The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

The NTAs are a public vote, aren't they? Basically just comes down to lowest common denominator stuff, so long as we don't run out of dinner ladies called Carol, Ant and Dec and MBB will continue to win awards.

Having said that, I'm glad to see Chernobyl getting recognition, both here and at the Golden Globes. Possibly the best TV drama I've ever seen and all the more gripping because it's 99% true.

Let's not deny democracy - our fellow citizens love Mrs Brown's Boys, they think it's hilarious, subtle, and awash with beautifully-crafted characters delivering complex scripts that work on several levels.

And that tells you everything you need to know about the general public.

Pompous self-righteous people who believe their taste in comedy, music, etc, is superior to anyone who has different "less sophisticated" tastes to them... ;)

I don’t think that my taste is superior. I just don’t find the programme in the least bit funny. It is rehash of something from the 70’s and not a particularly good one. It’s not a question of being less sophistated. It is just so damned awful.

I don’t think that my taste is superior. I just don’t find the programme in the least bit funny. It is rehash of something from the 70’s and not a particularly good one. It’s not a question of being less sophistated. It is just so damned awful.

The thing is, a lot of people when expressing their opinion on comedy, music, etc, don't stop at articulating what they like and don't like, they then go on to sneer and look down the nose at others who happen to like what they don't like. (Not accusing you of such shallow judgemental behaviour though, sir :) )

Edited by trousers

The thing is, a lot of people when expressing their opinion on comedy, music, etc, don't stop at articulating what they like and don't like, they then go on to sneer and look down the nose at others who happen to like what they don't like. (Not accusing you of such shallow judgemental behaviour though, sir :) )

I know what you mean Trousers and normally I wouldn’t bother with it. However it keeps winning awards and I can’t get my head around it’s popularity. Not only that, it is on the B.B.C. so I am paying for it!

I know what you mean Trousers and normally I wouldn’t bother with it. However it keeps winning awards and I can’t get my head around it’s popularity. Not only that, it is on the B.B.C. so I am paying for it!
I'm sure there's a BBC programme that you like that I don't, so how about you use your 43 pence per day to pay for that and I'll pay for Mrs Brown's Boys with my 43 pence? I'd much prefer my licence fee to go towards programmes that annoy certain people, as their disdain at things as trivial a television programme keeps me amused... ;) #firstworldproblems

I'm sure there's a BBC programme that you like that I don't, so how about you use your 43 pence per day to pay for that and I'll pay for Mrs Brown's Boys with my 43 pence? I'd much prefer my licence fee to go towards programmes that annoy certain people, as their disdain at things as trivial a television programme keeps me amused... ;) #firstworldproblems

Fair enough. Deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Plasters are now apparently being provided in different skin tone colours. Now as much as I take some effort in co-ordinating my wardrobe, I really don’t give a stuff about the colour something is that I stick on my skin to stop blood seeping out. I suppose I should be happy, at least I will be able to get something to match my skin tone when I get a sun tan.

Anyone who uses the words "end of" as if it adds extra weight to their argument marks themselves as a bit of a cock, as does anyone who ever uses the word "methinks".

You could have added people who add “fact” at the end of a sentence in order to shut down any argument.

Anyone who uses the words "end of" as if it adds extra weight to their argument marks themselves as a bit of a cock, as does anyone who ever uses the word "methinks".

You could have added people who add “fact” at the end of a sentence in order to shut down any argument.

I'll add to that people who ask a question and then say "yes?" or "no?" at the end. It's a moronic way of trying to put an uncomplicated answer to a situation that is always going to be a little more complicated than yes or no.

People at baggage reclaim carousels who stand right up against the belt thus preventing anyone else from seeing or getting at their own cases.

Yes, very true. The yellow line is there for a reason. I tend to go to the furthest point where no-one else is, on the grounds the bag must be mine if no-one has claimed it. Trouble is my case is somewhat generic and a dozen hands have picked it up and put it back by then.