Moussa Djenepo

SuperSAINT

Bitterne? I would have expected him to be eyeing up a place in Ocean Village?

He's eyeing up an apartment in Hinkler Road. Although I understand he prefers the beautiful views of Western Shore and cosmopolitan feel of International Towers in Weston.

Bitterne? I would have expected him to be eyeing up a place in Ocean Village?

He's eyeing up an apartment in Hinkler Road. Although I understand he prefers the beautiful views of Western Shore and cosmopolitan feel of International Towers in Weston.

Me too first place I ever ever lived, Chatsworth Road behind the Cop Shop.

Blimey - I used to live in Chatsworth Road back in the 90s. Lived there for about 6 years. That was a nice road in the area and the HUmble Plum was a lovely boozer

Blimey - I used to live in Chatsworth Road back in the 90s. Lived there for about 6 years. That was a nice road in the area and the HUmble Plum was a lovely boozer

Blimey indeed - Small World - Alas I was too young to sneak down the boozer having left there when I was 4 - my Dad was Sales Manager for a detergent company - I have recall of seeing the QM depart Southampton from a prime Quayside position on his shoulders due to his dealings down the docks - He did more and more work in London and because the M3 didn't exist we moved up to the very north of Hampshire.........so still a Hog!!

hahahahahaha wonder what he was doing there

With one of the Sfc drivers who drove him around Southampton he also got out out in hedge end and west end on his travels .he’s staying in ocean village in club flat that all new signings have use of for the first 6 weeks until they find their own place

With one of the Sfc drivers who drove him around Southampton he also got out out in hedge end and west end on his travels .he’s staying in ocean village in club flat that all new signings have use of for the first 6 weeks until they find their own place

Top bloke.

Wonder if they got ripped off to the tune of £40 for hand baggage like everyone else who flies out of Southampton on Flybe...............

Wasn’t charged as the flight was late . They couldn’t have been more helpful.

I'd guess not, Hasenhuttl said he is looking for the starting XI vs Burnley to get more gametime than just a half. As Djenepro joined late in pre-season he is possibly unlikely to be ready to start on the opening day but... you never know.

I’d imagine Djenepo will probably get on in the second half at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
Who would you replace with him in our first XI?

I thought he looked decent enough today. If we are playing with more than two attacking players then he will get chances.

Unfortunately, we are so lacking in quality down the spine of the team that we seem to need to set up with 8 solid grafters to have any chance if being competitive in most matches.

Who would you replace with him in our first XI?

It's not as simple as that as I'm sure you appreciate. If/where he plays depends who we're playing and form of other players. We could go with 3 up top and he'd go out wide with 2 of Adams, Redmond or Ings. If we set up like we did today its hard to find a place for him.

It's not as simple as that as I'm sure you appreciate. If/where he plays depends who we're playing and form of other players. We could go with 3 up top and he'd go out wide with 2 of Adams, Redmond or Ings. If we set up like we did today its hard to find a place for him.

That's just it; I expect the front 3 to mostly be Redmond/Ings/Adams when we do that.

Even if he is first replacement for one of the latter two, I can't see him shifting Redmond from his spot.

We also have plenty of players who can play in a front 3, with Obafemi, Long, Boufal, Armstrong and JWP all having played in a variety of attacking positions.

I just think we needed to strengthen other areas of the team more impotently than we did attacking midfield. Especially central defence. I'm not sure if Danso can sort out the horror show we have back there all by himself.

Just to make my position clear.

I do not think that he looks like a bad player, at all.

I think he seems talented and quick.

However, he also looks like a luxury signing when we needed to improve other areas of the team more than we did attacking midfield.

A fair enough clarification. Regardless of priorities though it's just a relief to see him look better and do more in 20 odd minutes than Elyounoussi (sp) in the whole of last season.