Other Clubs - Summer 2019

Lighthouse

Patrick Roberts to join Norwich on loan...

Patrick Roberts to Norwich on loan is now a done deal. Solid start to their transfer business for them with that one.

@NorwichCityFC: A very, very warm welcome to Patrick Roberts who is set to join us from July 1 on loan from @ManCity!

#WelcomeRoberts #ncfc

GEhHiL_r?format=png&name=orig

D*ldo's ramping up. Massive shame that Jack Sullivan has grown up. I miss his moronic tweets.

WEST HAM INCREASE GOMES BID

West Ham have increased their bid for Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes to £20m, Sky Sports News understands.

The Hammers had an £18m bid for the Portugal international turned down by the Catalan club last week. Barcelona are keen to offload Gomes, but are demanding a fee between £25m and £35m for the 25-year-old.

Gomes impressed last season on loan at Everton, where he made 29 appearances.

Sky Sports News understands West Ham have made Gomes a top summer target, but Everton remain favourites to sign him. Gomes joined Barcelona from Valencia in July 2016 and has two years remaining on his contract at the Nou Camp.

He made 78 appearances during two seasons with the Catalan club, helping them win the La Liga title in 2018 and back-to-back Copa del Rey crowns.

Going to be a big race for Sessegnon

SESSEGNON WON'T SIGN NEW DEAL

Ryan Sessegnon has told Fulham he will not be signing a new contract offered to him by the club, Sky Sports News understands.

The 19-year-old looks certain to leave Craven Cottage following the side’s relegation from the Premier League.

Sky Sports News reported last month Manchester United had made contact with Fulham about a potential deal while Tottenham are also understood to be interested in the teenager. We understand his preferred destination is Spurs though there hasn’t been contact between the clubs .[/Quote]

Spurs would be a better move for him for sure. But you've got to wonder what exactly clubs will be getting? He was utterly dreadful last year, didn't live up to any hype. Granted, in a poor Fulham side. But I still expected to see some more from him.

Odd signing.

'Tis. Daniel James/Ben Godfrey/James Maddison...those are the sort of players a middle of the Premier League table team should be signing (and we were linked with James not so long ago), not one of the richest clubs in the world with aspirations to get back to World Dominance. Investing in youth is one thing, but United are the sort of club that should be buying players at the peak of their game - similar to Liverpool with VVD and Mane from us. I still doubt whether Solksjaer is the man to bring success to that club but we shall see.

'Tis. Daniel James/Ben Godfrey/James Maddison...those are the sort of players a middle of the Premier League table team should be signing (and we were linked with James not so long ago), not one of the richest clubs in the world with aspirations to get back to World Dominance. Investing in youth is one thing, but United are the sort of club that should be buying players at the peak of their game - similar to Liverpool with VVD and Mane from us. I still doubt whether Solksjaer is the man to bring success to that club but we shall see.

I think the likes of Pogba, Sanchez etc are sucking the club dry with excessive wages....

It's down to Giggs imo .

Villa close to spending big on new striker from Belgium.

@HLNinEngeland: 7 years ago Aston Villa signed a strong, tall, promising 21-year old striker from the Jupiler Pro League. Now they have signed a strong, tall, promising 22-year old striker from the same league: Brazilian Wesley Moraes from Club Brugge for £22m.@hlnsport @niels_27 #avfc

Not just the summer with some [emoji6]

Villa certainly not wasting any time.

They've just announced Wesley Moraes for £22m.

Following on from El Ghazi / Hause / Jota signings.

Working on Mings & Kalvin Phillips signings next.

Intrigued to see how they get on next season.

It's SaintsWeb in the summer mate. People will jump on you for having an opinion, not having an opinion, or anything in-between :)

Wasn't jumping on anyone buddy, just pointing out that high spending is common place now and not an indicator of anything really.

That’s a few bobs worth and all through the door early.

Remember people were creaming themselves over Fulhams transfer business last summer. Bringing in lots of new players can have a negative effect. Takes time to gel and the players who got them promoted are usually sidelined which can divide the dressing room

Remember people were creaming themselves over Fulhams transfer business last summer. Bringing in lots of new players can have a negative effect. Takes time to gel and the players who got them promoted are usually sidelined which can divide the dressing room

Was just thinking this, will be a lot of resentment from the players dropped out of the side.

I seem to remember Norwich ‘winning’ the transfer market a few seasons ago before they got relegated too... Stoke too, at some point

Everton as well.

But with football you just don’t know.

I figure there’s not much point in having an “Other clubs” transfer thread if we can’t discuss them.

Should remember that this is a Villa squad that until an almost miraculous run of form was looking more like it was going to get in a relegation battle than the play offs.

So it probably does need a lot of work.

Wonder if Villa watched any of Fulham last season? Get promoted, spend a crap load of money on too many players, they take a while to gel together, poor results, manager sacked... new manager doesn't fancy the expensive players bought in the summer, relegation.

One can only hope :D

El Ghazi, Hause and Mings were all on loan at Villa last season so it shouldn't really be a problem gelling. Also Jota seems like an underwhelming bench signing, so i'm not too envious of their business so far. Saying that, the money they spent on Moraes suggests they will give it a good go, so if they add Phillips from Leeds, Butland from Stoke (been linked) and maybe get Cahill on a free they should be looking fairly competitive.

I do remember someone saying McGuire was twice the player Stephens was, so I’d probably take £45m.

If we'd have have signed him when we should have and also managed to tie the deal up for Maddision last summer when we were in for him we'd have a great chance of winning the netspend trophy again this summer. As it is Chelsea are off to a flyer and I fear we wont catch up.

If we'd have have signed him when we should have and also managed to tie the deal up for Maddision last summer when we were in for him we'd have a great chance of winning the netspend trophy again this summer. As it is Chelsea are off to a flyer and I fear we wont catch up.

We better hope Djenepo has a phenomenal AFCON...

Will be interesting to see how they do next season. Pellegrini looks like he could be building a decent side there.

Nice throwback to their late 70's shirt too. I can recall Trevor Brooking running around in something similar.