Moussa Djenepo

SuperSAINT

Gone rather quiet. I wonder if the initial request for a work permit was declined and we are now at the appeal stage (which is something we've done before' date=' I recall)?[/quote']

Perhaps. I've not really any idea of his eligibility for a work permit but they came down pretty hard on Everton's demand for a similar type of player from Nigeria last year. They had to farm him out to Turkey IIRC.

He should easily hit the criteria given he's played for the national squad since he was 18. The only potential issue could be the "governing body endorsement" given the governing bodies problems.

The rules are a bit weird, but I'd imagine the club had checked it was likely before they completed the signing.

I think the fee alone and wages probably makes him eligible if his games for Mali don't, as they are outside the top 50 rankings, I think also him having played the Europa league also helps, if they have to do the points system.

Perhaps. I've not really any idea of his eligibility for a work permit but they came down pretty hard on Everton's demand for a similar type of player from Nigeria last year. They had to farm him out to Turkey IIRC.

He had hardly only 1 or 2 friendly caps at that point though (I think they might have signed him 2 seasons ago?) as was probably 19 or so at the time. I think Djenepo is a bit more established on the international stage, but obviously being Saints we'll probably never be able to get him.

He had hardly only 1 or 2 friendly caps at that point though (I think they might have signed him 2 seasons ago?) as was probably 19 or so at the time. I think Djenepo is a bit more established on the international stage, but obviously being Saints we'll probably never be able to get him.

Its number of games for the national team over the last two years (but last year if the player is under 21), and it has to exceed 75% I think.

But I think it only applies to the top 50 ranked international teams in the world and Mali are 65th I believe.

So I think it has to move onto the 'special criteria' application, which involves stuff like the value of the transfer being a certain level, the value of the wages being a certain level (both compared to signings in the league over the last two years), number of games he played out of available games he could play for his league, games in european competitions etc.

All give you points and you need a certain amount of points to qualify.

Something like that.

Just had a little look at his YouTube highlights...I know! What i did like was that he really seems to commit to taking on the full back, in that he doesn't slow down or stop, he really goes at them and uses his momentum to get past them. When Redmond plays as a winger it frustrates me when he starts to run at them and then stops in front of them with the ball. When he does that it rarely comes to anything.

An exciting signing. Not expecting huge things for this season as its a huge step up, but over the next 3 or 4 years could be a big player for us.

Takes the pressure off Redmond slightly too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

exactly this - have to treat him a a genuine mane replacement which means taking some time to find his feet. Hard for many to do this i know but thats very much what we've bought

exactly this - have to treat him a a genuine mane replacement which means taking some time to find his feet. Hard for many to do this i know but thats very much what we've bought

Hated the fact that Mané had speed, could dribble and shoot but couldn´t pass the ball at all. I was one of those who wrote Mané off half way through his first season. Won´t do that to MD.

Tried not to write off MoEly this season, but i think i have now.

Absolutely - Mane was largely useless until Christmas of the first season, second half of the season he looked ok.

Following season he started to be class.

It will take time for sure. But the unpredictability and the raw pace certainly gives us another option. Wouldn't be surprised if he spends quite a bit of time as an impact sub to start with.

Absolutely - Mane was largely useless until Christmas of the first season, second half of the season he looked ok.

Following season he started to be class.

It will take time for sure. But the unpredictability and the raw pace certainly gives us another option. Wouldn't be surprised if he spends quite a bit of time as an impact sub to start with.

You cannot teach physical attributes. Get those physical attributes and develop the rest.