Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 320

Thread: The Gao Thread

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    I donít suppose anyone saw Jim Ratcliffe or the CEO of Red Bull at the game?

    This is it......... get relegated knowing rumours abound that red bull are looking for a championship club to take over........ Ralph is already in place for the Redbull Saints

  2. #202

    Default

    If people really want to cause a stir, and do a proper protest, then the easiest thing to do is turn up at Villa away (a ground where the club don't have control of the stewards and entry) with Hong Kong flags and dressed in fancy dress as Winnie the Pooh.

  3. #203

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    If people really want to cause a stir, and do a proper protest, then the easiest thing to do is turn up at Villa away (a ground where the club don't have control of the stewards and entry) with Hong Kong flags and dressed in fancy dress as Winnie the Pooh.
    Still have fond memories of Villa Park, saw Saints during the three years I was at the Polytechnic as was! One win, one draw, one loss. One year, they had a obstacle course for Alsations, 1989 I think, the Villa dog was a lively 2 year old, the Saints dog was 33 and couldn't get up the wall. It was quite surreal, bit like watching Saints at mo lol

  4. #204

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,402
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Winnie the Pooh, HK flags etc are a tad cryptic and indirect.

    Just stick 高滚蛋 on a banner (translation: Gao out, f**k off Gao etc) and it won't leave any doubts.

  5. #205

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,775

    Default

    That's harder to draw though, mush!

  6. #206

    Default

    Nelly Gao apparently walks around most of the time looking royally hacked off although it's hard to imagine many people inside St Mary's spend their days with a different expression at the moment.

  7. #207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Nelly Gao apparently walks around most of the time looking royally hacked off although it's hard to imagine many people inside St Mary's spend their days with a different expression at the moment.
    Wonder how that big friendship with Kat is working out these days ?

  8. #208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Winnie the Pooh, HK flags etc are a tad cryptic and indirect.

    Just stick 高滚蛋 on a banner (translation: Gao out, f**k off Gao etc) and it won't leave any doubts.
    Yes, but how do you write "Goa out, f**k off Goa" in Chinese?

  9. #209

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,402
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    Yes, but how do you write "Goa out, f**k off Goa" in Chinese?

  10. #210

    Default

    The Independent has been told that Gao has been interested in selling his 80 per cent share in the club for up to six months, with an asking price being mooted at £200m."

    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a9213571.html

  11. #211

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint97 View Post
    The Independent has been told that Gao has been interested in selling his 80 per cent share in the club for up to six months, with an asking price being mooted at £200m."

    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a9213571.html
    Just about to post the same looks like he wants out, thank ****, now does anyone know a rich Arab billionaire?

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint97 View Post
    The Independent has been told that Gao has been interested in selling his 80 per cent share in the club for up to six months, with an asking price being mooted at £200m."

    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a9213571.html
    What a shower of sh*te it’s been. Good luck getting the £200m back.

    We’re going to be in a right pickle if we get relegated.

  13. Default

    Red Bull Southampton, anyone?

  14. #214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    Red Bull Southampton, anyone?
    Yes for me. Bring Mitchell back over while we're at it!

  15. #215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    Red Bull Southampton, anyone?
    They kill every club they take over so no.

  16. #216

    Default

    Surely the only way he sells is if we stay in the PL?

    More important now than ever to stay up given the state of the club.

  17. #217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint97 View Post
    The Independent has been told that Gao has been interested in selling his 80 per cent share in the club for up to six months, with an asking price being mooted at £200m."

    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a9213571.html
    If only someone had suggest this six months ago...

  18. #218

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Surely the only way he sells is if we stay in the PL?

    More important now than ever to stay up given the state of the club.
    Why? If we get relegated and he really wants out he will have to take a lesser offer. No one is going to give him 200 million with the club in its current state.

    It's his own fault anyway he over paid for us and then he basically lets us drift into relegation fodder. If he really wanted his investment to be worth what he paid for it he should have invested more time and money in the club.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  19. #219

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    An article Neil Allen would be proud of. Apparently, we're "suspended in a tide of limbo."

    In 2018, the club posted after-tax profits of £26.8m but beyond that strict financial oversight, it’s been suspended in a tide of limbo, swaying violently without any real direction.​

  20. #220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    Red Bull Southampton, anyone?
    That would be great. They have been fantastic owners at both Leipzig and Salzburg but, apart from the Mitchell connection, I can't see why they would choose us and we don't know what terms Mitchell left the club on. He may be another one Les Reed has burnt our bridges with.

  21. #221

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    They kill every club they take over so no.
    How so? Genuine question - I don't really follow footie outside of UK.

  22. #222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    Red Bull Southampton, anyone?
    F*ck that, the day that happens i walk away and don't come back. Franchise c*nts can keep out of our game.

  23. Default

    Wonder if this rumour has any relation with the other rumour that Kat had fallen out with Gao?

  24. #224

    Default

    Sound like a PR piece to stop fans from protesting

  25. #225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suhari View Post
    How so? Genuine question - I don't really follow footie outside of UK.
    They rebrand their clubs to fit their franchise and basically delete the history prior to their takeovers. Southampton Football Club would be dead, RB Southampton would be born.

  26. #226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suhari View Post
    How so? Genuine question - I don't really follow footie outside of UK.
    I think he's being ironic. They've taken Leipzig from the 5th tier of German football to the Champions League and their scouting and recruitment are the envy of the football world. Their average crowds have grown from 2,000 to 40,000 and they are now expanding their stadium capacity to 54,000. They are currently 2nd in the Bundesliga, ahead of Bayern Munich, who they aim to overtake as Germany's top club.

    Salzburg have won 10 Austrian Bundesliga titles since they took over and been regulars in the Champions League, whereas before Red Bull took over, the league had been dominated by the 2 big Vienna clubs: Rapid & Austria Vienna.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig

  27. #227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    I think he's being ironic. They've taken Leipzig from the 5th tier of German football to the Champions League and their scouting and recruitment are the envy of the football world. Their average crowds have grown from 2,000 to 40,000 and they are now expanding their stadium capacity to 54,000. They are currently 2nd in the Bundesliga, ahead of Bayern Munich, who they aim to overtake as Germany's top club.

    Salzburg have won 10 Austrian Bundesliga titles since they took over and been regulars in the Champions League, whereas before Red Bull took over, the league had been dominated by the 2 big Vienna clubs: Rapid & Austria Vienna.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig
    So all the matters is winning? The fact that the football club would no longer represent the community, that the ties to it's past would be gone, that it would be a commercial sport brand and not the soul of Southampton, representing every Sotonian and the fact that our proud 135 year history would be whitewashed for the opportunity (note it's not guaranteed by any distance) of success would make it all worth it?

    Red Bull are the death of football clubs, they only exist for the modern fans that love stats and computer games, i wouldn't even wish that shower of sh*t on the blue few.

    Southampton football club represents Southampton and the Sotonians born and bred there, not Red Bull.

  28. #228

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Winchester, Hampshire
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    So all the matters is winning? The fact that the football club would no longer represent the community, that the ties to it's past would be gone, that it would be a commercial sport brand and not the soul of Southampton, representing every Sotonian and the fact that our proud 135 year history would be whitewashed for the opportunity (note it's not guaranteed by any distance) of success would make it all worth it?

    Red Bull are the death of football clubs, they only exist for the modern fans that love stats and computer games, i wouldn't even wish that shower of sh*t on the blue few.

    Southampton football club represents Southampton and the Sotonians born and bred there, not Red Bull.
    I've always thought MK Dons - the original franchise club - would be the logical English club for Red Bull to buy in to and then buy there way in to the premier league. Besides 'MK Red Bulls' would be a better name than MK Dons - and then they can give the Dons name back to AFC Wimbledon.

    I would take Red Bull as a sponsor for access to the Red Bull FC network and players - it would certainly be no worse than our current non-existent sponsor LD Sports.

    I'd take them over Kat and her 20% anyway.

    Our best hope is Jim Ratcliffe decides he needs a 'nice' English club to go with that club he owns in France.

  29. #229

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,830

    Default The Gao Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    So all the matters is winning? The fact that the football club would no longer represent the community, that the ties to it's past would be gone, that it would be a commercial sport brand and not the soul of Southampton, representing every Sotonian and the fact that our proud 135 year history would be whitewashed for the opportunity (note it's not guaranteed by any distance) of success would make it all worth it?

    Red Bull are the death of football clubs, they only exist for the modern fans that love stats and computer games, i wouldn't even wish that shower of sh*t on the blue few.

    Southampton football club represents Southampton and the Sotonians born and bred there, not Red Bull.
    What does the club currently represent that would not if owned by RB?

  30. #230

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bordeaux
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    So all the matters is winning? The fact that the football club would no longer represent the community, that the ties to it's past would be gone, that it would be a commercial sport brand and not the soul of Southampton, representing every Sotonian and the fact that our proud 135 year history would be whitewashed for the opportunity (note it's not guaranteed by any distance) of success would make it all worth it?

    Red Bull are the death of football clubs, they only exist for the modern fans that love stats and computer games, i wouldn't even wish that shower of sh*t on the blue few.

    Southampton football club represents Southampton and the Sotonians born and bred there, not Red Bull.
    I'm with you 100% Eric. A football club is about the community it represents not some corporate crap. I would rather follow Southampton FC is the National league than Red Bull Southampton in the Premiership. Unarguable fact.

  31. #231

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morse View Post
    I'm with you 100% Eric. A football club is about the community it represents not some corporate crap. I would rather follow Southampton FC is the National league than Red Bull Southampton in the Premiership. Unarguable fact.
    Why do you follow saints now as this is hardly a club of the community at present

  32. #232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morse View Post
    I'm with you 100% Eric. A football club is about the community it represents not some corporate crap. I would rather follow Southampton FC is the National league than Red Bull Southampton in the Premiership. Unarguable fact.
    I personally don t give a flying f. Winning and being happy on weekends, seing people don’t positively about our club is what i m looking for

  33. #233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morse View Post
    I'm with you 100% Eric. A football club is about the community it represents not some corporate crap. I would rather follow Southampton FC is the National league than Red Bull Southampton in the Premiership. Unarguable fact.
    I personally don t give a flying f. Winning and being happy on weekends, seing people donít positively about our club is what i m looking for

  34. #234

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    That would be great. They have been fantastic owners at both Leipzig and Salzburg but, apart from the Mitchell connection, I can't see why they would choose us and we don't know what terms Mitchell left the club on. He may be another one Les Reed has burnt our bridges with.
    We get it mate, you liked Paul Mitchell, you don’t need to mention him on every post across multiple forums for years though, it’s a bit freaky.

  35. #235

    Default

    Top 3 Mitchells

    1. The Mitchellin Man
    2. Mitchell Ma Belle
    3. Mitchells & Butlers (There's probably one of their pubs near you now, Turkish. You can't escape from them that easily)

  36. #236

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morse View Post
    I'm with you 100% Eric. A football club is about the community it represents not some corporate crap. I would rather follow Southampton FC is the National league than Red Bull Southampton in the Premiership. Unarguable fact.
    Good sentiment and one I agree with. More so when I look on websites like Instagram (after I left Facebook in 2017 for similar reasons accompanied by the pathetic, brittle popularity). A new, even more invasive form of advertising polluted every facet of social media but I resent them ruining Instagram as much as renamed sports franchises. It is testing to see friends changing usernames to accompany fashion or fitness tags and then narcissistically tout every sort of saleable cr* p imaginable. Companies cherry picking well connected people to do their dirty work for them. It’s a new and infuriating form of capitalism. I don’t begrudge people overly for wanting free products or trying to save or make a quick buck as modern life is a real struggle financially but have some credibility and integrity and bear in mind the companies benefit way more than the mark.

    I would always want Southampton Football Club to be Southampton Football Club and not anyone’s corporate b*tch. Matise and is essential but you don’t need to sell your soul. Can you sponsor ship wisely and still maintain your integrity. It’s called intelligent negotiation. You always have a cut-off and know when to walk away when the requirements of your investor don’t align with your goals. With our current owner acquiring the club, I now think the only goal was to get the money in the bank.

  37. #237

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    Advertising is essential** (typo)

  38. #238

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    You can use sponsorship wisely** I don’t seem to be able to edit posts.

  39. #239

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Fine City of Southampton
    Posts
    3,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Top 3 Mitchells

    1. The Mitchellin Man
    2. Mitchell Ma Belle
    3. Mitchells & Butlers (There's probably one of their pubs near you now, Turkish. You can't escape from them that easily)
    4: Mitchell and Conner, St Maryís Street (iirc) for football boots c: 1970s

  40. #240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Mockles View Post
    Good sentiment and one I agree with. More so when I look on websites like Instagram (after I left Facebook in 2017 for similar reasons accompanied by the pathetic, brittle popularity). A new, even more invasive form of advertising polluted every facet of social media but I resent them ruining Instagram as much as renamed sports franchises. It is testing to see friends changing usernames to accompany fashion or fitness tags and then narcissistically tout every sort of saleable cr* p imaginable. Companies cherry picking well connected people to do their dirty work for them. It’s a new and infuriating form of capitalism. I don’t begrudge people overly for wanting free products or trying to save or make a quick buck as modern life is a real struggle financially but have some credibility and integrity and bear in mind the companies benefit way more than the mark.

    I would always want Southampton Football Club to be Southampton Football Club and not anyone’s corporate b*tch. Matise and is essential but you don’t need to sell your soul. Can you sponsor ship wisely and still maintain your integrity. It’s called intelligent negotiation. You always have a cut-off and know when to walk away when the requirements of your investor don’t align with your goals. With our current owner acquiring the club, I now think the only goal was to get the money in the bank.
    The problem is now that Kat has got the money Gao borrowed from another bank in her bank, he's screwed. He's not going to be able to sell his share for anything like what he paid Kat for it, so he's probably going to have to raid the club's funds if he can find a way to do that. And with Kat sitting on 20% of the club, which she's going to demand an excessive amount for, he's not going to be able to sell his share anyway. Buyers will want the whole club.

  41. #241

    Default

    Allsorts of FA rules that stop a brand from appearing in a football clubs name.

  42. #242

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    The problem is now that Kat has got the money Gao borrowed from another bank in her bank, he's screwed. He's not going to be able to sell his share for anything like what he paid Kat for it, so he's probably going to have to raid the club's funds if he can find a way to do that. And with Kat sitting on 20% of the club, which she's going to demand an excessive amount for, he's not going to be able to sell his share anyway. Buyers will want the whole club.
    The club are seemingly potless so I don’t know what funds you think can be raided. They have done that. They’ve asset stripped us to the carcass. They will not sign players in January if their actions to date are a strong signifier which I don’t doubt they are.

    I don’t know where this other conjecture comes from. How do you know Kat will hold out for the maximum? She may accept a sensible offer considering the alternative or she may sit tight and lose money alongside Gao when the club value plummets in the championship. The latter being the more likely scenario.

  43. #243

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Why? If we get relegated and he really wants out he will have to take a lesser offer. No one is going to give him 200 million with the club in its current state.

    It's his own fault anyway he over paid for us and then he basically lets us drift into relegation fodder. If he really wanted his investment to be worth what he paid for it he should have invested more time and money in the club.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    When you're washing money you don't necessarily expect to get the full amount back.

    If he ends up spending 30 or 40 mill to get 160 out of China he'll be pleased, I suspect.
    Last edited by benjii; 23-11-2019 at 03:54 AM.

  44. #244

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    When you're washing money you don't necessarily expect to get the full amount back.

    If he ends up spending 30 or 40 mill to get 160 out of China he'll be pleased, I suspect.
    yeah I cant see him getting 200 mil if we go down he will taking a much reduced offer I reckon (though he will probably try and snaffle the parachute payments as well) after all 30 mil is better that sweet FA when he has completely ****ed us up.

  45. #245

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    yeah I cant see him getting 200 mil if we go down he will taking a much reduced offer I reckon (though he will probably try and snaffle the parachute payments as well) after all 30 mil is better that sweet FA when he has completely ****ed us up.
    #NextLevel

  46. #246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    #NextLevel
    What Kat really meant was that she was taking her bank account to the next level.

  47. #247

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Top 3 Mitchells

    1. The Mitchellin Man
    2. Mitchell Ma Belle
    3. Mitchells & Butlers (There's probably one of their pubs near you now, Turkish. You can't escape from them that easily)
    Trevor Mitchell
    Great Mitchell
    Mitchell Johnson

    I didn’t realise until this post Mitchell and butler owns Browns and All Bar One, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

  48. #248

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    What Kat really meant was that she was taking her bank account to the next level.
    Rumour is she wants to buy us back. Imagine if we go down and she buys as back at the market value of about 1/3 what goa paid for us, spend £30m to get us back up and go again. She basically ended up making about £100m and kept her business, maybe she isn’t as bad as we thought.

  49. #249

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Trevor Mitchell
    Grant Mitchell
    Mitchell Johnson

    I didn’t realise until this post Mitchell and butler owns Browns and All Bar One, thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    Edit to grant Mitchell.

  50. #250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    F*ck that, the day that happens i walk away and don't come back. Franchise c*nts can keep out of our game.
    Not that different from billionaire c"nts

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •