The Gao Thread

sadoldgit

For a media company that website is an embarrassment. I think you are being unfair though, the first thing any small start up company would do is spend millions sponsoring top flight football clubs in England and Spain.

This is their main website - https://www.ldsports.cn/ - still a bit Mickey Mouse.

As for our owner and Noodles' question - do we still hate him? - hate is the wrong word. And how can anyone hate him seeing as he doesn't seemingly exist.

I just checked the LD Sport web page and it really does not look like a company who can afford to sponsor a Premier League Team. It is in Chinese but the the content on the page seems to very limited and Southampton focused. What details do we have on the sponsorship deal? Is it confirmed that Gao is the owner of LD Sports? It is really tricky to find any information on the case which is odd on a Premier League sponsor.

https://www.ldsports.uk/

THAT

Can't even get the grammar right

That LD Sports thing still absolutely stinks. More so than it did, because even these months on it's still a company of nothingness who can apparently afford to sponsor a topflight English team.

And they’re Chinese.

and our owner is Chinese.

Let me think a second. Yeah, it's not dodgy at all. Fully legit sponsorship deal with no links to our ownership.

God, once we get that stupid little man Gao out things will start looking up. Until then, it's going to be quite a lot of dodgyness.

That LD Sports thing still absolutely stinks. More so than it did, because even these months on it's still a company of nothingness who can apparently afford to sponsor a topflight English team.

And they’re Chinese.

Let me think a second. Yeah, it's not dodgy at all. Fully legit sponsorship deal with no links to our ownership.

God, once we get that stupid little man Gao out things will start looking up. Until then, it's going to be quite a lot of dodgyness.

and they are called LD Sports and Goas company is called Lander Sports, must just be a coincidence.

And they’re Chinese.

And a topflight Spanish team.

and they are called LD Sports and Goas company is called Lander Sports, must just be a coincidence.
Gao's....(sorry Goa's....gotta keep in with those that know stuff on this forum) company? https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17437490.southampton-fc-owner-gao-jisheng-loses-control-of-lander-sports/

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The greatest trick Goa ever pulled was convincing Saintsweb he didn't exist.....

Very Good Kaiser. I wish he didn't exist. Then we wouldn't be in this mess. Gao has to be the worst owner we have ever had (and I hated Lowe on another level). Surely the worst owner in the English Premier League by a long shot. Imagine the reception to our situation in Tyneside (and certain fans think it's ok having a thread bare squad, no back-up to midfield and defence whilst deferring any low grade transfer to yet another subsequent transfer window. Madness).

Surely we all want the club to succeed. To compete. I'd go one better and like us to win something but that would probably be deemed unrealistic and inherently crazed, like some demented Victor Meldrew on acid (certainly not this season. We will struggle to get a starting 11 and field a capable bench if we get a few injuries). We are seasons away from competing for trophies and we will practically need a new squad of signings next season if we are to approach the season in parallel to our competitors and that will not happen under this absolute tool, Chairman Gao (and with it, no tangible depth in the squad and no competition for your place in the starting 11 so more possibility of lack lustre performances due to motivation or, like Bertrand, simply being burnt out). Only at Southampton...

What has happened to the KWP talk? Please no Joe Bryan. Judging by the pretext to Ralph's 180 degree turn and considering the Daily Echo club spin to lower expectations below zero, like the weather, I truly fear we won't be signing anyone but I strongly feel this will come back to bite us on the butt and this will be a huge mistake and complacency of the lowest common denominator. We simply never, ever learn and, worst part, push complacency more and more rather than safeguard our status which is nothing more than utter, utter lunacy and complete disregard and incompetency.

UTS!! :D

Do people genuinely think if we sign no-one in January which looks likely, this muppet Chairman will put any funds in to rebuild the squad properly in the summer? I', not confident and their word now means less than nothing. Under Gao's ever increasingly disastrous tenure, our squad has gone thinner and thinner and the incoming outgoing ratio is heavily weighted on one side. He's a charlatan. My greatest concern is, Ralph is a good manager and unless something changes VERY SOON to repair the string of obviously broken promises (the board are consistent, they seemingly b*llsh*t the staff as much as the fans), I fear Ralph may walk. #GaoOut

THAT

Can't even get the grammar right

Hehe, sorry. I am Swedish so my English is a bit dodgy. When I was in language school In Torquay I got corrected on my grammar by the 3 year old daughter in my host family. ?

I hope my point is still valid, there are some major question mark regarding this sponsorship. I hope that the real answers don’t get us in trouble.

And they’re Chinese.

Paraphrasing of an 70's group, it sounds as if its a case of Dodgynessabounds.

“As long as the money reaches our account in Pounds Sterling, that’s all that matters.”
Unless it's Gao getting money out of china and then pulling it out of the club into a British account. In which case we're losing out on a sponsor that pays nothing.

Do LD even have any revenue? Will be very interesting to see the club financials in March.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Some credit should be given to the “muppet chairman” for not panicking and sacking Ralph when many other chairmen would have done.

We couldn’t sack him because we could not afford too.

A new manager may also want to bring in his own staff so it could of meant the likes of Watson and Davis would need paying off too.

I acknowledge in my post that he considered it a joke. My point was it is pathetic to joke about wanting people dead for merely not investing in a football club. Of course as the Grim Reaper... you clearly disagree. :D

He never said he wants him dead.

Not word for word, but he did ask if we can hope he gets a potentially fatal virus. Pretty obvious wanting him dead that was the meaning behind the 'joke', or else just wish someone gets regular flu.

Spectrum.

Not word for word, but he did ask if we can hope he gets a potentially fatal virus. Pretty obvious wanting him dead that was the meaning behind the 'joke', or else just wish someone gets regular flu.

the Flu can be fatal to some. Regular or not.

You are one of those who likes to find offence in everything, aren't you.

Maybe Goa’s in lockdown in China and can’t now smuggle out the suitcases of cash for a shiny new LB and RB.

No doubt, some on here would sooner believe that than the fact that the club is reluctant is spend despite stated areas of need.

Edited by shurlock

• 4 weeks later...
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/15804864.southampton-chairman-ralph-krueger-outlines-new-owner-jisheng-gaos-ambitions/

An interesting article from couple of years ago. I’m glad that we longer have to put up with RK’s comical interviews.

Ah, I see the elusive 5 pledges were mentioned. Promised to be revealed in February 2018 as they were on Kruger’s desk right then, still no sign of them. #wewaiton

• 11 months later...
21 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Funny how none of these stories appeared when we were in the top 4. 

That's a very fleeting state of affairs though and anyone who thought we would stay in the top 4 was an idiot.

The fact remains that Gao brings nothing positive to the table and his only virtue is that he seems to keep his nose out of footballing matters and isn't a lunatic.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, benjii said:

That's a very fleeting state of affairs though and anyone who thought we would stay in the top 4 was an idiot.

The fact remains that Gao brings nothing positive to the table and his only virtue is that he seems to keep his nose out of footballing matters and isn't a lunatic.

I dont disagree with you and i'd rather we had someone else. However what we have now is a strong leadership structure, the best manager we've had for ages, an identity as a club which had gone since Koeman went and people righting the wrongs of the Kruger era. Getting rid of him, Reed and Wilson (okay i know the transfer guru was poached by Rangers but he was a disaster) has only be a good thing. The structure now in place is much better than it's been for years. Goa isn't responsible for signing Diallo, Ings, Walker-Peters, but he isn't responsible for signing Lemina, Hoedt, Carillo etc either, that was down to the incompetence of others here at the start of his regime, who thankfully he's got rid off. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Goa isn't responsible for signing Diallo, Ings, Walker-Peters, but he isn't responsible for signing Lemina, Hoedt, Carillo etc either, that was down to the incompetence of others here at the start of his regime, who thankfully he's got rid off. 

If you credit Gao for getting rid of them and replacing them, then he is ultimately responsible for the new signings as well. 😋

15 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

If you credit Gao for getting rid of them and replacing them, then he is ultimately responsible for the new signings as well. 😋

You haven't understood my post at all have you. I haven't given Goa credit for buying or selling any player. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

As nice as it would be to have more money gifted to us, it's not sustainable and its unrealistic to think we'd make such huge progress that we could replace one sugar daddy with another if the first one got bored and left.

With Gao forcing us to be sustainable, he could walk away and somebody else come in and our future wouldn't be threatened, unlike when Lowe and the circus that followed left and we nearly went bust.

As for that article... the negative bias is obvious when it blames the board for appointing Puel and Pellegrino, yet considers appointing Hassenhutl an 'incredible stroke of luck'.

• Like 1