The small things in life that bring you joy

trousers

My grandson

Cycling

Walking my dogs on the beach

Cycling

Picking fruit from my garden ( especially the grapes, with which we make wine, and the apples, a lot of which are used for cider )

Cycling

One particular day at work when a Mercedes SLK was pulled over outside our office and impounded for being untaxed and uninsured.

you think he is a good presenter?

I will also add (as it is nearly upon the airwaves)...ANYTHING to do with Love Island.

Those on it, watch it and report about it

No I don't, he is the most annoying cretin on the airwaves and TV.

you think he is a good presenter?

I will also add (as it is nearly upon the airwaves)...ANYTHING to do with Love Island.

Those on it, watch it and report about it

Never had you down as a Love Island fan

Watching birds at the feeder in the garden.

Marmite on toast.

First beer of the day.

Interesting cloud formations racing across blue skies on a sunny day.

A large mug of Darjeeling tea.

A long hike through the woods.

A day spent on holiday in a new town or city taking photographs.

going for a dump in the office toilet and the seat being cold + there being no sh*t marks inside it.

clean bed linen

leaving work the first Monday after the clocks go forward so getting home when it's still light.

Striking a brilliant t-shot

the sound of a wine pouring into a glass

the first lawn cut of the year

A long walk on Dartmoor, the SW coast or Lakes/Dales

Putting down a newly bought pint of beer on my beermat and taking the first mouthful of it

A day at the cricket at any level or listening to TMS

As Turkish said, a really cleanly struck tee shot

Making a curry for family and friends

Starting a new book

The Friday night before a bank holiday

Farting in a noisy public place where I can’t be heard

A belting summer thunderstorm and the wet/fresh smell afterwards.

Coming home from some sporting or other physical activity, having a warm shower and a cuppa tea

Dipping a dark chocolate digestive in said cuppa

Skiing in fresh powder

The sexual climax I achieve when I ban a SWF poster

Garlic bread

Never hit a decent tee shot, I usually just shout 'c**tbag' at the large hole I've dug.

A belting summer thunderstorm and the wet/fresh smell afterwards.

Coming home from some sporting or other physical activity, having a warm shower and a cuppa tea

Dipping a dark chocolate digestive in said cuppa

Skiing in fresh powder

The sexual climax I achieve when I ban a SWF poster!

Garlic bread

Never hit a decent tee shot, I usually just shout 'c**tbag' at the large hole I've dug.

Only one of those is the truth ;)

My new cordless mower. I never thought anything as mundane as a mower could bring me more joy than the birth of my daughter or leaving my first wife.

Do love a good, thick, freshly cut lawn.

To crush my enemies …. See them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women!.

Is that so you can wipe them clean afterwards?

- A Bottle of Wine, Red especially, picked up on my travels for not silly money that makes me go "oh thats a bit nice" even better when sharing with friends and they say "wow where DID you get this?!".

- Fillet Steak that cuts like butter.

- Walking down the hill into LLafranc at the beginning of our holiday and seeing the beach and the sea.

- Just another 5 minutes in bed turning into an hour at least on a Saturday Morning.

- just cleaned windows on the house

- Free wood for the Woodburners, when a friend says "having that big Birch felled, would you like the wood as its saving me a quite few quid them not taking it away".

- Chicken and Chips from Carn Padres just outside Pals on the Costa Brava, trust me you will struggle to find better...........so bloody good that the old boy who owns it only has to open the place June until the end of September.

Walking the dogs out across the beach at low tide; the Lake District in front of us, the Pennines to our right, and an open vista towards the Isle of Man to the left, and knowing there isn't another human being within a mile and a half radius.

Walking the dogs out across the beach at low tide; the Lake District in front of us, the Pennines to our right, and an open vista towards the Isle of Man to the left, and knowing there isn't another human being within a mile and a half radius.

Guessing you live near Morecambe/Lune Valley area?

Lovely part of the world.