The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

An advert for cheese now banned as it portrays a dad who isn’t great at parenting as he pays more attention to the cheese than his kid.

Action taken after receiving a whopping one complaint.

But you should be offended by such gender stereotyping.

I think Tamesaint needs to add "Cabbage_Face" to this list. Kids rattled, like his brain. Don't know how he smashed out so many PM's with that head wand.

:lol:

If Tamesaint is head wand, what are you? Mouth stick? Hardly alien vs. predator, is it.

#forumbeef

He isn't a head wand, he uses one. Keep up, pal.

I have no beef, it's him who has moved to "filling me in" on DM's, is that a gay term? like cottaging but rougher?

I have no idea what you are on about.

# head gone.

Edited by Tamesaint

The grammatically incorrect and seemingly increasingly common insertion of the word “what” into sentences that have worked perfectly well for centuries without it. “Like what we have” “Like what they did”. NO! “Like we have” “Like they did” FFS.

The grammatically incorrect and seemingly increasingly common insertion of the word “what” into sentences that have worked perfectly well for centuries without it. “Like what we have” “Like what they did”. NO! “Like we have” “Like they did” FFS.

“Like that which we have”? ;)

TV football directors who show irrelevant replays whilst the game is going on and then miss a goal or something important.

Buying something at a petrol station, (packet of crisps, chocolate bar whatever) when you haven't bought any petrol, making it clear you haven't bought any petrol by pointedly saying "just this, thanks" and being asked "any fuel?".

Sometimes I just say yes and pay for someone else's fuel because I don't want to make things awkward.

Sometimes I just say yes and pay for someone else's fuel because I don't want to make things awkward.

Haha avoidance of awkwardness does have it's price but I wouldn't go as far as paying for someone else's fuel. If someone short changes me by 10p and I only realise as I'm walking out I wouldn't bother going back to complain as by that point the 10p has become a fee worth paying to avoid the awkwardness. Not sure where the threshold lies in that situation. Maybe £1.00 but I'd probably detect that amount at source.

Queueing up to pay for my petrol at said station, only to find half of those in front of me came in to buy a chocolate bar, packet of crisps, a lottery ticket, a packet of fags, or some other item that they SHOULD have purchased from a supermarket. Hurry up, I need to get to work/get home.

:)

There is a solution to this. Only use the 24h/24h card debit pump that only provides fuel, that way you don't get involved in other peoples choccy, crisp or peanut follies.

My GF complaining about the car being hot after she has shut off the aircon vents because of cold air in her face.

I hear you. My wife says she doesn't like artificial air so turns off the air conditioning and opens the window. If I ever get a divorce that's what I'm citing as the reason.

My GF complaining about the car being hot after she has shut off the aircon vents because of cold air in her face.

I hear you. My wife says she doesn't like artificial air so turns off the air conditioning and opens the window. If I ever get a divorce that's what I'm citing as the reason.

Haha, what is it with women? My wife does the same. She sees me put on the AC and still opens the window!

Right now spiders the ****ers are making webs everywhere. Last thing I need when taking some rubbish around to the bin, first thing in the morning, is a face full of ****ing spider web and attendant plump little garden spider. I have a whole garden for you to build webs in way do you have to build them across my garden path and down the side passage of the house....

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Having to pay money in to the bank during banking hours (ie lunch time) - (1) the commuting time, then (2) standing in a line waiting for Doris to pay in £19.48 in 2p coins, then (3) standing idly while the cashier counts and verifies my slip for the money I counted out just hours earlier. Some cashiers even ask "and how much is there?" as if suggesting if I know the answer then they won't bother to count. You have to count it anyway, so why waste time quizzing me?

My bank has now gummed shut the letter flap outside the branch stopping me from dropping my envelope with deposit slip and cash all bagged up into it on my way home from work. Yes, Barclays Winchester, shame on you!

• 2 weeks later...

9/11 conspiracy theorists.

That was, by a long way, the most appalling thing I’ve ever witnessed and can’t imagine how much worse it must have been for the families of the victims. The last thing you’d want is not to be able to remember and respect them without it being hijacked (pardon the pun) by idiots who think they’re Jason f**king Bourne, with classified inside information on some top secret black opp.

9/11 conspiracy theorists.

That was, by a long way, the most appalling thing I’ve ever witnessed and can’t imagine how much worse it must have been for the families of the victims. The last thing you’d want is not to be able to remember and respect them without it being hijacked (pardon the pun) by idiots who think they’re Jason f**king Bourne, with classified inside information on some top secret black opp.

The only thing worse than them would be some **** who’s first reaction is to say “I’ve got the tallest building now”.

Neighbours from hell. Most of the people here are lovely, friendly and very helpful. Unfortunately a couple have moved in next to us and they have been a nightmare. He is very pompous, looks down his nose at everyone else, thinks he knows better than everyone else about everything and sits back and snipes at people. He comes across as a cross between CB Fry and Shurlock. His wife tries to emulate his behaviour but doesn’t quite have the brain cells. She is like a cross between hypochondriac and Batman. Apparently he fractured his previous neighbours skull with a baseball bat so we keep out of their way as much as possible but that isn’t easy in a small village.

Neighbours from hell. Most of the people here are lovely, friendly and very helpful. Unfortunately a couple have moved in next to us and they have been a nightmare. He is very pompous, looks down his nose at everyone else, thinks he knows better than everyone else about everything and sits back and snipes at people. He comes across as a cross between CB Fry and Shurlock. His wife tries to emulate his behaviour but doesn’t quite have the brain cells. She is like a cross between hypochondriac and Batman. Apparently he fractured his previous neighbours skull with a baseball bat so we keep out of their way as much as possible but that isn’t easy in a small village.

Why don't you just ask them round for a drink? Give them a chance.

People who drive down the unused or wrong lane in traffic and then force their way in at the end. If I was religious I could at least have the comfort of knowing there’s a special place in Hell for these people.

You know that the people who drive like the rules don’t apply to them are like that in every day life too.

How many years did he do for that?

Are you sure he doesn’t just thinks he knows better than you?

Chat to him about terrorism over the fence. Remind him that not everyone is a terrorist and some people do bad things who aren’t terrorists

BBC listing women’s football ahead of the Championship

fd33252de1ba89427eec7e6c2f08ab32.jpg

Blimey. Also when the BBC run a headline like Everton hit four past United. I go to the article only to be confronted with the fact its womens football. They are running some sort of womens sports campaign this year which probably explains the sleight of hand.