Cricket World Cup Thread

Window Cleaner

Vince looks mentally broken. Never mind his international career, I’m starting to fear for his cricketing future full stop.

It’s a great shame ... things could have been so different for him if he’d ever managed to convert one of his decent starts for England into a three figure total. Now it looks like he’s succumbed to the pressure of his Twenty Something and Out reputation.

If he has to play in the next match then it must be somewhere down the batting order .

Vince looks mentally broken. Never mind his international career, I’m starting to fear for his cricketing future full stop.

It’s a great shame ... things could have been so different for him if he’d ever managed to convert one of his decent starts for England into a three figure total. Now it looks like he’s succumbed to the pressure of his Twenty Something and Out reputation.

If he has to play in the next match then it must be somewhere down the batting order .

Vince looked pretty good for Hants in the season so far. Probably why he got the England call up for the warm up games. But then again Markram looked pretty great for Hants as well and he's not had a great WC so far. Couple of decent'ish scores and a few failures.

Vince's problem, as I see it, is the same as it's always been, poor judgement on occasions, trouble is that now everybody knows it and good bowlers just set him up time after time.

Vince looked pretty good for Hants in the season so far. Probably why he got the England call up for the warm up games. But then again Markram looked pretty great for Hants as well and he's not had a great WC so far. Couple of decent'ish scores and a few failures.

Vince's problem, as I see it, is the same as it's always been, poor judgement on occasions, trouble is that now everybody knows it and good bowlers just set him up time after time.

I agree, Vince has played well for Hampshire this season and fully deserved his England call-up. I also thought he started well against Afghanistan, but when he got to twenty something he attempted to hit every ball for four, mostly over mid-on. He should have been caught just before he was actually dismissed. He stopped playing each ball on its merits and seemed to be premeditating his shots before the ball was delivered. Like you say, it’s a judgement failing; but one which seems to me to be brought about by pressure; whether it’s the pressure of feeling he has to push on rather recklessly knowing that Morgan, Stokes, Butler et al are waiting in the wings, or whether it’s the self-inflicted pressure of his previous batting record for England, or something else ... only he really knows, I suppose.

I can't help feeling Pakistan deserve this more than England. Of course I want England to go through and win, but I'll feel as if they got lucky right now. They haven't shown the heart and desire. Pakistan have battled back from the brink and from the mental blow of a hammering in the series against England. I hope we start showing some spirit against India, then I might feel like England deserve it a bit more.

yes games are now practically dead rubbers with no genuine incentive for topping the group.

in effect England's last three games against Australia, India and NZ are like warm ups before the knockouts.

Looking forward to todays 'Warm up' for the knockouts.

Birmingham has all the tickets.

India trying hard to make it not very obvious that they are doing their best to prevent Pakistan reaching the semi finals.

Hadn’t thought of that. Yeah petered our thankfully and we are home now

Birmingham has all the tickets.

India trying hard to make it not very obvious that they are doing their best to prevent Pakistan reaching the semi finals.

The thought crossed my mind but wouldn’t they rather play Pak than Eng in the semis or final?

Either way, good away win for England.

So then: England will probably need to beat New Zealand or have a rain off to qualify for the last 4. New Zealand will probably not want to lose too heavily because that would put them in danger if Pakistan get an easy win in their last game, but as it's against Bangladesh, that might not be all that easy.

God we made that hard work. Middle order need a word with themselves.

Don’t get the fuss over Buttler at all.

On paper, we can defend this, yes, will we make it easy, no.

Gotta get Williamson out quick when he comes in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good start, get Williamson out quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too quick, NZ need to assure that their RRR doesn't fall as low as to be accessible by Pakistan if they manage to inflict a severe thumping on Bangladesh on Friday...part of the plan :smug::smug::smug:.

Not too quick, NZ need to assure that their RRR doesn't fall as low as to be accessible by Pakistan if they manage to inflict a severe thumping on Bangladesh on Friday...part of the plan :smug::smug::smug:.

They should use head to head as the first tie breaker. That would avoid a lot of the NRR shenanigans.

Was a great display yesterday (Bar some dodgy middle order batting, but I think everyone could see the wicket had slowed up).

I'm hoping this gives Bairstow and co, confidence they can perform under pressure.

Gonna be tough, but we have the side to win this.

Fantastic to see England showing some real spirit to come through to the semis clearly deserving their place. Roy, Bairstow and Root have played really well so far, Archer has done his bit too. Buttler seems to be searching for form and I still don't have that much confidence in our ability to take wickets against the best, but we can win.

Can Pakistan still get past NZ?

Can Pakistan still get past NZ?

In theory yes but it's a virtually impossible task which requires Pakistan to bat first, make a huge score and then skittle Bangladesh for just a few runs, somewhere between 30 and 100, depending on how many they make themselves. If Bangadesh bat first then Pakistan are out whatever the result..