The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

If I recall a CPD seminar from about 10 years ago correctly, there is no legislated minimum, but a BS code of practice recommends 4% for car parks with more than 50 spaces. I could be wrong, things may have changed, and it was rather a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Have you got the pink mums and kids spaces in the UK yet ?

And Wales. Clearly the English deaf people have to fend for themselves.

They could at least make the signers fit.

They always seem to be women.

Wales and Scotland clearly very insecure and thrive in making any little distinction from what England do.

They don't communicate using subtitles in their everyday life, they use sign language. So why the issue with it being used for important news?

Cost. It costs money to employ someone to stand there and sign, whereas the computer that tranlates text to speech for the subtitles doesn't need to be paid...

A small amount of people using the clipped version of covid; cov-id instead of the co-vid that the rest of the country uses.

Officially it’s called COVID-19

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/naming-the-coronavirus-disease-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it#:~:text=ICTV%20announced%20“severe%20acute,on%2011%20February%202020.

Politicians telling people their questions are excellent. And mentioning their names

I think it's a US thing. Every presentation now seems to include a Q&A with questions pre-set and handed to the audience, then when they ask the question given to them, the speaker can say "hey, that's a great question, Dave".

It doesn't encourage me to ask real questions, not at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone not understanding how roundabouts work, and then abusing you when you’re right.

Anyone joining a motorway etc and not adjusting their speed to join.....just maintaining speed and expecting people to change lanes for them.

Anyone who doesn’t thank or acknowledge it when you stop to let their car through when it’s not their right of way.

So, basically car stuff.....apart from people urinating hard against a urinal and causing spray to go everywhere, especially my hands.

2 hours ago, LeBizzier69 said:

Anyone not understanding how roundabouts work, and then abusing you when you’re right.

Anyone joining a motorway etc and not adjusting their speed to join.....just maintaining speed and expecting people to change lanes for them.

Anyone who doesn’t thank or acknowledge it when you stop to let their car through when it’s not their right of way.

So, basically car stuff.....apart from people urinating hard against a urinal and causing spray to go everywhere, especially my hands.

When it's your right of way and someone gets all arsey because you don't immediately thank them for something they are legally required to do that's also annoying. 

People decking their garden out like a festival and sitting it watching old Glastonbury highlights on TV.

I've seen photos of people who have made special lanyards, or built mini pyramid stages and put their TV inside them.

There would definitely be cross over between these people and those who wear half and half scarves in a Venn diagram.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Cat said:

People decking their garden out like a festival and sitting it watching old Glastonbury highlights on TV.

I've seen photos of people who have made special lanyards, or built mini pyramid stages and put their TV inside them.

There would definitely be cross over between these people and those who wear half and half scarves in a Venn diagram.

A distant relative of mine has been putting up "festival" food he's been making with his wife in the garden with a camping gas cooker all weekend. Loser. 

12 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

A distant relative of mine has been putting up "festival" food he's been making with his wife in the garden with a camping gas cooker all weekend. Loser. 

People are weird. I love festivals and go to a few every year. I'm gutted they are all cancelled but there's no need for this sort of carry on.

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

People are weird. I love festivals and go to a few every year. I'm gutted they are all cancelled but there's no need for this sort of carry on.

You might find the substitute better than the real thing. Give it a go!

20 minutes ago, whelk said:

Each to their own but I don't see why anyone needs to see your homemade falafel all over social media that took you three times as long on the gas cooker in the back garden. 

37 minutes ago, whelk said:

Maybe I could recreate other music experiences too. Going to the Joiners could be done by spreading a load of golden syrup on the carpet to make it all sticky, pissing all over the floor in my bathroom and getting a few people to hang around smoking outside the front door. 

If it was the guildhall I'd need to spend half the gig waiting by the fridge to get a crap beer and pull the wire out of one speaker to recreate the terrible sound. 

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

That Fairy advert with ‘baby Theo’. That woman just seems so smug about the fact that she doesn’t feed her baby non-bio detergent.

Is that the click clack one? According to my wife she's some reality TV "personality." I've never heard of her.