Other Clubs - Summer 2019

Lighthouse

Lloyd Kelly joins Bournemouth from Bristol City for £13m, a player Saints were linked with. Probably the right move for him, Saints have got Bertrand and Kelly would want to be first choice. Any spending created by selling the senile one’s signings will need to be on absolute first team automatic selections only.

Do need to offer Targett the opportunity of a move for first team football this summer though.

Make that about £50m on Mepham, Solanke and Kelly since we last signed someone.

They seem to overpay IMO, but if you want a player and want to get him in early on during a window, then its probably worth it to an extent.

As an aside, if Kelly cost £15m then surely Adams would be north of £20m. Mad prices. Our standard £15m buys won't get anything other than a bit of potential these days.

They seem to overpay IMO, but if you want a player and want to get him in early on during a window, then its probably worth it to an extent.

As an aside, if Kelly cost £15m then surely Adams would be north of £20m. Mad prices. Our standard £15m buys won't get anything other than a bit of potential these days.

We signed Moi and Juanmi in June and Toby and Mane on deadline day.

Now that the window closes before the season starts it doesn't really matter.

We signed Moi and Juanmi in June and Toby and Mane on deadline day.

Now that the window closes before the season starts it doesn't really matter.

One of our best seasons came when we signed Lovren and Wanyama early on and both were good from the first game etc.

It does make a difference according to our Manager who wants to be able to adapt players to how he wants to play during the pre season (and get them fit enough for the league they will be playing in).

Also, if paying a little more gets you the player versus waiting and potentially losing out then maybe it is worth doing for the ones you really want to sign in the key positions?

Clearly its not always possible as you wait and see what falls into place but I imagine for some targets we know right now what it would take to get them.

I always forget they signed Solanke.

And Clyne!

Good shout.

He has been a bit Carrillo for Bournemouth. Lord help them if he's the replacement for Wilson.

Yeah, completely forgot about him. Solanke keeps moving to clubs where he won't play.

I have to be honest as well, I thought Ibe would be REALLY good for them.

Might as well have a thread for what everyone else is up to.

Not often you can say this - but quite interested to see Chelsea (don't) do if the transfer ban happens.

If any club is set up to handle a transfer ban it's them, with their ridiculous 40+ loan players.

PALACE, WEST HAM, BOURNEMOUTH WANT CLYNE

Crystal Palace and West Ham are rivalling Bournemouth with interest in a permanent deal for Nathaniel Clyne, Sky Sports News understands.

Napoli are also understood to be interested in the right-back, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Bournemouth.

Eddie Howe is understood to be keen to bring in the England international full-time – with Liverpool wanting a £15m fee.

Clyne made 15 appearances for Howe after joining in the January transfer window, having found his first-team opportunities limited at Anfield.

Both Palace and West Ham were also keen on a loan for Clyne in the January window.

Serie A side Napoli have also been interested in signing Tottenham right-back Kieran Trippier this summer.

Yeah, I was thinking Clyne should be an option for us, if Cedric is going to go. Trouble is we wouldn't see him as first choice, just as backup to Valery now.

Palace - surely only if Wan-Bissake goes? West Ham - I don't even recall who is their RB now but they go for everyone, don't they?

For us, £15M for a squad player would be excessive. Need a decent RB from the Championship or League 1, ideally.

Yeah, I was thinking Clyne should be an option for us, if Cedric is going to go. Trouble is we wouldn't see him as first choice, just as backup to Valery now.

Palace - surely only if Wan-Bissake goes? West Ham - I don't even recall who is their RB now but they go for everyone, don't they?

For us, £15M for a squad player would be excessive. Need a decent RB from the Championship or League 1, ideally.

If he can get anywhere near his best again then he’s way better than Valery.

If he can get anywhere near his best again then he’s way better than Valery.

Even if he is better today, I doubt the club would want to slow down Valery's development. If Clyne would come to be backup, and stay within our wage structure and Liverpool lower their price tag, then it could be a go-er. But there are three IF statements in there. :?

Strange isn’t it - Dawson is an extremely average cb, yet I find myself annoyed we didn’t get him given he is as good or better than any of our cbs, and will be strictly bench material for a relegation rival...

He might not be an exciting defender but he does know how to defend and also chips in with a few goals. 15m well spent compared to some of ourCB's

Bednarek looks really good value at the £5 million we signed him for now.

Lossl going to Everton, I see.

That's an odd one. Presumably as backup to Pickford?

That’s what i assume. Signing as a back up, either Lossl genuinely thinks he can displace Pickford or he’s one of those that’s just happy to earn his money for doing very little.

Of the relegated keepers though, I would rather have Etheridge.

Lossl going to Everton, I see.

That's an odd one. Presumably as backup to Pickford?

That’s what i assume. Signing as a back up, either Lossl genuinely thinks he can displace Pickford or he’s one of those that’s just happy to earn his money for doing very little.

best job you can get, surely?

Etheridge does look good. If Lossl going to Everton as #2, where does that leave our old friend Stekelenburg? Does he want to come back?

Etheridge does look good. If Lossl going to Everton as #2, where does that leave our old friend Stekelenburg? Does he want to come back?

As did Marshall for Cardiff some years ago when they last played in the top flight.

Please don’t rub salt in the wound because if Newcastle get a Sheikh from the house of Al Nehayan (one of the ruling families of the UAE), it would sting slightly as it would just serve as a reminder at how the epitome of Ralph K’s blunderous reign was leaving us lumbered with Gao.

Ralph K & Kat have definitely sold us out, sold us cold turkey...while drinking too much Sake celebrating Chinese New Year no doubt. ;o)

I couldn’t ever understand much of what Ralph Krueger said in sentences as most was incomprehensible and I can’t think of a single positive contribution of note he made. Correct me if I’m wrong. I never fully understood what he did in his role but what the papers & club wanted to tell us was that he was appointed to find us investment. He was subsequently, rarely at St Mary’s but getting paid loads for doing it. Good work when you can get it. As I read, his chief role was to find us a new owner and if that was his main role, then he certainly seems to have failed monumentally which is almost amusing if it wasn’t so painful for us as Saints fans because the guy was a complete charlatan in my view. The new Clive Woodward. Not needed in football and an expensive luxury when money could’ve gone towards the football coaching set up.

Good luck to Newcastle. Mike Ashley to Geordies is like Gao Jisheng to me. I’m a big advocate for #GaoOut and this joker is on his very very last chance with me & my fellow fan friends. This pre-season is do or die judgement time. Too many lies and too much misinformation. Too much carrot dangling. As Mike Skinner would say, actions speak louder than words. This Gao character is clearly a disrespectful and disingenuous charlatan, possibly more intent on expanding his property empire & port trade links with China, possibly using the club for leverage, rather than investing, developing & improving the football club. Particularly the first team which is, essentially, the heart of the club. Or the feet. Or.... well, they’re bloody important. Much more important than focusing on purely strategy and marketing???!!! Focus on the sport!! Focus on achieving success. Focus on finding us an owner like this emirate contingent (although that was Ralph K’s job so no wonder we are where we are). Part of this epilogue is trying to tempt fate. You slate someone to the hills and then they finally put money in (as Kat Liebherr & the chuckle bros board promised from the outset) & the family transform our club & set the direction back from reverse into forwards motion but that’s not gonna happen is it but I really want to have egg on my face and be proved wrong.

Is it my imagination or have our club consistently, in recent years, squandered millions, top money, for a bunch of jokers that fall way short of the quality mark? This is not just players, this is across-the-board from ground level coaching to scouting to 1st team to Board and Chairmen, culminating in the most destructive decision of them all, selling us out & lumbering us with a poor owner. Gao failed the contentious, PL fit and proper persons criteria so maybe the board should have heeded that warning. In true Saints style, we don’t tend to learn from mistakes. Instead, we penny pinch, asset strip and take even more liberties and get even more complacent as I’m sure we will do this season despite disingenuous media reporting (or PR spin indirectly from the club, who knows?!) I truly hope I am wrong & we start to see some wise acquisitions who aren’t bargain basement signings or negligible risks just making up the numbers as seems to happen under our current regime.

The smart money would suggest, we’ve had 2 consecutive seasons with poor managers, numerous minimal (& poor) transfer windows (signing no-one or wasting money on a string of duds who replaced the more successful exiting players so our quality have progressively deteriorated) and we’ve got away with it but we finally got lucky and brought in a very good manager who could possibly be the one in a decade manager so what are the club doing to secure his position and keep him at the club for the foreseeable future?

Are they backing Ralph? Are they giving Ralph a sensible transfer kitty to sign a few (not lots) desperately needed players (BUT of quality) which will cost a little more than the staple 6-15 million we seems to operate in, when we did sign players? Are we going to act swiftly and decisively in the transfer market or just prevaricate & dangle the carrot right up until the transfer deadline to ensure season ticket sales don’t suffer? Likely generated via indirect club rumours which appear calculated & regularly appear on newspaper websites and social media agencies? We rarely make the actual newspapers anymore.

I would hope the club would back the manager who was, as we initially understood from press reports, promised the time and money to build his own squad once the dust had settled after yet another relegation battle. Then the club January transfer window intentions changed and Ralph was told he had to clear out players before signing anyone which the club unduly did. We signed no-one. Then the club cited players were too expensive in January and gave an array of feeble excuses indirectly via the Echo hacks. Saints would do more preseason when players are a more sensible price and we have the time to rebuild properly. I imagined these were disingenuous words and nothing would happen but I didn’t think the club would do it for a third window in a row because they would know the fans would lose patience and possibly revolt and no one would dangle the carrot and take the pee that much.

Who in the club has such bad judgement that they have wasted millions of our precious club budget on people who must be charlatans wanting to get an easy pay day? Is it all Kat? She’s been very sheepish since. They did well and got lucky with Ralph H but Gao (We have no chairman to blame, no director of football or anyone really on the sporting side) doesn’t seem to be backing him in any form of a transfer kitty if he even talks to the staff. I have a horrid we have a mute, disinterested owner leaving the clueless staff, whom they keep reducing in numbers & quality, to run the show. The lunatics are running the asylum.

We have found a gem in Ralph H and the club don’t appear to appreciate that and don’t appear to want to invest and don’t appear to want to be doing anything to keep this man at our club. I’m speculating of course because I haven’t a clue. Our owner doesn’t appear to hold enough respect for us as fans to even address us. This is generally the behaviour of someone without good intentions because when you have bad intentions, you never tend to say anything because of backlash. Well, you can only sit quietly and mute for so long and get away with it and you cannot go back on your prevaricating transfer intentions for a third successive window. We cleared out the squad and moved many players on and sold our best assets long ago and we now have some loans back but we are threadbare. Now is when we rebuild as you repeatedly intimated so why has it not started yet? Lies. Constant lies. Carrot dangling as it is known.

I digress. If this Newcastle takeover story is true, then Newcastle could be very lucky indeed and the Geordies may finally have their dream of being rid of Mike Ashley. My current dream is being rid of Gao. Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan is the cousin of Man City’s Sheikh Mansour. Mansour hasn’t done too badly for Citeh, eh? And we are lumbered with this mute, seemingly tight fisted, disingenuous, Chinese charlatan. Great. Thanks Kat! Good work. The reality is hard to say to a family that saved us but facts are facts and she’s undone much of her father & Cortese’s good work, patiently build up over many years (and the 3 consistent seasons of relative success for a small [now relegation fodder] club) in 3 short years. We continue to not learn from our mistakes.

I wish Ralph well when he has the sense to move on to an ambitious PL club that at least provide some transfer backing accompanied by some sporting structure, transparency to staff and fans and, ultimately, honour, respect & integrity. I am confident he will enjoy success and become a highly sought-after asset in years to come. We will be back in the Championship where we belong under the level of control and management we operate.

If you get any second thoughts Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan, can you offer to buy out Gao Jisheng? Please!

#WeBrieflyMarched #Weneedanoverhaul #Backupyourbullsh*t #GaoOut

Patrick Roberts to join Norwich on loan...

ROBERTS IN NORWICH MEDICAL

Manchester City’s Patrick Roberts has undergone a medical at Norwich today ahead of joining the club on a season-long loan.

The 22-year-old winger spent last season on loan at Girona in Spain after a successful two-season loan at Celtic in the Scottish Premiership.

Roberts is set to become newly-promoted Norwich’s first signing of the summer transfer window and return to Premier League football for the first time since December 2015.

Roberts – a former England youth international – began his senior career at Fulham, where he broke through from the academy, before switching to City for a fee in the region of £12m in July 2015.

Please don’t rub salt in the wound because if Newcastle get a Sheikh from the house of Al Nehayan (one of the ruling families of the UAE), it would sting slightly as it would just serve as a reminder at how the epitome of Ralph K’s blunderous reign was leaving us lumbered with Gao.

Ralph K & Kat have definitely sold us out, sold us cold turkey...while drinking too much Sake celebrating Chinese New Year no doubt. ;o)

I couldn’t ever understand much of what Ralph Krueger said in sentences as most was incomprehensible and I can’t think of a single positive contribution of note he made. Correct me if I’m wrong. I never fully understood what he did in his role but what the papers & club wanted to tell us was that he was appointed to find us investment. He was subsequently, rarely at St Mary’s but getting paid loads for doing it. Good work when you can get it. As I read, his chief role was to find us a new owner and if that was his main role, then he certainly seems to have failed monumentally which is almost amusing if it wasn’t so painful for us as Saints fans because the guy was a complete charlatan in my view. The new Clive Woodward. Not needed in football and an expensive luxury when money could’ve gone towards the football coaching set up.

Good luck to Newcastle. Mike Ashley to Geordies is like Gao Jisheng to me. I’m a big advocate for #GaoOut and this joker is on his very very last chance with me & my fellow fan friends. This pre-season is do or die judgement time. Too many lies and too much misinformation. Too much carrot dangling. As Mike Skinner would say, actions speak louder than words. This Gao character is clearly a disrespectful and disingenuous charlatan, possibly more intent on expanding his property empire & port trade links with China, possibly using the club for leverage, rather than investing, developing & improving the football club. Particularly the first team which is, essentially, the heart of the club. Or the feet. Or.... well, they’re bloody important. Much more important than focusing on purely strategy and marketing???!!! Focus on the sport!! Focus on achieving success. Focus on finding us an owner like this emirate contingent (although that was Ralph K’s job so no wonder we are where we are). Part of this epilogue is trying to tempt fate. You slate someone to the hills and then they finally put money in (as Kat Liebherr & the chuckle bros board promised from the outset) & the family transform our club & set the direction back from reverse into forwards motion but that’s not gonna happen is it but I really want to have egg on my face and be proved wrong.

Is it my imagination or have our club consistently, in recent years, squandered millions, top money, for a bunch of jokers that fall way short of the quality mark? This is not just players, this is across-the-board from ground level coaching to scouting to 1st team to Board and Chairmen, culminating in the most destructive decision of them all, selling us out & lumbering us with a poor owner. Gao failed the contentious, PL fit and proper persons criteria so maybe the board should have heeded that warning. In true Saints style, we don’t tend to learn from mistakes. Instead, we penny pinch, asset strip and take even more liberties and get even more complacent as I’m sure we will do this season despite disingenuous media reporting (or PR spin indirectly from the club, who knows?!) I truly hope I am wrong & we start to see some wise acquisitions who aren’t bargain basement signings or negligible risks just making up the numbers as seems to happen under our current regime.

The smart money would suggest, we’ve had 2 consecutive seasons with poor managers, numerous minimal (& poor) transfer windows (signing no-one or wasting money on a string of duds who replaced the more successful exiting players so our quality have progressively deteriorated) and we’ve got away with it but we finally got lucky and brought in a very good manager who could possibly be the one in a decade manager so what are the club doing to secure his position and keep him at the club for the foreseeable future?

Are they backing Ralph? Are they giving Ralph a sensible transfer kitty to sign a few (not lots) desperately needed players (BUT of quality) which will cost a little more than the staple 6-15 million we seems to operate in, when we did sign players? Are we going to act swiftly and decisively in the transfer market or just prevaricate & dangle the carrot right up until the transfer deadline to ensure season ticket sales don’t suffer? Likely generated via indirect club rumours which appear calculated & regularly appear on newspaper websites and social media agencies? We rarely make the actual newspapers anymore.

I would hope the club would back the manager who was, as we initially understood from press reports, promised the time and money to build his own squad once the dust had settled after yet another relegation battle. Then the club January transfer window intentions changed and Ralph was told he had to clear out players before signing anyone which the club unduly did. We signed no-one. Then the club cited players were too expensive in January and gave an array of feeble excuses indirectly via the Echo hacks. Saints would do more preseason when players are a more sensible price and we have the time to rebuild properly. I imagined these were disingenuous words and nothing would happen but I didn’t think the club would do it for a third window in a row because they would know the fans would lose patience and possibly revolt and no one would dangle the carrot and take the pee that much.

Who in the club has such bad judgement that they have wasted millions of our precious club budget on people who must be charlatans wanting to get an easy pay day? Is it all Kat? She’s been very sheepish since. They did well and got lucky with Ralph H but Gao (We have no chairman to blame, no director of football or anyone really on the sporting side) doesn’t seem to be backing him in any form of a transfer kitty if he even talks to the staff. I have a horrid we have a mute, disinterested owner leaving the clueless staff, whom they keep reducing in numbers & quality, to run the show. The lunatics are running the asylum.

We have found a gem in Ralph H and the club don’t appear to appreciate that and don’t appear to want to invest and don’t appear to want to be doing anything to keep this man at our club. I’m speculating of course because I haven’t a clue. Our owner doesn’t appear to hold enough respect for us as fans to even address us. This is generally the behaviour of someone without good intentions because when you have bad intentions, you never tend to say anything because of backlash. Well, you can only sit quietly and mute for so long and get away with it and you cannot go back on your prevaricating transfer intentions for a third successive window. We cleared out the squad and moved many players on and sold our best assets long ago and we now have some loans back but we are threadbare. Now is when we rebuild as you repeatedly intimated so why has it not started yet? Lies. Constant lies. Carrot dangling as it is known.

I digress. If this Newcastle takeover story is true, then Newcastle could be very lucky indeed and the Geordies may finally have their dream of being rid of Mike Ashley. My current dream is being rid of Gao. Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan is the cousin of Man City’s Sheikh Mansour. Mansour hasn’t done too badly for Citeh, eh? And we are lumbered with this mute, seemingly tight fisted, disingenuous, Chinese charlatan. Great. Thanks Kat! Good work. The reality is hard to say to a family that saved us but facts are facts and she’s undone much of her father & Cortese’s good work, patiently build up over many years (and the 3 consistent seasons of relative success for a small [now relegation fodder] club) in 3 short years. We continue to not learn from our mistakes.

I wish Ralph well when he has the sense to move on to an ambitious PL club that at least provide some transfer backing accompanied by some sporting structure, transparency to staff and fans and, ultimately, honour, respect & integrity. I am confident he will enjoy success and become a highly sought-after asset in years to come. We will be back in the Championship where we belong under the level of control and management we operate.

If you get any second thoughts Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan, can you offer to buy out Gao Jisheng? Please!

#WeBrieflyMarched #Weneedanoverhaul #Backupyourbullsh*t #GaoOut

Great effort to write all that. Just can’t help wondering if anyone got beyond the first paragraph !)