The Gao Thread

sadoldgit

you are right, if you don't like people moaning on forums, don't go on a forum

There is not person on this forum who knows whether Gao or the new sponsorship will be good for the club or not, but there is a massive assumption based on nothing that they are bad. Let’s hope you miserable sods are all proved right and then you can have a mass “I told you so” love in. Enjoy!

There is not person on this forum who knows whether Gao or the new sponsorship will be good for the club or not, but there is a massive assumption based on nothing that they are bad. Let’s hope you miserable sods are all proved right and then you can have a mass “I told you so” love in. Enjoy!

there is probably a thread to talk about this, and if you visit it you will find me absent because I'm too busy here taking the **** out of UA for their lack of shirt design skills.

It's not "based on nothing", is it?

It's based on:

- sponsor being an obscure start-up

-sponsor having a website full of palpable bull

As for Gao, reservations about him could be fairly based on:

- reported to have been involved in criminal corruption

- struggled to complete the initial purchase and reportedly incurred a lot of debt in doing so

- Chinese business appears to have gone down the pan and been subject to hostile take-over

- convoluted SFC ownership structure involving companies in Hong Kong and BVI

- has barely uttered a peep about why he bought the club or what his plans are

If we hadn't appointed Ralph H and had got that wrong, we'd probably be looking at financial ruin right now and a slide down the league.

Actually, no, you're right. Everyone is an unreasonable reactionary and you, Fair Soggy, Arbiter of Moral Righteousness, Bringer of the Calm Head, Scrutineer of Evidence, Pied Piper of Maidstone, are correct when you say it's 50/50.

It's not "based on nothing", is it?

It's based on:

- sponsor being an obscure start-up

-sponsor having a website full of palpable bull

As for Gao, reservations about him could be fairly based on:

- reported to have been involved in criminal corruption

- struggled to complete the initial purchase and reportedly incurred a lot of debt in doing so

- Chinese business appears to have gone down the pan and been subject to hostile take-over

- convoluted SFC ownership structure involving companies in Hong Kong and BVI

- has barely uttered a peep about why he bought the club or what his plans are

If we hadn't appointed Ralph H and had got that wrong, we'd probably be looking at financial ruin right now and a slide down the league.

Actually, no, you're right. Everyone is an unreasonable reactionary and you, Fair Soggy, Arbiter of Moral Righteousness, Bringer of the Calm Head, Scrutineer of Evidence, Pied Piper of Maidstone, are correct when you say it's 50/50.

This and :lol:

Ok fine. Have you actually asked Gao any questions though? If so, what are they?

I have no means to communicate with him.

Initial questions would be:

- why have you never made the slightest attempt to engage with the UK fans?

- why did you buy the football club?

- what are your plans for the football club?

- who is in charge of football at the club? Ie. Who is Les Reed's replacement?

- it was reported you needed to borrow money to complete the purchase; are you reliant on club income to repay that money?

- why did Kat retain 20%?

- how did the club choose LD Sports as it's sponsor? Are you concerned that their website was full of bull and infringed the IP of various news organisations?

That would do for starters.

The fact the club hasn't addressed any of this previously, suggests to me that there is no real communication between the owners and the people running things on a day to day basis. This is supported by the reports that the club couldn't answer the recent PL questions about the hostile investment in Lander: they simply didn't know and weren't given the information.

Edited by benjii

I have no means to communicate with him.

Initial questions would be:

- why have you never made the slightest attempt to engage with the UK fans?

- why did you buy the football club?

- what are your plans for the football club?

- who is in charge of football at the club? Ie. Who is Les Reed's replacement?

- it was reported you needed to borrow money to complete the purchase; are you reliant on club income to repay that money?

- why did Kat retain 20%?

- how did the club choose LD Sports as it's sponsor? Are you concerned that their website was full of bull and infringed the IP of various news organisations?

That would do for starters.

The fact the club hasn't addressed any of this previously, suggests to me that there is no real communication between the owners and the people running things on a day to day basis. This is supported by the reports that the club couldn't answer the recent PL questions about the hostile investment in Lander: they simply didn't know and weren't given the information.

Just suppose you get some answers, what will you do next? All your worry and angst seems completely futile to me as it won't change a single thing.

Not so sure seems there is a doubt about him he turned up at The Victims but failed to materialise with the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. I don't think he will have Man City levels of funds, on further investigation!

Not so sure seems there is a doubt about him he turned up at The Victims but failed to materialise with the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although the official line was that the yanks didn't want to sell. I've not read anything about insufficient funds but would be pleased to see it.

True. I don't think he will have Man City levels of funds, on further investigation!

Probably not in the Micky Fialka (or whatever his name was) pauper state either though.

Gao out from me (unless my instincts are wrong & he does a drastic turn around and allows the signings that Ralph was intimated to have been promised upon joining). If Gao or the club’s management’s dialogue with the manager over transfers is anything like the misleading and broken promises to fans over transfers, then I fear we will lose our manager and he will succeed elsewhere in the Premier League and I wouldn’t hold that against him. We seem to have descended into a dishonest and

manipulative club with seemingly little integrity.

I have no time for disingenuous owners with a divisive agenda. As a rule, if a business owner doesn’t outlay their plans it’s generally because the reactions would not be well received because those plans are bad to supporters/shareholders so instead, the owner chooses silence. Like Richard Gere in Pretty Woman only with a sh***er outcome. If Gao had good intentions with the club, he should outline them rather than appear to be using the club as a mechanism for expanding his property portfolio.

The owner has done nothing for Saints yet other than shed staff but under his regime we have been constantly misled in every transfer window and he is, therefore, answerable. Fans deserve answers. If he continues to hold the fans in contempt, then Southampton fans should start voting with their feet. #GaoOut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those interested in such things, yesterday McQuarrie bank redeemed their chage against Southampton Football Club Ltd, and today have registered a new charge. The assumption is that this relates to the annual renewal of the cash flow facilities against EPL funds.

For those interested in such things, yesterday McQuarrie bank redeemed their chage against Southampton Football Club Ltd, and today have registered a new charge. The assumption is that this relates to the annual renewal of the cash flow facilities against EPL funds.

Normally these charges have a "continuing security" clause so no need to renew in his instance . However, if fresh personal guarantees have been taken on basis of new board, the charge may well be renewed to avoid the incidence of "Victors Case" (Victor V Lingard 1926) unless Memo & Arts state otherwise.

I'd completely forgotten Gao had an option for the remaining 20%.

Within 12 moths it says, how long has he owned his 80%?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

So he only has a few weeks left?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

The article says:

What is clear is that the coming season will be instructive, mainly because of a contractual clause that gives Gao and his family the option to purchase the remaining 20% of the club within 12 months from Katharina Liebherr,

I read this as he has 12 months from .. 14th August SuperSAINT advises... to complete the purchase. So until 14th August 2020.

Normally these charges have a "continuing security" clause so no need to renew in his instance . However, if fresh personal guarantees have been taken on basis of new board, the charge may well be renewed to avoid the incidence of "Victors Case" (Victor V Lingard 1926) unless Memo & Arts state otherwise.

Ah, somebody who has studied banking. The purpose of ‘continuing security’ is to prevent credits paid in to an account, for example an overdraft, being used to extinguish the original debt, thereby rendering the security ineffective for subsequent increases. It has been the practice of McQuarrie to take a new charge each year, probably to reflect changes in their documentation than for any other reason - I’ve not read the charge, but suspect it covers current and future borrowing.

I suspect PGs are not taken for this type of facility and for a company of this size. In any event, the key stakeholder has not changed over last year, and even if PGs are in place a change would not trigger a requirement for a revised legal change over the assets of the company.

If you’ve read this far, you probably need to get a life.

• 3 months later...

If we want Gao out, ie to sell up to someone with more interest in the club try embarrassing the Chinese state. Nothing happens in China without the approval of the State, and one thing the Chinese state hates is protest and a spotlight shone on their governance. 32k Saints fans waving Tebitan flags live on TV would see Gaos operation closed down faster than a buttered bullet.

Our fans are soft as s##t...... Can you see the likes of West Ham fans tolerating 9-0 defeats..... Mass uproar would ensue as for Saints fans they are on TV smiling taking selfies like a bunch of lemonade sandwiches..... That's the issue our fans have no swedes.....

Our fans are soft as s##t...... Can you see the likes of West Ham fans tolerating 9-0 defeats..... Mass uproar would ensue as for Saints fans they are on TV smiling taking selfies like a bunch of lemonade sandwiches..... That's the issue our fans have no swedes.....
[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Like this?

http://www.ultras-tifo.net/news/6029-lyon-fans-with-support-choreo-for-tibet.html

Cant see our fans doing that but was highly effective it seems!

Good idea. But, Hong Kong flags would be even more effective right now and most effective of all would be the burning of a Chinese flag. Of course, it would mean we'd never be able to attract wealthy Chinese owners like the ones at Wolves and Man City.

"CFG turned to China in the latter half of 2015, first offering themselves as a host location for high-level business talks between the government leadership of the United Kingdom and the People's Republic of China before agreeing a £265m sale of shares to a consortium of Chinese state-backed investment firms China Media Capital and CITIC Capital. The deal made the two companies a combined 13% part-owner of CFG and therefore of Manchester City, giving in exchange a significant partnership allowing both City and CFG to expand into the Chinese market in a variety of directions."

Good idea. But, Hong Kong flags would be even more effective right now and most effective of all would be the burning of a Chinese flag. Of course, it would mean we'd never be able to attract wealthy Chinese owners like the ones at Wolves and Man City.

"CFG turned to China in the latter half of 2015, first offering themselves as a host location for high-level business talks between the government leadership of the United Kingdom and the People's Republic of China before agreeing a £265m sale of shares to a consortium of Chinese state-backed investment firms China Media Capital and CITIC Capital. The deal made the two companies a combined 13% part-owner of CFG and therefore of Manchester City, giving in exchange a significant partnership allowing both City and CFG to expand into the Chinese market in a variety of directions."

Have a word with yourself. Unbelievable.

Seems to me the cynics were right. Maybe they actually had a bit of foresight or instinctively knew a rejected person from the fit and proper persons test that sold out people to get executed while saving his own bacon was bad news from the outset.

This is brilliant and exactly what we need to do. Whilst the French may frustrate in many ways, they don’t put up with any sh*t and like to get their point across. It’s time we started making it clear that Gao isn’t liked or welcome down South if he intends to not invest and run us into the ground while pursuing his separate business needs.

You’re right. Remember when West Ham fans stormed the stand at the Olympic stadium? Newcastle fans give Mike Ashley grief every week, they says he’s a tight fisted cockney bas*ard despite the fact they’ve spent £120m more than they’ve made from transfers in the last 5 years when in same time as we’ve made a profit. It’s absolutely laughable that this is put down to agents fees, bonuses and national insurance by the cheerleaders amongst saints fans.

Unfortunately as much as Goa and his team seems to be a bunch of jokers we’re stuck with him. It’s not like the days of Guy Askham when he was a local guy who could step down and be easily replaced, To get rid of Goa we need to find a buyer and if he was the best offer on the table last time of the few that were interested we were for sale then heaven knows what the others must have been like.

he was the best offer on the table last time of the few that were interested

I seem to remember rumours of interest from the US which coincided with all the promotion we were doing stateside, when Krueger was touting us as a growing Champions League bound club (is our US training centre still going?).

But, of course, we had a sudden change of direction, Krueger stated that we were now "a small club" and Kat's promise to sell us onto someone who would take SFC forward fell flat on it's face. I guess this was the best deal on the table for her.

I seem to remember rumours of interest from the US which coincided with all the promotion we were doing stateside, when Krueger was touting us as a growing Champions League bound club (is our US training centre still going?).

But, of course, we had a sudden change of direction, Krueger stated that we were now "a small club" and Kat's promise to sell us onto someone who would take SFC forward fell flat on it's face. I guess this was the best deal on the table for her.

Yes you’re right, I remember that too and we were setting up some academies out there. Didn’t we play a preseason friendly there too and visit Under Armours HQ? Then all of a sudden it was small club, we should be proud of seeing former players go to bigger clubs etc.

If Goa managed to convince Kat and the FA he was the right person to take over this club then maybe he is a better sales person than we give him credit for.

Would protests actually bother our owner he doesn't even turn up to games does he?

I can imagine that angry protests at SMS would probably be lost on him, sat 5000 miles away, while giving the score a cursory look on the internet at full time.

The only way we are getting rid of this chump is if we get relegated a couple of times and go bust again.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk