Moussa Djenepo

SuperSAINT

Time for his own thread?

@svenclaes: Southampton have agreed terms with Mali forward Moussa Djenepo (20) from Standard de Liège. (with @bfaesen) #saintsfc

Fee: €12M + bonuses

Contract: 5 years

Medicals today in Paris

We’ve swung and missed on so many transfers of late that it’s hard to get excited anymore. But like the thinking behind the signing and think this is only the start of RH’s efforts to inject more pace and directness into the side.

We’ve swung and missed on so many transfers of late that it’s hard to get excited anymore. But like the thinking behind the signing and think this is only the start of RH’s efforts to inject more pace and directness into the side.

Pretty much how I feel.

I’m also more confident that he’s coming to a team that have a definitive direction & idea now though.

If he has pace and nothing else then he's one up on Moi already. I'll hold back on the excitement but we badly need some pace up front (from someone who's not Shane Long).

I've got a chant:

Oooohhh, Mousa Djenepo

Oooohhh, Mousa Djenepo

What do you think, Saints fans?

Spiteful nickname

Moose djene-poo

Song choices

Mousa oooooh

He comes from Mali

He f*cking hates Pompey

Clap clap clap clap clap

One mousa Djenepo

There only one mousa Djenepo

Clap clap clap clap

There a star man, playing down the right

His name is mousa Djenepo

He thinks Pompey are sh-the

Or if there aren’t songs by other clubs we can sing badly simply

moooooooooooose

Then roll about the northam like it’s the maddest thing you’ve ever done

We're clearly buying potential, I'm not sure how much we'll see of him initially
Redmond said himself he feels his best position is central.

Wouldnt be surprised if this guy is replacing him on the left.

It'll be a signing to move to a 4222 with redders and a new striker up top and djenepo and JWP in the 2 behind. Probably with Armstrong boufal and maybe lookman providing competition for the 2 behind and obafemi and ings providing competition for the front lads.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

It'll be a signing to move to a 4222 with redders and a new striker up top and djenepo and JWP in the 2 behind. Probably with Armstrong boufal and maybe lookman providing competition for the 2 behind and obafemi and ings providing competition for the front lads.

I doubt the club are pauing £20 million for Ings to just probvide competition for a new striker. I reckon Ings will turn out to be THE new striker

I doubt the club are pauing £20 million for Ings to just probvide competition for a new striker. I reckon Ings will turn out to be THE new striker

Nor the £25m it would cost to bring in Lookman. If we were going to sign a new wide forward to provide cover, it would likely be the Austrian lad.

So if this comes off does that mean that wee Ross has done good or bad... or are we staying non committal until we see him play...?

Wait to see him play, of course.

& we want him to be in the “targeted by big clubs in a year or 2” type signing, rather than the “how are we ever going to shift him” type.

So if this comes off does that mean that wee Ross has done good or bad... or are we staying non committal until we see him play...?

Wait to see him play, of course.

Surely the Saintsweb intelligentsia are wise enough to be able to judge him before they see him play rather than relying on hindsight in order to slag off the board....? ;)

we want him to be in the “targeted by big clubs in a year or 2” type signing, rather than the “how are we ever going to shift him” type

Either way its a win win for the club bashers...……….

If he`s a "Mane" the club can bashed for selling him on because he want to go...

If he`s a "Hoedt" the club can be bashed because we can`t sell him

:shakey:

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Maybe, I imagine the new guy will be Adams and they will compete for the position. Redmond will be up top for me though as support striker, we have far too many people for the two behind for redmond to be there

Obligatory YouTube video. If we are signing him, I guess this means its curtains for Sims.
Yeah I've given up on YouTube vids. Moi's YouTube video, last summer, shows him banging in goals left right and centre in a lesser league. I've become a bit jaded with our signings last couple of seasons so I'll just wait and watch him in the flesh before I get excited.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

What about a 4-2-2-2

Gunn

Valery new CB Benerek Berty

PEH Romeu

Redmond Djenepo

Ings Adams

looks decent to me. With 2 quick players that like to run at defences we will at least be exciting to watch next season

Will get completely overrun in midfield, give the ball away cheaply and concede loads of goals.

Like this season.

Looks promising, but then so did Mayuka/Carillo/MOI etc.

Hopefully this means MOI is out of the picture and good to see us getting business done early.

Anyone looked him up on FIFA/Football Manager yet?

Just to be clear, i don't think anyone thought Carillo looked promising at any point.

Spoke to some Belgian friends about him recently (well actually I was mainly asking about Maehle because one of them is a Genk fan), but they sent me this link about Djenepo which isn't in English but the video shows some of his play.

https://sporza.be/nl/2019/04/01/degryse-met-djenepo-heeft-standard-misschien-de-edmilson-van-v/

A few extra bits, either opinion from the Belgians or quotes from the article:

"oh he is talented. He is described as a playful or even slightly crazy player but at the same time a really good guy"

"at the end they say in the past year they have worked very hard on making him look around him while he's on the ball, because he used to stare into the ground too much. but they say they're now quite happy about his vision of the game, while still pulling off good dribbles"

"he's more of an attacking midfielder or winger"