Saints ultras?

USA SaintsFan

If it was a mob of well-dressed, athletic young lads with some original chants, smoke bombs, flares etc. then it would be good.

But it won’t be. It will be YouTube vlogging, funny-hat wearing imbeciles who think they’re great because they know the words of someone else’s chant that they heard on TV.

If it was a mob of well-dressed, athletic young lads with some original chants, smoke bombs, flares etc. then it would be good.

But it won’t be. It will be YouTube vlogging, funny-hat wearing imbeciles who think they’re great because they know the words of someone else’s chant that they heard on TV.

"Athletic Young Lads?" Hello!

"If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter"

I see there's a Facebook group that's been sHetarted to organize an Ultras style group for next season. Thoughts on this? Would more organized, continental style support benefit the St. Mary's atmosphere?

Great idea. Would join in if I was a Saint Marys regular.

And it s not cringy, it improves the atmosphere but i’m not surprised at the reaction of some of you lot as you probably contribute to the souless atmosphere in the stadium.

It should be constant singing all game not just when something entertaining happens on the pitch. And before you go on about euro fan mogs, they have a 10 times better atmosphere in their stadium than us. Look at the atmospheres in Ajax stadium or in Germany, it is wounderful.

Making St Marys a fortress

And it s not cringy, it improves the atmosphere but i’m not surprised at the reaction of some of you lot as you probably contribute to the souless atmosphere in the stadium.

It should be constant singing all game not just when something entertaining happens on the pitch. And before you go on about euro fan mogs, they have a 10 times better atmosphere in their stadium than us. Look at the atmospheres in Ajax stadium or in Germany, it is wounderful.

I agree with all of this

Yeh but don't call it 'ultras' because that associates it with violent, racist idiots that many European clubs have.

Some more passionate supporters adding more atmosphere is fine, as long as its just that, not some excuse to throw things on the pitch and beat people up etc.

This.

Absolutely this. The ones moaning are probably the same ones who sit in near silence for 90 minutes.

The atmosphere at most grounds in Europe puts the Premier League to shame and anything that could improve the atmosphere at SMS would get my support.

Absolutely this. The ones moaning are probably the same ones who sit in near silence for 90 minutes.

The atmosphere at most grounds in Europe puts the Premier League to shame and anything that could improve the atmosphere at SMS would get my support.

Why is sitting in silence an issue? If people pay their money, they should be allowed to watch the game in whatever way they want.

If you think that you’re an idiot. Some of us sing home and away, don’t dress like noddies and think fancy dress ultras are cringeworthy as f*ck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a cnt sits next to me singing all game I’ll knock him out.

Is that the Proper or Improper and which are you Shurl?

That’s someone you should tell your kids to keep away from, and report to the police if you see him close to a school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see there's a Facebook group that's been started to organize an Ultras style group for next season. Thoughts on this? Would more organized, continental style support benefit the St. Mary's atmosphere?

Do you have the facebook link?

If it's anything like what Palace do then I'm not a fan. Sing songs yes, but all these Italian chants seem well out of place.

If you want to get together and create some songs and atmosphere, great! Sing stuff that's relevant to you. Trying to copy and paste passion from elsewhere won't work.

For ****s sake. Modern football, modern life. Fake fake fake. Manufacturered bull**** to satisfy social media.

There is nothing wrong with the atmosphere at St Marys. Nothing. If we are treated to great football then the atmosphere is brilliant.

Been to Arsenal, Old Trafford or even the mighty Anfield lately??? No atmosphere whatsoever.

Stop blaming the loyal Saints fans for any of the clubs failings

From that group it looks as though this is a bunch of 14 year old lads who want to turn us into some kind of Bundesliga outfit. It's not a bad idea in principle but if the songs and atmosphere aren't original/authentic then we will just look plastic as hell. First thing to get sorted is to move our more vocal fans away from the away supporters. We need a full end which would draw others into the atmosphere.

From that group it looks as though this is a bunch of 14 year old lads who want to turn us into some kind of Bundesliga outfit. It's not a bad idea in principle but if the songs and atmosphere aren't original/authentic then we will just look plastic as hell. First thing to get sorted is to move our more vocal fans away from the away supporters. We need a full end which would draw others into the atmosphere.

Except they want to be next to the away fans. The noisy home fans and away fans feed off each other they don't want to be at the opposite ends of the ground. Why don't people seem to understand that the Northam/Itchen North fans want to be in those areas of the ground because its next to the away fans...

Maybe this new lot of Ultras can move to the middle of the Chapel or something to create a bit of atmosphere down that end of the ground but I don't expect the usual vocal fans to want to move.

Except they want to be next to the away fans. The noisy home fans and away fans feed off each other they don't want to be at the opposite ends of the ground. Why don't people seem to understand that the Northam/Itchen North fans want to be in those areas of the ground because its next to the away fans...

Maybe this new lot of Ultras can move to the middle of the Chapel or something to create a bit of atmosphere down that end of the ground but I don't expect the usual vocal fans to want to move.

Wouldn't the best solution be to move the away fans to the Itchen or Kingsland North. That way, we'll have the whole Northam made up of vocal home fans who can still be next to the away fans.

Wouldn't the best solution be to move the away fans to the Itchen or Kingsland North. That way, we'll have the whole Northam made up of vocal home fans who can still be next to the away fans.

IIRC correctly the away fans can't be moved due to the way SMS is set up the old bill won't allow it

I joined the Saints Ultras FB Group this evening not because I wanted to be an "Ultra" , whatever that means, but just to see how the concept developed (I am 58 and retired!). I really wish I hadn't bothered. As someone above mentioned it seems to be populated by 14 year olds. I tried to explain that yes there was such a thing as a Saints Away Season Ticket (I have one) but they are refusing to believe me. I think I wiill quietly slip away especially as I might get accued of grooming at some point !

Yeh but don't call it 'ultras' because that associates it with violent, racist idiots that many European clubs have.

Some more passionate supporters adding more atmosphere is fine, as long as its just that, not some excuse to throw things on the pitch and beat people up etc.

Good to see the lib-dems represented on the forum

The problem is that I don't think we do particularly feed of noisy home fans. Whenever a large away following comes we tend to be drowned out. You could argue that that is the same for most grounds but our home support tends to be a couple of blasts of OWTS and some hand gestures to the away fans. Really think it could be improved if we worried less about the opposition fans and concentrated more on singing about our own team.