Other Clubs - Summer 2019

Lighthouse

I think the likes of Pogba, Sanchez etc are sucking the club dry with excessive wages....

Even when you are as rich as Man U - not being in the Champions League puts a dent in your finances, Brother in Law is a Chelsea ST holder, when they failed to make the Champions League last season he said if they failed again this past season and lost Hazard it could be the start of a nasty spiral.

Europa League doesnt bring in enough to pay a bloke £450k a week (after tax) to sit on his backside getting splinters in his bottom.

I do remember someone saying McGuire was twice the player Stephens was, so I’d probably take £45m.

Someone also likened him to Franz Beckenbauer bringing the ball out of defence.

I think they were serious. Perhaps they were right though as Beckenbauer is now in his 70's.

PMSL at WHU. Definitely doing a Pompey. Enjoy blowing bubbles in league 2.

I’m confused....

They did the double over us last season.

They ‘blew’ 35 million on a high quality player (Anderson)

They finished 13 points and 6 places above us....

What’s not to laugh at?!

I’m confused....

They did the double over us last season.

They ‘blew’ 35 million on a high quality player (Anderson)

They finished 13 points and 6 places above us....

What’s not to laugh at?!

Comparisons to us are hardly valid, everyone looked good compared to what we achieved. After all their spending and big names, they finished 3 points above Palace.

Whilst we can hardly laugh, it’s not like they actually achieved much.

Nice move.

WEST HAM SEE £29M GOMEZ BID ACCEPTED

West Ham and Valencia have both had bids of £29m bids (plus add ons) accepted by Celta Vigo for striker Maxi Gomez.

The Hammers have been trying to buy the Uruguay international for the past two transfer windows.

West Ham almost signed the 22-year-old in January, only for Celta to refuse their offer in order to keep the forward to aid their relegation bid.

However, with the La Liga club avoiding the drop last season, they are understood to now be willing to sell Gomez.

It is now up to the player to decide where he goes.

**Waits for 'you can't judge a clubs signings!' angry mob to attack** :hunt:

Edited by SuperSAINT

West Ham £29m bid accepted for Maxi Gomez. Valencia also in for him.

Historically they have been a shambles, but eventually spending these kind of amounts will make it very hard for a club like Saints to compete with them.

Every year, this forum has orgasms at West Ham’s signings.

Yet every year, they do nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes you talk absolute drivel, sometimes, you talk absolute sense. This one is the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Points wise we picked up 30 points under Ralph. WHU picked up 31 in the same period. So we matched them despite them signing the likes of Anderson, Diop, Yarmolenko, Fabianski, Balbuena, Sanchez and Wilshere. Dont worry about the business of other teams, lets focus us what we do

West Ham £29m bid accepted for Maxi Gomez. Valencia also in for him.

Historically they have been a shambles, but eventually spending these kind of amounts will make it very hard for a club like Saints to compete with them.

But Gomez has a 45m release clause in his contract - so 29m isn't going to get accepted really

Points wise we picked up 30 points under Ralph. WHU picked up 31 in the same period. So we matched them despite them signing the likes of Anderson, Diop, Yarmolenko, Fabianski, Balbuena, Sanchez and Wilshere. Dont worry about the business of other teams, lets focus us what we do

But this is literally the thread about other clubs, woodsaint :)

But Gomez has a 45m release clause in his contract - so 29m isn't going to get accepted really

hahaha bro we go through this everytime someone goes for a spanish or portugese player.

They have to have these release clauses in their contracts legally over there - it doesn't mean that is the value (hence some crazy ones in the portugese especially) they have to sell at but it is the value which triggers the ability of the footballer to negotiate and then pay the fee to release himself from the contract, the club can sell at whatever price they want.

He's probably available to sell for above what west ham offered and they are expecting this offer and the lure of premier league wages to be enough to get it through.

I think both Begovic and Boruc are better than Hart too...not sure why Bournemouth are interested in the same way I wasn't sure why Burnley wanted him when they had Heaton and that other lad whose name escapes me.

Pope. I think they were both injured when Burnley went for Hart.

Burnley interested in Neal Maupay at Brentford.

BURNLEY WANT MAUPAY

Burnley would be interested in Brentford striker Neal Maupay but would be unlikely to pay the £20m reported asking price, Sky Sports News understands.

Sean Dyche is in the market for a striker and the 22-year-old impressed last season in the Championship, scoring 28 goals.

West Bromwich Albion Striker Jay Rodriguez is a more realistic target for Burnley and it’s highly likely they will reignite their long-term interest this summer, after being priced out of a move for their former forward last July.

Sevilla are also apparently interested in Maupay, tough choice that Burnley or Sevilla, I mean probably on every level Sevilla win, I mean weather, nicer place to live, bigger club, Europa League football, play better football etc. etc.

Burnley might be able to offer more wages I suppose.

I wonder if Burnley's style of play means potential transfer targets are put off?

Everton agree fee with Barca for Andre Gomes.

EVERTON AGREE £22M GOMES FEE

Sky Sports News understands that Everton have agreed a fee of around £22m with Barcelona for Andre Gomes.

The player is expected to complete the formalities of a permanent move in the next 24 hours following his successful loan spell at Goodison last season

Brighton close to P*rtsmouth defender deal.

CLARKE SET FOR BRIGHTON

Brighton are closing in on a deal to sign Portsmouth defender Matt Clarke, according to Sky Sources.

Pompey boss Kenny Jackett denied earlier this week that a fee had been agreed for the 22-year-old amid reports of a deal in excess of £3m.

Portsmouth value the former Ipswich defender at around £5m - a fee that would represent the club's biggest sale for more than nine years.

Brighton close to P*rtsmouth defender deal.

Unless Potter can pull a miracle or two out the bag, I have Brighton for one of the relegation spots this coming season. Along with Sheffield United and, dare I say it in case the wife sees this, Norwich. Burnley could struggle too with an ageing squad.

Of course Skatesmouth are now minted, so they will be promotional certainties. :)

Game they had to win, so rested foden and abraham, bought abraham on too late as he was a constant threat the little time he was on, maddison was awful

Like the senior team over the last couple of decades believing their own publicity and thinking they're destined for greatness.

Like the senior team over the last couple of decades believing their own publicity and thinking they're destined for greatness.

I'd say it was more down to poor team selection ! U21s could do much worse than jog on Boothroyd and get Nige in !

Aidy Boothroyd has no business even been employed in football, let alone taking charge of England's youth.

In the previous game he made the most mental substitutions I've ever seen. 1-0 up, but down to 10 men, he took off both wingers and replaced then with two centre forwards. And then played them out of position on the wing, where their lack of positional know how left their full backs exposed. Unsurprisingly, this insane approach to game management ended in inevitable defeat.

He than inexplicably hung Wan-Bissaka out to dry in public after the game, suggesting that his unfortunate late own goal was somehow because his head had been turned by transfer speculation. A stupid person might think the manager of an age group team's job is to create a supportive, nurturing environment where players feel freed up to express themselves, but not this clown. He's throwing them under the bus like he's Mourinho.

And then today, in a must win game, he drops the most coveted right back in the Premier League for Everton's third choice full back, drops Foden - their goalscorer and best player in the previous game - and continues to leave 26 goal Abraham on the bench, until 20 minutes from the end, during which time he scored once, hit the bar and forced a great save.

I've no idea how this chancer has failed upwards into such a plum job. But now uncle Les Reed is his boss, I expect he's here to stay.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I'd say it was more down to poor team selection ! U21s could do much worse than jog on Boothroyd and get Nige in !

Thing is they could have called in Sancho, Rashford even Dele Alli if they wanted a better chance of winning, Spain, France and Germany all give tournament experience to there youngsters coming through, so if Sancho had gone by the time the national squad made euros nxt year he would already have a competitive tournament behind him

Edited by danjosaint

Everton agree fee with Barca for Andre Gomes.

Everton have played the loan market well. It's something we should be tapping a bit more I think.

Get an option to buy at the end (Airtight not Alderweireld type) plenty of talent seems to be available, but equally might save us money while our recruitment continues to be very hit/miss

Leandro Trossard move to Brighton imminent.

@HLNinEngeland: Leandro Trossard is on his way to Brighton and Hove Albion. KRC Genk and Brighton have reached an agreement over a fee of around £18m. The player’s agent has already travelled to England. #bhafc (with @KjellDoms/@hlnsport)