Other Clubs - Summer 2019

Lighthouse

i really cant get the fekir one.

Seville is a club level down in my eyes v Lyon.

Is his knee/leg really that screwed that he wont be able to sustain higher tempo leagues ?

It is super weird

Also can confirm I have never ever heard of this brazilian to newcastle and if they spend 40mil now their better manager has left cos they wont spend money they are a bigger joke than i thought, I would trust steve "I screw clubs and get paid for being ****" bruce as much as ashely.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49083847

Im sure thats not where he wanted to end up after the links he has had in the last few years...

My missus is an Arsenal fan and was desperate for them to sign Fekir on the cheap instead of Zaha, looking at that fee I might try and hide the news from her.

Screw it, at under £18million we should have been taking a look - crazy to think if we hadn't bought Carillo we could have bought Fekir this summer.

Edited by Saint_clark

Yeh don't Everton need to balance for FFP, they have some absurdly high earners after their rather scattergun approach to transfers over the last couple of years.

What do you mean they don’t need to balance for FFP? Are they exempt from the rules?

Yeh don't Everton need to balance for FFP? they have some absurdly high earners after their rather scattergun approach to transfers over the last couple of years.

Probably - with the last set of league-wide figures, their wage bill increased by about £40m in 2018, but their revenue only increased by £18m. Under the short term cost controls they should only have been able to increase wages by £25m in that season (revenue + the standard £7m per season uplift).

Think Everton might struggle next season tbh.

That squad wasn't great before and now losing possibly the best player in gueye.

Could be a long hard season for them.... Saying that kinda thought they'd struggle last season and they didn't so who knows.

Villa are going for it. Will they do a wolves or fulham? Or somewhere in between maybe?

How many of the players that each brought in would you want in our squad?

I'd have taken quite a few of Wolves signings (Jota, Boly, Mouthinho, Jonny Otto, Dendoncker... possibly Toure and Patricio too) but I struggle to think of a Villa player I wish we'd signed.

Pretty similar for Fulham, maybe Seri and Schurrle at a pinch? Possibly Mitrovic as well? Think they overspent on average players and Villa's signings don't look any better than theirs on face value.

How many of the players that each brought in would you want in our squad?

I'd have taken quite a few of Wolves signings (Jota, Boly, Mouthinho, Jonny Otto, Dendoncker... possibly Toure and Patricio too) but I struggle to think of a Villa player I wish we'd signed.

Pretty similar for Fulham, maybe Seri and Schurrle at a pinch? Possibly Mitrovic as well? Think they overspent on average players and Villa's signings don't look any better than theirs on face value.

Yeh the quality of who they have bought is questionable.

Wesley, a striker who scored 10 in 28 last year in Belgium

Mings, a Bournemouth reject who did do well in the Championship last year

Our back up left back

A young centre-back from Brentford (who is a decent prospect)

A left winger from a lower mid table Turkish team

A centre-back from Reims

A Wolves reject centre-back

And Jota who has managed 8 goals in 70 odd games for Birmingham in the Championship and despite being 28 has only managed 18 games in a top league in his career.

No exactly inspiring stuff.

Signing Luiz for their 10th Summer Signing...

Great window or will it be a total dud.

I wonder wether we should throw a little more caution to the wind

No real need (or the finance) for us to do it. Villa signing lots of players but will be hard to get he blend right.

Signing Luiz for their 10th Summer Signing...

Great window or will it be a total dud.

I wonder wether we should throw a little more caution to the wind

We're trying to slim the squad down and end the log jam which blocks youngsters.

Going about it the wrong way, will struggle this season (villa that is).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Not sure they've got a lot of choice, they got promoted using a load of loan players which are now back with their parent clubs:

- Tammy Abraham (top scorer by a mile - 25 league goals, their next closest had 9) - back at Chelsea

- Axel Tuanzebe (28 appearances at CB) - back at Man U, just signed a new contract

- Anwar El Ghazi - now signed permanently

- Yannick Bolasie - (21 appearances and 2 goals) - back at Everton but apparently a target for Newcastle

- Kortney Hause - now signed permanently

- Tom Carroll - (2 appearances then injured) - back at Swansea

- Tyrone Mings - now signed permanently (though £25m is ridiculous)

- André Moreira (no appearances) - moved to Belenenses SAD in Portugal

Sheffield United have signed Man Utd goalie Dean Henderson on loan again and Ben Osborn from Nottingham Forest. Prepping for a Championship return already???

Think Dean Henderson is a good bit of business, especially as he was there last season. One less suitor for Forster/McCarthy though...

Bale going to China. What a total waste of talent. Would’ve loved to see him back in PL. greedy fcker

I think the intensity of the Premier League could have had something to do with him deciding against coming back here. He's had a bad time with injuries over the last couple of years and he probably didn't want to risk spending the majority of his time in a physio room.

Bale going to China. What a total waste of talent. Would’ve loved to see him back in PL. greedy fcker

Can’t say I blame him, would do the same.

He will earn mega money up there first of all (rumours of up to £1m a week!)

Secondly he’ll still get into the Welsh team whether he plays im China or whether he plays in the Conference. Finally, hes won everything there is in Spain, and I’m sure he knows he ain’t winning the PL anytime soon umless City wants him (which they don’t so)

Can’t say I blame him, would do the same.

He will earn mega money up there first of all (rumours of up to £1m a week!)

Secondly he’ll still get into the Welsh team whether he plays im China or whether he plays in the Conference. Finally, hes won everything there is in Spain, and I’m sure he knows he ain’t winning the PL anytime soon umless City wants him (which they don’t so)

By that logic every player in PL that doesn’t play for City would take a move to China for more money. That’s what it’s all about for you fair enough. Professional athletes often want more out of life and still have the riches

By that logic every player in PL that doesn’t play for City would take a move to China for more money. That’s what it’s all about for you fair enough. Professional athletes often want more out of life and still have the riches

I don’t think I’d begrudge any 30 year old a move to China to earn dirty money whilst their stock is still high. If he was 20-25 I’d agree with you but he’s done it all. A player who has won four Champions Leagues is hardly going to be excited about the prospect of trying to qualify for it with Man Utd or Spurs.

I don’t think I’d begrudge any 30 year old a move to China to earn dirty money whilst their stock is still high. If he was 20-25 I’d agree with you but he’s done it all. A player who has won four Champions Leagues is hardly going to be excited about the prospect of trying to qualify for it with Man Utd or Spurs.

Bayern Munich and PSG had interest too and not going to be paying a mill a week but equally hardly peanuts.

It’s the whole playing at top level thing not topping winning a CL medal as clearly that is unlikely.

If China was at any sort of decent level then fair enough but it isn’t.

Anyone know what Oscar is doing now?

I think the intensity of the Premier League could have had something to do with him deciding against coming back here. He's had a bad time with injuries over the last couple of years and he probably didn't want to risk spending the majority of his time in a physio room.
Interesting if a lot of these footballers really know how bad the climate and pollution is like

Bayern Munich and PSG had interest too and not going to be paying a mill a week but equally hardly peanuts.

It’s the whole playing at top level thing not topping winning a CL medal as clearly that is unlikely.

If China was at any sort of decent level then fair enough but it isn’t.

Anyone know what Oscar is doing now?

In talks with one of the Milan teams. Hard to believe he’s still only 27. At least Bale can play the age card.

Newcastle want Jarrod Bowen

@lee_ryder: #nufc are refusing to pay the £20million asking price for Hull's Jarrod Bowen.

Everton want Moise Kean

EVERTON IN FOR KEAN

Everton are in talks to sign Juventus striker Moise Kean, Sky Sports News understands.

The Serie A club are looking for €40m (£36m) for the 19-year-old and also want a buy-back clause in any deal.

Everton are looking to bring in a striker this summer, and Kean is attracting interest from a number of clubs as well as the Toffees.

He's done it all and the idiots are apparently offering a billion pounds over 3 years. Nobody can criticise him if he takes the money.

He's done it all and the idiots are apparently offering a billion pounds over 3 years. Nobody can criticise him if he takes the money.

Or they would be if it was a million a day, not a week!! Sunday morning head on.

Either way, nobody could blame him for taking the cash