Other Clubs - Summer 2019

Lighthouse

Read that Maguire is £60m plus £20m add ons.

Football every year gets more and more silly with the amounts being paid for players. And there is a ridiculous domino's effect - just have to wait to see who Brighton over spend on.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11763912/everton-sign-fabian-delph-from-manchester-city

Everton really going for it with one for the future..... :lol:

Was only at city because he is English..

Not a bad signing for 8m. He's no world beater but good experience and a decent squad player for what in this market is basically nothing. He's only 29 so should have another good few years in him.

Haller on his way for West Ham medical. £45m.

Worth 45m when they only paid 5m last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post 339 on previous page from Van Hallegen :

I saw Haller playing for FC Utrecht for a couple of years, decent player but no PL material. Though being a good finisher, he’s too slow.

Lookman close to Leipzig move.

LEIPZIG CLOSE ON LOOKMAN

Sky Sources: Everton have agreed a deal in principle with RB Leipzig for the transfer of Ademola Lookman.

The fee is worth up to £22.5m, and the deal likely to go through in the next 24 hours.

Lookman close to Leipzig move.
Shame we didn't manage to sign him but 22.5m seems like insane money for a player who couldn't start ahead of Theo Walcott. Still, seems talented so gotta wish him the best. May mean Augustin going the other way which is a shame as I am still really hoping we put something together for him at the last minute and have Ings, Adams, augustin, and obafemi as our forwards.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Shame we didn't manage to sign him but 22.5m seems like insane money for a player who couldn't start ahead of Theo Walcott. Still, seems talented so gotta wish him the best. May mean Augustin going the other way which is a shame as I am still really hoping we put something together for him at the last minute and have Ings, Adams, augustin, and obafemi as our forwards.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Like all of the signings RB Leipzig have made since Mitchell arrived, Lookman is under 22 and will be worth a lot more in the future. It will be interesting to see how he and Mitchell's other Leipzig signings, Hannes Wolf, Luan Candido, Amadou Haidara, Nordi Mukiele, Matheus Cunha etc, develop in the future. I guess some of them would have been Saints players if Mitchell had been here.

Could have kept Benitez, chose Steve Bruce. Their fans are livid and rightly so, what the hell is Ashley thinking.

Not really been keeping tabs on the ins and outs at other clubs this window, seems Palace fans are kicking off at their owners over the lack of activity, losing to Barnet like that hasn’t helped matters pre-season friendly or not. Outside bet for the drop this year maybe?

Could have kept Benitez, chose Steve Bruce. Their fans are livid and rightly so, what the hell is Ashley thinking.

Not really been keeping tabs on the ins and outs at other clubs this window, seems Palace fans are kicking off at their owners over the lack of activity, losing to Barnet like that hasn’t helped matters pre-season friendly or not. Outside bet for the drop this year maybe?

It depends whether they can keep their better players, same as everybody. As long as the window is open, there’s always the threat of losing your better players, in Palace’s case I guess that’s Zaha, Townsend, Sakho. (Zaha alone would be a massive blow for them.) Fortunately for us, nobody seems to be interested in our better players - even JWP whom I thought would have his admirers this summer. As for Newcastle, no Perez, no Rondon and now Bruce. Long season for them.

Even before Brighton decided to sell Dunk I thought they’d be relegation fodder, and now I think they definitely will be. Norwich too, and most likely Sheffield United, so the likes of Palace, Newcastle, Burnley and heck even us on a bad day, would have to go some to end up in the relegation zone. I’d add Villa too but they’re an unknown, and Bournemouth have so far done well to hang on to their players but, as I said in the first paragraph, that can change. You’d think Fraser and Ake at least would be heavily poached as the transfer window nears an end.

It depends whether they can keep their better players, same as everybody. As long as the window is open, there’s always the threat of losing your better players, in Palace’s case I guess that’s Zaha, Townsend, Sakho. (Zaha alone would be a massive blow for them.) Fortunately for us, nobody seems to be interested in our better players - even JWP whom I thought would have his admirers this summer. As for Newcastle, no Perez, no Rondon and now Bruce. Long season for them.

Even before Brighton decided to sell Dunk I thought they’d be relegation fodder, and now I think they definitely will be. Norwich too, and most likely Sheffield United, so the likes of Palace, Newcastle, Burnley and heck even us on a bad day, would have to go some to end up in the relegation zone. I’d add Villa too but they’re an unknown, and Bournemouth have so far done well to hang on to their players but, as I said in the first paragraph, that can change. You’d think Fraser and Ake at least would be heavily poached as the transfer window nears an end.

Could be an interesting season, with some real dross in the league.... add in unproven OGS and Lampard as managers for supposedly top 6 clubs, god knows how things will pan out.

Could be an interesting season, with some real dross in the league.... add in unproven OGS and Lampard as managers for supposedly top 6 clubs, god knows how things will pan out.

yes- these are the sort of seasons where Les talked about having the opportunity to break into the top 6 if a couple of them do bad, as it may well turn out to be for Arsenal (defensive issues?), Chelsea with Lampard and OGS for United.

Of course, it is highly unlikely with the turmoil and squad Les has left us with to do that, but I guess Leicester and Wolves will potentially be licking their lips to see if they can break that stronghold as a one-off, but even then Wolves have a Europa League campaign to manage too.

Don't think that bit is true, judging by what was said at the event that some fans were invited to last night. Think it was Ralph but may have been one of the board members that said we'd had interest in Redmond and Hojbjerg.

Genuine question: Where has Bruce actually failed? As far as I can see, he seems to have done a relativley steady job everywhere (bar Sunderland but you can't judge anyone on that).

I don't think he's a terrible manager, but then to be fair Hughes had done a steady job most places he has been.

But steady job is probably not enough, Rafa got that Newcastle team punching above their weight, being greater than the sum of their parts, that is not a good squad and he comfortably steered them clear of relegation for two seasons.

So expectations of 'steady job' Bruce doing that are probably low, especially when you factor in that they have signed no one so far and they have lost their two top goalscorers in this window.

You'd certainly think unless 4-5 quality players come in they are in trouble.

Personally I'd reckon relegation is between Newcastle (due to the above), Brighton (terrible ends to a season tend to lead to poor following seasons) Sheff Utd (think they will be this years Cardiff, solid, hard to beat but ultimately not good enough), Villa (they have signed a lot but I am not sure on the quality and you have to wonder if the team spirit is going to be there).

Outside chances I reckon are Bournemouth because they seem to have a bad run in them and only really weren't involved in relegation last year because of their fast start, they trailed away terribly and seem to ship goals easily.

And the other one being Crystal Palace, especially if they lose Zaha.

Norwich I reckon will surprise a few people and stay up comfortably.

And I think we will be fine, hopefully a solid top half, outside push at 7th/8th if we can get these 3 more signings in.

Newcastle fans should be hapoy

They have a local lad in charge, which is what they have always wanted.

Better than someone from the cockney mafia or a foreigner (ie, someone not from the North East)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Genuine question: Where has Bruce actually failed? As far as I can see, he seems to have done a relativley steady job everywhere (bar Sunderland but you can't judge anyone on that).

His first two seasons at Sunderland were 13th and 10th I believe.

Depends on who he can bring in transfer wise. They desperately need a striker for one and there is only 3.5 weeks left.

Better than someone from the cockney mafia or a foreigner (ie, someone not from the North East)

And they're just about to spend £36m on a striker according to this....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-closing-36million-hoffenheim-striker-18330326.amp?__twitter_impression=true

As long as he respects the Number 9 jersey. Geordies love a Number 9

Sheff Utd sign Ravel Morrison. Now there's one who never really lived up to the earlier hype.

What a wasted talent SAF gave him so much slack because the talent the lad had, but the silly bugger would still hook up with his scummy mates getting into bother with him. When he went to West Ham you thought that’ll be fun swapping Mosside for Stratford. Very weird risky acquisition: him and Nile Ranger, equipped with the gift to earn themselves millions playing football but stupid enough to prefer being all gangster without a pot to piddle in and the prospect of porridge.

Sorry if this is on another page

This seems a bit of a funny one Trippier to Athletico Madrid

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49022843

Then reading the article Rose left at home too, to explore other options for next season, he is one player I wouldn’t miss in the Premier League his regular impressions of feigning being taken out by a sniper in the floodlights that the officials flippin buy week in week out without recourse the sooner he sods off abroad the better.

That said in the Spurs game at SMS he collapsed like he had been kneecapped in both knees right in front of the lino with Valery 2 feet away going WTF as the linesman’s arm nearly fell off flagging for murder, got Romeu booked after an Oscar winning fall on the floor..........still revenge was served piping hot when the dopey bugger stepped over the ball in defence thinking it was going out unaware that Valery had snuck up behind him to scuff the ball home for 1-1!!

Odious little toad........still surprised at Trippier.