Other Clubs - Summer 2019

Lighthouse

Helder Costa has gone to Leeds form Wolves on a 1 year loan with an obligation to buy for £15m next summer. 4 year contract thereafter.

That’s a fantastic signing for Leeds. 25 years old, full Portugal international. Wonder why no premier league teams were interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think I've really seen him play - didn't play much for them last year? Maybe not quite there yet regarding Premier league football

Don't think I've really seen him play - didn't play much for them last year? Maybe not quite there yet regarding Premier league football

Yes he did struggle to get in that Wolves team last season, but he’s always looked dangerous when I’ve seen him play. Big player in their promotion season. I wouldn’t have been disappointed had we signed him for the Djenepo role.

The miserable last few seasons working to our advantage as nobody seems to want our better players. We also seem to be making good progress at shifting those deemed surplus to requirements.

On the other hand, some of the teams around us like Newcastle, Bournemouth and Palace are struggling to hang onto their better players. A few more good signings and hopefully we can push above these clubs next season

We didn’t have a lot of players that came out of last season with much credit really, JWP and Redmond are the obvious ones (and we’d be asking ludicrous money for either), but you get the feeling, with Hasenhuttl building a team in his image, any approaches for our better players would be firmly rebuked anyway.

Im excited for the new season. On paper we could start a team, even before any other new signings:

Gunn

Valery

Bednarek

Vestergaard

Bertrand

JWP

Hojbjerg

Djenepo

Redmond

Adams

Ings

On paper that’s stronger than most of the bottom 14 IMO. (Although at the same time highlights why Centre back and Central Midfield should be the next areas of attention.)

We didn’t have a lot of players that came out of last season with much credit really, JWP and Redmond are the obvious ones (and we’d be asking ludicrous money for either), but you get the feeling, with Hasenhuttl building a team in his image, any approaches for our better players would be firmly rebuked anyway.

Im excited for the new season. On paper we could start a team, even before any other new signings:

Gunn

Valery

Bednarek

Vestergaard

Bertrand

JWP

Hojbjerg

Djenepo

Redmond

Adams

Ings

On paper that’s stronger than most of the bottom 14 IMO. (Although at the same time highlights why Centre back and Central Midfield should be the next areas of attention.)

That team would get destroyed. JWP and Hoj would leave those CB's totally exposed.

Gunn

Valery

Bednarek

Vestergaard

Bertrand

JWP

Hojbjerg

Djenepo

Redmond

Adams

Ings

Absolutely insane team. Two centre backs who can't run, "protected" by headless chicken Hojbjerg and wee Jimmy Prowsey who hasn't made a tackle since youth football.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Gunn

Valery

Bednarek

Vestergaard

Bertrand

JWP

Hojbjerg

Djenepo

Redmond

Adams

Ings

I think that's a rubbish team. Rubbish CB pairing which will leak goals and no protection from an average midfield. Adams could do well but no guarantees yet and admittedly we have improved our attacking options but I would expect any team like that to lose most weeks and end up probably about 14th.

Jagielka to sign for Sheff Utd

JAGIELKA SET FOR BLADES RETURN

Phil Jagielka looks set for an emotional return to his boyhood club Sheffield United after 12 years away.

The 36-year-old centre-back, who was released by Everton this summer, is set to join the newly-promoted Premier League side, Sky Sports News understands.

Jagielka left Bramall Lane when the Blades were last relegated from the top flight in 2007, spending all of those 12 years at Goodison Park, where he established himself as an England international.

Sky Sports News reported earlier this week that he was training with Burnley to work on his fitness levels.

Manager Chris Wilder has been hoping to get some new faces in before United’s pre-season training camp in Portugal next week – and they signed Luke Freeman from QPR on Wednesday. Former Manchester United and West Ham player Ravel Morrison has also been training with the team and it appears Jagielka could also be on the plane to the Iberian peninsula.

Absolutely insane team. Two centre backs who can't run, "protected" by headless chicken Hojbjerg and wee Jimmy Prowsey who hasn't made a tackle since youth football.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

More like absolutely insane comment. You obviously just like to run down players without any actual evidence.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Arnautovic gone, £22.5m He’s worth so much more than that, but has left them no choice. Do West Ham have any strikers left?

He’s exactly what’s wrong with modern football...

Blades want Maupay.

Sheffield United looking at Maupay

Promoted Sheffield United are trying to pull off an audacious record swoop for prolific Brentford striker Neal Maupay.

French forward Maupay,22, smashed 28 goals for the Championship Bees last season.

Now United boss Chris Wilder is trying to add him to the Blades’ squad to take on the Premier League.

Wilder has already broken the Bramall Lane club’s transfer record once this week bringing in Luke Freeman from QPR.

The undisclosed deal eclipsed the £4m United paid for John Egan last summer from Brentford.

But any move for Maupay will smash that figure.

Brentford are believed to be demanding well over £15m for the forward signed from St Etienne for £1.7m in July 2017, which has cooled rival interest from Aston Villa.

Arnautovic gone, £22.5m He’s worth so much more than that, but has left them no choice. Do West Ham have any strikers left?

He’s exactly what’s wrong with modern football...

yes he is. Can’t understand why the hell West Ham gave him that new contract 5 months ago. If everyone is so desperate to get him out he hasn’t turned into an asshole in that short a period.

Looked world class against us in April.

According to a few Leicester "ITKs" fee supposedly closer to £20m + add on.

So about similar to what we've paid for Ings

Or about two thirds of what Everton paid for Tosun.

Ayew to Palace.

@StuartJamesGNM: Jordan Ayew is set to join Crystal Palace from Swansea for about £2.5m (includes some add-ons) as soon as the Africa Cup of Nations is over. The deal isn’t signed off but it’s pretty much done. Ayew has a year left on his contract & Swansea need him (& others) off the wage bill.

people panning Arnoutovic.

Which is weird. How dare he want to leave West Ham

To be fair, he's been a bit of a **** about it. Not the first time he's seen the cash on the horizon, got fidgety and handed in a transfer request. This time WHU didn't blink and offer him a new contract as they've done before, so he's gone. Look at what he did to Stoke before he left there too. He's a divisive piece of work.

He'll drift way off into obscurity now, but he's got his money which is seemingly his sole goal!

people panning Arnoutovic.

Which is weird. How dare he want to leave West Ham

He deserved panning, signing a new contract in January with a release clause till the end of June that no one activated. Then his agent starts acting like he's being treated abominably.

West Ham have done well to be shot of him.