The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

Why don’t BBC list it as men’s football and women’s football?

Then their champion of women’s football would have to report back on Monday morning their hits count err ‘disappointing’ or ‘room for growth’.

Probably presenting it as ‘unprecedented interest’ counting my wondering how Barnsley v Leeds went as keeness on seeing Everton v Bristol City women scores.

To be clear I am happy for women’s game to grow just don’t fcking force it on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Threads being closed down that cover important, if unpleasant, topics. I appreciate that some posters can’t post without resorting to constant personal insults but the rules state that they should be dealt with by infractions or if it continues, banning. Censorship is not the way to go.

Groups of "lads" who go to the pub to watch the football, then spend the entire game staring at their phones, having a fag outside or playing darts.

Can't just be me that has to stare at the screen when Saints are playing, refusing to miss anything at all?

Also, when people get on buses...and THEN start rummaging through their bags/pockets for money/tickets. You've been stood at the bus stop for long enough to be prepared, ffs.

Threads being closed down that cover important, if unpleasant, topics. I appreciate that some posters can’t post without resorting to constant personal insults but the rules state that they should be dealt with by infractions or if it continues, banning. Censorship is not the way to go.

How about a bit of self censorship and getting off the rape subject? Your views are known, as are other people's views of them. Move on mate.

Have a day off Soggy. You've had five years to talk about rape on the Evans thread, it's been done to death and you gave as good as you got. If that's not enough go and register on RapeWebForum and discuss it there.

I actually wanted to move on to the Miller case and her victim statement but so be it.

BBC listing women’s football ahead of the Championship

fd33252de1ba89427eec7e6c2f08ab32.jpg

I assume in these days of PC there will be calls for the Womans results to be put above the mens game. Perhaps in time it will get like the Yellow Pages and in time it will be Aarvark womens Premier league as to make alphabetical order sorted.

So I am currently sitting in a pub in Amsterdam and there is Championships League football on the tv. Most of the screens are showing the Liverpool match. More people cheered when Liverpool scored than when Ajax scored (on the small tv in the corner). WTF?

I did that one but needs restating.

Ha, indeed! I did go back to page 1 and didn’t see it on there - at least “should of” was covered - but wasn’t going to check 9 pages...

I’d also like to include “with regards to” instead of “with regard to” but fear I’m fighting a losing battle with that one.

"Team GB and Northern Ireland" at sports championships - they should be "Team UK", as that is the correctly abbreviated name of the country, particularly as the teams will include competitors from the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, and even Anguila, all of which are not in Great Britain.

People who start their sentences with “so”.

People who apologise for historical events that hundreds of years later are beyond control.

People who are cruel to animals.

Dog muck and owners who think they are superior (Brits abroad)

Brits abroad laying drunk in the streets because they do it back in the UK.

The BBC website weather forecast - how can there be a "low chance of precipitation" when the weather icon clearly indicates 'light rain' ?

The BBC weather website again: the hour by hour currently has our local forecast as sunshine, no cloud, and 7% chance of precipitation. It is raining. Mrs B is not happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Cycle lights on pedestrian paths that are either so bright they blind anyone walking towards them or the flashing variety. I understand they need to be seen in traffic but to me walking the dog they are as disruptive as full beam headlights. Dim them by pointing them 3 yards in front of your bike please :)

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not such a small thing...

Ex boyfriend stabs 17 girlfriend in the neck and tries to make her death look like suicide. Parents find daughter on the floor with the knife sticking out of her neck. He gets a minimum of 12 years 6 months for the murder.

Taxi driver kills ex partner and mother of 5. Disposes of her body and it still hasn’t been found. Sentenced to a minimum of 27 years for murder.

Where is the consistency? The parents of the 17 year old are rightly very unhappy at the sentence given to the murderer of their daughter.

Probably not such a small thing...

Ex boyfriend stabs 17 girlfriend in the neck and tries to make her death look like suicide. Parents find daughter on the floor with the knife sticking out of her neck. He gets a minimum of 12 years 6 months for the murder.

Taxi driver kills ex partner and mother of 5. Disposes of her body and it still hasn’t been found. Sentenced to a minimum of 27 years for murder.

Where is the consistency? The parents of the 17 year old are rightly very unhappy at the sentence given to the murderer of their daughter.

Er wrong thread SOG. Lighten up

Cycle lights on pedestrian paths that are either so bright they blind anyone walking towards them or the flashing variety. I understand they need to be seen in traffic but to me walking the dog they are as disruptive as full beam headlights. Dim them by pointing them 3 yards in front of your bike please :)

There seem to be two types of cyclists. The first go out looking like a Christmas tree and you get sunburn if you walk too close to them. The other have literally no lights or even reflectors and I swear they wear a black hoodie and dark trousers on purpose. How the latter survive more than a week without being scraped off the front of a lorry I have no idea.

People who say "myself" instead of "I" or "me".

People who say haitch (yes, it does need repeating).

Expensive earphones with small rubber parts that fall off, rendering the whole thing unusable.

Fat people who do ridiculously ineffective things to look better, instead of the obvious exercising several times a week or eating sensibly (eg women with fake nails and stupid eyelashes, fat men in designer clothes)

People who aren't cockney, but think it adds something to their character if they use dated cockney rhyming slang.

People who say "myself" instead of "I" or "me".

People who say haitch (yes, it does need repeating).

Expensive earphones with small rubber parts that fall off, rendering the whole thing unusable.

Fat people who do ridiculously ineffective things to look better, instead of the obvious exercising several times a week or eating sensibly (eg women with fake nails and stupid eyelashes, fat men in designer clothes)

People who aren't cockney, but think it adds something to their character if they use dated cockney rhyming slang.

My personal favourite is women who take selfies from arms length, two feet above their head; breathing in and leaning forwards. I know every time I see them I think, "wow, there's a normal sized/slim women with big boobs, she must have an amazing body!"

People that use parish forums to moan about fireworks yeah we get it your dog doesn’t like them but it’s November we’re you that surprised? Shock there might be some at New Year’s Eve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your talking about the “neighbourhood” forum, I said the exact same thing to those moaners. I got abuse until the thread was pulled [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk