Saints ultras?

USA SaintsFan

I joined the Saints Ultras FB Group this evening not because I wanted to be an "Ultra" , whatever that means, but just to see how the concept developed (I am 58 and retired!). I really wish I hadn't bothered. As someone above mentioned it seems to be populated by 14 year olds. I tried to explain that yes there was such a thing as a Saints Away Season Ticket (I have one) but they are refusing to believe me. I think I wiill quietly slip away especially as I might get accued of grooming at some point !

Yeah, don't want to be tarred with the paedo brush.

I believe the club said last season that they were looking into it though.

My neighbour at SMS said that he had written to the club and that their reply sas that they would be looking into it over the summer. His view was that attacking towards their own fans in the second half gave visiting teams a significant advantage.

Something needs to be done about the atmosphere but not keen on aping continental Ultras, there's something too contrived, humourless, and uniform about them. It's also rather disappointing that the nation that gave the world football and the culture surrounding it now has to follow rather than lead.

In my opinion the Palace style support is not ideal when it just drones on regardless of what's going on on the pitch.

The really spine tingling support is the shouting and singing that reacts to the situation in the game and the passage of play.....the roar when our team breaks away and attacks, or wins a corner with seconds lefts etc etc. This creates the real soundtrack to the game and amplifies the drama.

So..... can we have more of that please!

In my opinion the Palace style support is not ideal when it just drones on regardless of what's going on on the pitch.

The really spine tingling support is the shouting and singing that reacts to the situation in the game and the passage of play.....the roar when our team breaks away and attacks, or wins a corner with seconds lefts etc etc. This creates the real soundtrack to the game and amplifies the drama.

That relies on the team doing their part. Last couple of seasons they've not exactly given the crowd much to get excited about. Despite what people like to think fans of every team generally only sing when they're winning.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Why can't you have both?

Let the singing for the hardcore fans and then the not ones who just sit and watch football can join in when there is something going on on the pitch.