Ross Wilson - Top Dog @ SFC

Dusic

Seems the wee lad has a promotion and is now the most senior member of staff on the football side of the club.

He is likely to be the man handling all our transfer negotiations this window which gives me very little confidence that we will get good deals done.

If you judge Heads of Recruitment by their recruitment then he deserved firing rather than promoting...we haven't had a good window since he joined the club.

Pressure is on son.

9bd413b339fa29f791fa9995b98cfc92.jpg

Yet the Telegraph reported that it was Ross and Semmens who orchestrated getting Hasenhüttl.

I would imagine it would be best to see the announcements of the clubs restructuring before making any assessments.

Yet the Telegraph reported that it was Ross and Semmens who orchestrated getting Hasenhüttl.

I would imagine it would be best to see the announcements of the clubs restructuring before making any assessments.

"On Krueger’s departure he added: “For our daily business not a huge change but for me he was a very important person. He brought me here."

Seems the wee lad has a promotion and is now the most senior member of staff on the football side of the club.

He is likely to be the man handling all our transfer negotiations this window which gives me very little confidence that we will get good deals done.

If you judge Heads of Recruitment by their recruitment then he deserved firing rather than promoting...we haven't had a good window since he joined the club.

Pressure is on son.

Wasn't he in The Krankies ?

"On Krueger’s departure he added: “For our daily business not a huge change but for me he was a very important person. He brought me here."
Wasn't aware that Kruegers Footy knowledge was that good, but fair play to Krueger for spoting him. We've lost a gem.

If you judge Heads of Recruitment by their recruitment then he deserved firing rathe.we haven't had a good window since he joined the club.

Wilson was at the club when we signed...

van Dijk

Cedric

Redmond

Hojbjerg

Romeu

Bednarek

Lemina

Vestergaard

Gunn

Sure we've had some bad signings in that time aswell. But let's not ignore signings which helped us!

Pressure is on son.

I think you are all being really cruel.

There is no evidence that he will do a crap job, and he can always fall back on his mates, Simon, Jay and Neil.

NAd not forgetting Mr. Gilbert has an eye for a striker.

I've met Ross at Staplewood, he is no fool by any means. I'm happy with him having a bigger say into the strategy. Should be an interesting summer!
I presume your interactions with people on here is the baseline of what a fool is [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Pressure is on son.

Was he responsible for approving the hideous home shirt design?

Oh well, more cost cutting it seems, wonder where Mitchell will rock up. I think we could be in for a similar situation we had with Les Reed when Koeman was here - an engaged football manager directly advising on player purchases and a limited DoF building a reputation on the back of it. Let's hope so, it's the best outcome.

Oh well, more cost cutting it seems, wonder where Mitchell will rock up. I think we could be in for a similar situation we had with Les Reed when Koeman was here - an engaged football manager directly advising on player purchases and a limited DoF building a reputation on the back of it. Let's hope so, it's the best outcome.

Conjecture and a re-writing of history. Love it

Wilson was at the club when we signed...

van Dijk

Cedric

Redmond

Hojbjerg

Romeu

Bednarek

Lemina

Vestergaard

Gunn

Sure we've had some bad signings in that time aswell. But let's not ignore signings which helped us!

Van Dijk was the last off the Paul Mitchell scouting conveyor belt. We were linked with him before Mitchell left although the signing took place afterwards. I think he'd have taken him to Spurs but they decided on Alderweireld instead.

Not sure how people can have a valid opinion of a man they have never met nor spoken to. He can't be a fool if he keeps getting promoted. Give the man a chance.

Grant you his hideous dress sense sets him off on the wrong tack.

Might also be a refection on those promoting him.

He didn't play football but got into this line of work because his friend's dad asked him to write a report on a youth team match. He went up to Les Reed at a conference and they instantly hit it off. The rest is history: unfortunately ours.

I remember when we were first linked with him the story was that Les had identified him. That being the case we should have every confidence that he will be a resounding success. When did Les Reed's recruitment ever let us down?

• 4 weeks later...

It's rare that we actually compliment the staff behind the scenes but I think it is worth acknowledging how well Wilson has done with these two deals. Targett for 14-17m and Adams for 15m is ridiculously good business. Lets hope he continues in this vein, talk of Austin for 10m also sounds very hopeful.

It might be good business, you have two proven young English championship players moving for decent prices. Neither proven at Prem level though. I will say I’m more encouraged with our transfer strategy now (as in we have one) which at least is starting to resemble the formula which brought us a lot of success, but I’m not going to complement a dept with clear failure over the past 2 years just because they might have found a striker who can score (but might not), judgement still out.

It might be good business, you have two proven young English championship players moving for decent prices. Neither proven at Prem level though. I will say I’m more encouraged with our transfer strategy now (as in we have one) which at least is starting to resemble the formula which brought us a lot of success, but I’m not going to complement a dept with clear failure over the past 2 years just because they might have found a striker who can score (but might not), judgement still out.

Players we’ve signed that are “proven” premiership level?

Bertrand

Romeu

Ings

Redmond

Long

Players we have signed that aren’t “proven”

Mane

Pelle

Tadic

Toby

VVD

Cedric

Bednarek

Fonte

Hoj

Moi

Carillo

Lemina

Vester

Yoshida

Morgan

Wanyama

Clyne

Lambert

Tell me what players you would pick the majority from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's take a second to appreciate what ol' Ross has done in the Targett situation.

- Knew full well we wanted to sell Targett over Bertie as we had more firm interest.

- Told Villa we were unsure about selling Targett as Bertrand was ageing (despite being the better player)

- 'Leaked' stories of interest from Atletico and Inter for Bertrand and the plan to promote Targett to 1st choice

Sent Villa into panic stations, drove up the price and voila, 14-17m in the transfer kitty.

Plus playing the waiting game just the right amount of time for Adams, knowing that Brum needed cash before 1st of July to meet FFP requirements.

Very nicely done i'd say.

Err thanks for that utterly bizarre selection of unproven prem players CF - you seem to have missed about another 50 if you are going back as far as Fonte. That complete list would just confirm my point that getting a player proven in a different league is extremely hit and miss - hence congratulating ourselves seems a little premature. I do however agree on the strategy, we’re not going to be able to afford proven Prem players anyway.

Let's take a second to appreciate what ol' Ross has done in the Targett situation.

- Knew full well we wanted to sell Targett over Bertie as we had more firm interest.

- Told Villa we were unsure about selling Targett as Bertrand was ageing (despite being the better player)

- 'Leaked' stories of interest from Atletico and Inter for Bertrand and the plan to promote Targett to 1st choice

Sent Villa into panic stations, drove up the price and voila, 14-17m in the transfer kitty.

Plus playing the waiting game just the right amount of time for Adams, knowing that Brum needed cash before 1st of July to meet FFP requirements.

Very nicely done i'd say.

Cheers for the insights Ross

;)