Moussa Djenepo

SuperSAINT

Looked dynamic and unpredictable, even against the pace of Mane but it might be tough to get a look in with the players ahead of him.

Ralph started the team I thought he should start against Burnley which only really leaves Adams/Redmond positions up for the grabs (and they’re pretty nailed on starters). Now Ralph might have gone more conservative because it was Liverpool and therefore will open things up next week; but equally I wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks with it till we get a few points and confidence under our belts which I have no problems with. Just wish we had those options at CM and CB.

Small cameo but what I liked was that:

- Quick feet to beat a player from standing start. Not unlike Mane in that (who by the way is some player - better than Salah IMO)

- Nice pass selection and weight of pass

- Got stuck in and seems a good character

He will be a sub at first, but should start at Fulham.

Small cameo but what I liked was that:

- Quick feet to beat a player from standing start. Not unlike Mane in that (who by the way is some player - better than Salah IMO)

- Nice pass selection and weight of pass

- Got stuck in and seems a good character

He will be a sub at first, but should start at Fulham.

What was his yellow card for? Haven't seen it mentioned.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If we keep Djenepo, Boufal, Redmond and Armstrong as our attacking midfielders next season I think we can really push on towards Europe. Each one offers something different. However I'd hazard a guess that Boufal could be on his way, as he'd only have one year left on his contract and may not be entirely happy about spending large chunks of this season on the bench, just a hunch. However if he wants to stay, and we can get him to sign a new contract, I think we have a better foursome of attacking midfielders than a lot of other teams in the league. Then all we'd need is a striker, CM, CB and RB.

MOTD pundits doing their best to pave the way for his move to a top 4 club.

Personally I thought they overdid the praise. Yes, he's got potential but he's still raw. A second season of improving and I suspect they'll have a case though.

If we keep Djenepo, Boufal, Redmond and Armstrong as our attacking midfielders next season I think we can really push on towards Europe. Each one offers something different. However I'd hazard a guess that Boufal could be on his way, as he'd only have one year left on his contract and may not be entirely happy about spending large chunks of this season on the bench, just a hunch. However if he wants to stay, and we can get him to sign a new contract, I think we have a better foursome of attacking midfielders than a lot of other teams in the league. Then all we'd need is a striker, CM, CB and RB.

Would happily replace Boufal with Rashica from Bremen. A great young prospect just like Djenepo

Played well but needs shooting practice. He skied a couple of very decent chances yesterday

That one in the second half was funny though, his positioning and shaping was spot on just had a brain fart as he pulled the trigger - quite a few around us were laughing about it for quite a while.

As for shooting practise, watching the pre match warm up and the shooting drill Danny Ings must have hit the post more times than he scored, actually most of them rattled woodwork rather than the back of the net............so I guess it was good to see little Shane had been paying attention in training and managed to get something on the ball for our first.

A lot of people started to write Djenepo off last week on twitter :lol: Great prospect and exciting to watch

Including the club historian who clearly did not allow for extreme weather conditions affecting anyone’s performance let alone a young player like him finding his way in the English game and conditions.

I like the fact he looks like he's always on the verge of falling over when he runs.

Bags of talent, will invariably blow hot and cold but when he's on it he must be a nightmare to defend against. I really enjoy watching him because you never quite know what's going to happen next.

Reminds me of Les’ now infamous quote...

Robbed this from the Ugly Inside, but would be good if we could use it for Djenepo instead of that f*cking seven nations army song that we've now sung for, Yoshida, Gaston Ramirez, Alex McCarthy and Djenepo (and probably more too).

To the tune of the La's There She Goes,

Djenepo

Djenepo again

Racing just like Paine

And I just can’t contain

That feeling that remains

for those that don't know the tune,

Robbed this from the Ugly Inside, but would be good if we could use it for Djenepo instead of that f*cking seven nations army song that we've now sung for, Yoshida, Gaston Ramirez, Alex McCarthy and Djenepo (and probably more too).

To the tune of the La's There She Goes,

Djenepo

Djenepo again

Racing just like Paine

And I just can’t contain

That feeling that remains

for those that don't know the tune,

Some of our performances this season have made me want to take up heroin.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Some of our performances this season have made me want to take up heroin.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Save your pennies - tried it - it doesn't work.........................however I do have some stuff from my mate in the CIA that they developed with NASA and some foreign Johnnies from central America.

:p

Bain of my life that song. We also used it for Jermaine Wright, Papa Waigo and Frazer Richardson too.

Bain of my life that song. We also used it for Jermaine Wright, Papa Waigo and Frazer Richardson too.

that song pretty much sums up how sh*t our support is these days, almost every new player gets that song as standard, it's dull as f*ck

"Frazer Richardson" must have sounded awful, and I can't even work out how "Jermaine Wright" fits into the song! At least Moussa Djenepo does actually fit, ha.

I always found the "Richard Chaplow" chant amusing, just not a name that is suited to a football chant (mainly the 'Richard'). The "Rory Delap" chant was terrible because everyone started at a different point and it ended up just sounding like a tuneless speaking of his name. Not a big fan of the Shane Long chant because the original (I think?) "Giroud" worked because it rhymes with "Hey Jude". Always chuckle when we use it :lol:

Can't say I remember Richardson or Wright having any songs and that tune certainly doesn't work with their names.

They didn't have that tune and neither did Papa Waigo, he's trolling.

Papa Waigo, he's always offside....

They didn't have that tune and neither did Papa Waigo, he's trolling.

Papa Waigo, he's always offside....

Who remembers when some of our fans claimed Papa Waigo was always offside because his runs were so clever the other players we had weren’t good enough to pick them out. A few said the same about Tanadari Lee as well

he's one of our own, he's one of our owwwwnnnn

player with tentative link to Saints 12 years ago

he's one of our own

if we're going down that route what about Southampton Boys making all the noise, sung in the concourse by people that are quiet as mice in the stands

• 11 months later...
54 minutes ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

Actually thought he was probably our best player today. Made a lot of good tackles to break up their attacks and started to keep hold of the ball/win free kicks in the second half. 

So did I , thought he was head and shoulders clear motm. Best game for us so far, and I’d written him off!

• Like 2

I think he would benefit from some extended weight training to build up his upper body strength and his leg muscles. If you compare him to Sadio Mane it is clear he needs building up. Give the boy a few hearty steaks and some sessions in the gym and then unleash the beast 🤣

• Like 2