Money for Liverpool winning the Champions League?

Paul Chuckle

Apparently not, no.

This is from last year:

"Southampton look set to miss out on bonus payments should Liverpool win the Champions League final against Real Madrid on Saturday.

It had been thought that Southampton had clauses inserted in the contracts of players they have sold to Liverpool that would entitle them to bonus payments for winning the Champions League.

However, according to the Times, no such payments were agreed in the sales and bonuses are only due after appearance milestones and Champions League qualification."

https://saintsmarching.com/2018/05/24/southampton-saints-miss-champions-league-bonus/

Ralph K categorically said in a meeting that we do have clauses inserted into their contracts, which mean we will benefit financially from a Liverpool CL win.

Ralph K also promised Gao's Five Pledges would be available in February. I think that may have been in February 2018.

This is not to suggest Ralph deliberately misled anyone but when you consider his sources for such information were probably Gao himself and the ever reliable Les Reed I'm not sure we should take this as gospel.

Hopefully as a goodwill gesture for illegally poaching our players who just won them the European cup Liverpool will let us off the £20M we need to pay them for Danny Ings

I've personally gained - big time from the Barcelona turnaround + backed them heavy yesterday at evens.

Doubt the club have any gains unfortunately

Miserable seeing VVD being rewarded so handsomely after way he behaved. Problem seemed to be the famous Les Reed "gentleman's agreement" by all accounts.

To think where the VVD, Mane, lallana, lovren money has been spent.... :mcinnes: Just makes it all worse

I've personally gained - big time from the Barcelona turnaround + backed them heavy yesterday at evens.

Miserable seeing VVD being rewarded so handsomely after way he behaved. Problem seemed to be the famous Les Reed "gentleman's agreement" by all accounts.

To think where the VVD, Mane, lallana, lovren money has been spent.... :mcinnes: Just makes it all worse

Yawn, need a new routine.

Of course you won loads of money from the Barcelona result but didn't everybody on this forum? I bet I won more than you.

We did indeed insert clauses and a lovely wedge has come our way.

How lovely is lovely is all anyone wants to know.

The Sun ran an article on last year's CL final saying if LFC win, we would be in line for £15m. Others have trotted out £10m. TBH it's no skin of LFC's nose, as the money they have made makes van Dijk's signing cheap at half the price.

We did indeed insert clauses and a lovely wedge has come our way.

Is this similar to last season when we tried to leak the "£10m bonus" for Liverpools champions league final?

The £10m that Liverpool swiftly denied and we went silent on?

Or when we claimed to receive £36m for Mane and Liverpool said it was just £30m?

Or when we tried to leak the £18m for Tadic and Ajax then announced it was just £9.8?

Are these little leaks (+ lies) supposed to make us happier that we bent over and sold all our talent?

Or when we claimed to receive £36m for Mane and Liverpool said it was just £30m?

When did Liverpool say that? Link?

The Telegraph said it was £30m rising to £38.5m. So if Liverpool did say £30m have you considered they were talking about the guaranteed money... not the potential extras (which Mane will likely hit)

Is this similar to last season when we tried to leak the "£10m bonus" for Liverpools champions league final?

The £10m that Liverpool swiftly denied and we went silent on?

Or when we tried to leak the £18m for Tadic and Ajax then announced it was just £9.8?

Are these little leaks (+ lies) supposed to make us happier that we bent over and sold all our talent?

#triggered

Yes very. This is 100% from as close as you can get. Credit to Les Reed and Ross on this. They aren't the most common clauses. We also received most of the reported fee for VVD. I was quite surprised by that. Speculating that we had them over a barrel re tapping up our players...

Cheers for the info, LeG.

Agreed by Les ?

That will upset a few!

Yes very. This is 100% from as close as you can get. Credit to Les Reed and Ross on this. They aren't the most common clauses. We also received most of the reported fee for VVD. I was quite surprised by that. Speculating that we had them over a barrel re tapping up our players...

Oh dear...

What's with the cloak and dagger here? If there is a payment clause for winning the Euro's what's the big secrete? More BS about "look at me look at me" i'm in the know!

I expected nothing and I don’t expect to be disappointed.

That’s really my point, a few extra million from Liverpool will not make a noticeable difference.

Better than fck all tho. Nothing makes a noticeable difference to the supporter.

I expected nothing and I don’t expect to be disappointed.

That’s really my point, a few extra million from Liverpool will not make a noticeable difference.

Might help offset (1-2% maybe) some of the losses on the recent flops we now need to shift on the cheap.

Or just give it to Fraser Forster to cover a few weeks wages?