Other Clubs - Summer 2019

Lighthouse

That's a few attacking players/forwards that have been signed up by Premier League clubs from the Championship - Adams, Maupay, JRod, McBurnie, Ayew, Robinson, Jota, Freeman...it'll be interesting to see who does the best out of them all. I still think we got good value for Adams considering the transfer fees for Maupay and McBurnie.

Bournemouth confident of Harry Wilson signing.

@solentsport: We understand #afcb are interested in signing Harry Wilson on loan from Liverpool

There's a few clubs chasing him but the Cherries are hopeful of securing his signature #LFC

Should be a very good signing. (Then again, I thought that about them signing Ibe).

Spurs rumoured to be loaning Coutinho AND bidding for Dybala?

Looks like they may be losing Eriksen for £80m ish to Utd - so Coutinho will be a loan replacement, and then they have some cash to go and get a proper front man to play with Kane.

There is some crazy deals rumoured to be happening in the next few days and the top 8 could be even stronger.

We would need more than a fantastic manager to reach it IMHO.

Fortunately literally no-one is expecting us to finish top 8

Looks like they may be losing Eriksen for £80m ish to Utd - so Coutinho will be a loan replacement, and then they have some cash to go and get a proper front man to play with Kane.

Dybala is more a number 10 than an out and out striker. I presume he is more going to play off Kane, probably along with Ali or Son

The fee is much lower than you'd expect for a player like him though, £69 million seems pretty cheap in the current market.

Dybala is more a number 10 than an out and out striker. I presume he is more going to play off Kane, probably along with Ali or Son

The fee is much lower than you'd expect for a player like him though, £69 million seems pretty cheap in the current market.

Coutinho could play off the left & Dybala off Kane. We know Poch's attacking shape is really fluid anyway.

Another old SaintsWeb favourite coming to the Prem at last...

NEGOTIATIONS OVER PRAET

Leicester City and Sampdoria are still some way apart in their valuation of midfielder Dennis Praet, with the Italian club wanting around £24m for the Belgian international, Sky Sports News understands.

Leicester have had a long-standing interest in Praet, but have always shied away from Sampdoria’s asking price. Sky Italia say negotiations are ongoing between the two clubs.

It’s understood Praet is keen to leave Sampdoria, and would love to play in the Premier League, but his representatives are also exploring options with AC Milan and Valencia.

Praet played with Leicester’s new signing Youri Tielemans in their time together at Anderlecht.

Used too but we lack a good chairman/owner.

Your definition of good seems to be someone willing to chuck huge sums of their own money at the squad. We’re all basically just whores to global investment conglomerates, some just have richer sugar daddies than others.

Well they have apparently given up on Doucure for like £39 million so he might be their back up plan.

Think they're trying to buy a bloke from Marseille now, not that he's better than anyone they already have though. They're still a centre back short, don't know if they're even bothering to address that, perhaps they're counting on one of their many DMs being a top whack centre half as well.

Seems like a few agents are trying to drum up some interest and prices. ‘Everton are said to be interested’ is basically the default setting for an English transfer.

Except for any Saints players, past or present, where the default setting is "Liverpool actually are interested".

Except for any Saints players, past or present, where the default setting is "Liverpool actually are interested".

That has been the case 2014 - December 2017 perhaps but the default setting now is "can't even give them away because they earn too much ...".

Media are reporting that Brighton have made a £28m bid for Genk midfielder Sander Berge. That would take their spending to roughly £90odd million.

Another club we cannot compete with financially..:rolleyes:

We can, we’re just spending our money very badly elsewhere. It’s like spending £200k on a rusty Vauxhall, then complaining that all your friends can afford Ferrari’s and you can’t.

We can, we’re just spending our money very badly elsewhere. It’s like spending £200k on a rusty Vauxhall, then complaining that all your friends can afford Ferrari’s and you can’t.

a men. I read a post asking where Bournemouths money comes from. It comes from not wasting it on Carillo and £100k-a-week-Austin etc.

Spot on. I can't think of another club at our level who have been so wasteful.

a men. I read a post asking where Bournemouths money comes from. It comes from not wasting it on Carillo and £100k-a-week-Austin etc.

Yep.

Elyounoussi

Forster

Hoedt

Lemina

Austin

Carrillo

That's 80m in transfers and c3-400k a week in wages!!!

I do agree with that, we're in a bad place and how we've wasted the VVD fortune in particular is just beyond depressing. It doesn't help that we have an owner not willing to invest or show any interest though.

It makes me sick that people like Ross Wilson are still around. He's half of the reason we are where we are with this squad, what on earth did he do to earn a promotion. You try and have more confidence in the ‘new structure’, but then realise they’re the ones who promoted Ross.