 and under should be able to be loaned out, purely for developmental purposes.

As well as having a limit (2 players max) on how many players a club can bring in on loan, there should also be a limit as to how many they can have out on loan (I would set it at 5).

All of this would stop clubs from 'stockpiling' players; especially younger ones.

I dont like the principle of it i agree, feels a bit grubby but its Tricky though isnt it - Would it be ok to loan them out to someone else? Why not loan them to a club that you know will be good for their development? At some point you either have to have loans or not if you go down this road though i think. Maybe only loans for acadamy graduates to lower leagues would be a sensible rule?

Arnautovic has put his standard transfer window request in...after saying in January he was happy at West Ham (after being given a bumper new contract)

Not sure he'll be getting another payrise, think it will probably play out with him moving to China.

Can't say I'd be sorry to see West Ham lining up against us without Arnautovic!

Not at all. In fact I think the whole 'loaning' system/rules should be revised.

I don't think teams should be allowed to loan players to other teams in their division. Doing so gives them an advantage in that the loaned player can play against all their competitors, but not them.

I think only players aged 23 and under should be able to be loaned out, purely for developmental purposes.

As well as having a limit (2 players max) on how many players a club can bring in on loan, there should also be a limit as to how many they can have out on loan (I would set it at 5).

All of this would stop clubs from 'stockpiling' players; especially younger ones.

Not sure about the age limit on loans. Would leave us having to keep classie and Carrillo in the squad. I think there should be a hard limit on the number of players each club can own

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Tottenham sign Ndombele from Lyon. Does that make Big Vic available (albeit not falling within our under 24s only profile)?
Spoke to my spurs supporting mate about this, he says we don't want him. Apparently his injuries are so bad he is considering retirement and is playing in constant pain. Has been criticised a lot at afcon too. Shame because he was a great player when fit.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Ayoze Perez is a cracking signing for Leicester.

They are building a really good squad, probably a better starting XI than Arsenal IMO.

Where is this reported. You’re stating like it’s a done deal.

Ayoze Perez is a cracking signing for Leicester.

They are building a really good squad, probably a better starting XI than Arsenal IMO.

Should be completed this week. Direct replacement for Okazaki. Newcastle fans will be fuming (again) but it seems he wasn’t going to extend his contract even if Benitez had stayed. As for Leicester, their squad being good is dependent on whether they hold on to Maguire and Chilwell, and whether they can get Tielemans on a permanent. There’s a lot of the transfer window to go, although at the moment as it stands they must feel like they can challenge the top 6.

Personally I’d like to see us up with Leicester, Everton and Wolves this season, we’re certainly making the right noises in the transfer window. West Ham will probably think they can push upwards too. On the flip side I can’t see Watford doing as well this season.

The miserable last few seasons working to our advantage as nobody seems to want our better players. We also seem to be making good progress at shifting those deemed surplus to requirements.

On the other hand, some of the teams around us like Newcastle, Bournemouth and Palace are struggling to hang onto their better players. A few more good signings and hopefully we can push above these clubs next season

Got to think Newcastle are favourites for relegation this season, feel really sorry for their fans.

Benitez gone, Ayoze Perez off to Leicester, Rondon gone back to WBA, talk that their looking to replace Rondon with Steve Mounie from Huddersfield!

Cant see where the goals will come from next season.

The miserable last few seasons working to our advantage as nobody seems to want our better players. We also seem to be making good progress at shifting those deemed surplus to requirements.

On the other hand, some of the teams around us like Newcastle, Bournemouth and Palace are struggling to hang onto their better players. A few more good signings and hopefully we can push above these clubs next season

I think the big advantage is we had no real stand out players last season that you thought could instantly make an impact.

Helder Costa has gone to Leeds form Wolves on a 1 year loan with an obligation to buy for £15m next summer. 4 year contract thereafter.

That’s a fantastic signing for Leeds. 25 years old, full Portugal international. Wonder why no premier league teams were interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk