Moussa Djenepo

SuperSAINT

I'm still hoping Ralph takes the chance to have a look at him in pre-season. Redmond' date=' Djenepo and Boufal competing for 2 attacking midfield roles (plus Sims as back up) would give us some depth in Ralph's 4-2-2-2 system.[/quote']

Well Ralph is nothing but consistent, he wants pace, pace, pace. By the way, I think Redmond is a striker next season. Redmond and Ings upfront, a few guys fighting for the attacking mid positions (Djenepo being one of them).

Don't want to take away from the signing, looks a good prospect, but I thought the plan was to get signings in early so that Ralph could work with them fully in pre-season. Looks like we won't see this guy until a couple of weeks before the season starts due to the AFCON. Even if Mali get knocked out in the group stages, he will then presumably get 2 or 3 weeks holiday before linking up.

I'm still hoping Ralph takes the chance to have a look at him in pre-season. Redmond' date=' Djenepo and Boufal competing for 2 attacking midfield roles (plus Sims as back up) would give us some depth in Ralph's 4-2-2-2 system.[/quote']

That would be a tasty looking (on paper) attacking midfield trio in a 4-2-3-1 - Boufal-Redmond-Djenepo with Sims, JWP, Armstrong and Elyounoussi fighting for places. Get Adams, and I'd say our attacking reinforcements are done. I'd love to see Elyounoussi come good - what a huge bonus that would be to our chances of a top 10 finish. Not sure it will happen though.

How is the name pronounced?

Don’t worry about it our fans will get it wrong and come up with some wacky nickname for him anyway.

Moose Djenepoo if he’s not brilliant after 2 games.

The Malian Jonathan Forte apparently.

scouting report from france: https://passearasgar.blogspot.com/2019/05/scouting-moussa-djenepo-standard-liege.html

Despite being fourth in the Belgian league championship playoff , Standard Liège, whose coach is Michel Preud'homme, former Benfica goalkeeper, has in his ranks one of the most valuable and desirable players in all Belgian football: Moussa Djenepo . Launched by Ricardo Sá Pinto last season, the 20-year-old Malian international began at the training camp of the Yeelen Olympique Malians, having arrived in Belgium in 2016/2017 to join the youth squad of Standard Liège and from there a small step up to the main team of the Stade Maurice Dufrasne emblem.

International for the Mali National Team on 9 occasions and with a goal scored by his selection in this year's African Nations Cup Qualifying Round, Moussa Djenepo is a striker who can play as either an extreme left-back, right-footed or a second- but feels more comfortable playing on the left flank, coming in and progressing. He has a good shot, although sometimes he does not set the goals well, he is a player who works hard for his team, is always very focused and has as great quality of the explosion and the ease of overtaking opponents in situations one to one . Playing in the attack, Djenepo creates a lot of goals, but he also knows how to score them, revealing a good finishing ability, as the 11 goals in 38 matches by Standard Liège prove.TransferMarkt , Moussa Djenepo, at the age of 20, already has some big championship clubs behind him, including Sporting Clube de Portugal, to secure their contract for the next season. Whatever club you are in, Moussa Djenepo will be more of a quality player to follow closely in the upcoming season

100 Percent a Mane. I hope the fans can be patient with him.

Seems more like a young Bolasie than a Mane to me. Excellent dribbler, fast, and strong but hasn't ever had anything close to Mane's goal return yet.

Mane managed about 1 goal every 2 league games before he joined us, Djenepo is on about 1 in 5 with a lower number of matches played

I'm excited to see what he can do, though! We've not had a properly fast player who can actually control a football for a few years now.

An exciting signing. Not expecting huge things for this season as its a huge step up, but over the next 3 or 4 years could be a big player for us.

Takes the pressure off Redmond slightly too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Not sure to be honest, too many scuffed finishes to get excited about.

Wonder how many attackers we'll play? It was often just 2 out and out attackers in a 352, or JWP or Armstrong pushed further forward.

Would like to think we'd see Redmond and Djenepo with a striker in a few games. Could even go really insane in some home games and play Boufal and Djenepo and Redmond and a striker in a 4222.

Feel like we have some decent creative options, a bit of pace and flair...but still fck all finishing ability from the strikers. Ings is average, Austin, Carillo and Long as a waste of wages.

Ings finishing is very good but he will be injured for half the season. Long showed signs of improvement after working with Hasenhuttl...I think he could have his best season yet for us.

Weird, its hard to get excited as we have bought some bigged up but ultimately disappointing players recently, just hope with still being a nipper he will adapt quickly to the league, Ralph can get him integrated quickly. Certainly looks a Hasenhuttl paced player. Think that is something we have all been crying out for in the team is pace.

Another French speaker too hopefully he will be more aligned to Valery than Lemina - although the latter might get miffed with the Fashion competition.

Only reason i'm more excited about him than under previous managers, Ralph has had a big say.

This guy will (eventually) be dynamite.

P.s. Valery is often in Lemina's Insta stories. Lemina actually seems like a nice bloke and a good laugh with squad. If you ignore him being driven around listening to french rap music.

Yep, I was impressed with that jacket he was wearing too! I wonder if he needs an EFL teacher who can head and kick a ball? Can't control it very well mind. :-)

Let's hope he continues to improve as he seems to have done over the last couple of years and like Redmond has done. Having more pace in the side to stretch defences can only be a good thing. Where does that leave Obafemi; having to work hard to get back in the team after his injury?

Nothing has been said about Sofiane Boufal by the club, all of us are assuming (and hoping?) that he will be back on 1st July and fully committed to fighting for a starting place in Ralph's new team... but will he? Perhaps too much water has passed under that particular bridge and the player himself feels so rejected by the idiotic brain-dead Hughes and the club that he has no wish whatsoever to return.

Contractually maybe he has no choice, so my guess is that his agent is working his socks off to secure him a transfer abroad before the re-assembly date to get him as far away from this madhouse as possible.

scouting report from france: https://passearasgar.blogspot.com/2019/05/scouting-moussa-djenepo-standard-liege.html

Despite being fourth in the Belgian league championship playoff , Standard Liège, whose coach is Michel Preud'homme, former Benfica goalkeeper, has in his ranks one of the most valuable and desirable players in all Belgian football: Moussa Djenepo . Launched by Ricardo Sá Pinto last season, the 20-year-old Malian international began at the training camp of the Yeelen Olympique Malians, having arrived in Belgium in 2016/2017 to join the youth squad of Standard Liège and from there a small step up to the main team of the Stade Maurice Dufrasne emblem.

International for the Mali National Team on 9 occasions and with a goal scored by his selection in this year's African Nations Cup Qualifying Round, Moussa Djenepo is a striker who can play as either an extreme left-back, right-footed or a second- but feels more comfortable playing on the left flank, coming in and progressing. He has a good shot, although sometimes he does not set the goals well, he is a player who works hard for his team, is always very focused and has as great quality of the explosion and the ease of overtaking opponents in situations one to one . Playing in the attack, Djenepo creates a lot of goals, but he also knows how to score them, revealing a good finishing ability, as the 11 goals in 38 matches by Standard Liège prove.TransferMarkt , Moussa Djenepo, at the age of 20, already has some big championship clubs behind him, including Sporting Clube de Portugal, to secure their contract for the next season. Whatever club you are in, Moussa Djenepo will be more of a quality player to follow closely in the upcoming season

Extreme left-back? I like that a lot.

Sounds like he will be making last-ditch tackles and bailing out our defence. Then he'll have to get a wriggle on and peg it back down the wing to put some crosses in. Presumably he'll be shot after 25 minutes but the crowd will love him.

Extreme left-back? I like that a lot.

Sounds like he will be making last-ditch tackles and bailing out our defence. Then he'll have to get a wriggle on and peg it back down the wing to put some crosses in. Presumably he'll be shot after 25 minutes but the crowd will love him.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Nothing has been said about Sofiane Boufal by the club, all of us are assuming (and hoping?) that he will be back on 1st July and fully committed to fighting for a starting place in Ralph's new team... but will he? Perhaps too much water has passed under that particular bridge and the player himself feels so rejected by the idiotic brain-dead Hughes and the club that he has no wish whatsoever to return.

Contractually maybe he has no choice, so my guess is that his agent is working his socks off to secure him a transfer abroad before the re-assembly date to get him as far away from this madhouse as possible.

All of us? Maybe one or two. He won't be back on 1st July anyway, he was named in the Morocco squad for AFCON 2019, so according to the schedule he will be in the squad to play South Africa that day. If he does come back, don't expect to see him until the end of July, like Djenepo, because he will get 2-3 weeks holiday after the tournament finishes, and Morrocco are likely to feature longer than Mali. Can't see him coming back myself. Ralph may be able to work wonders on him, but changing him from a talented individual into a useful team player will take some special skills and hard work.

Don't want to take away from the signing, looks a good prospect, but I thought the plan was to get signings in early so that Ralph could work with them fully in pre-season. Looks like we won't see this guy until a couple of weeks before the season starts due to the AFCON. Even if Mali get knocked out in the group stages, he will then presumably get 2 or 3 weeks holiday before linking up.

I;mpleased we have signed him, and that is better than signing him on the last transfer day.

Meanwhile it is our defence that needs bolstering. And it really is crucial that we bring in whoever Ralph wants with plenty of pre-season time to work on.

Couple Of good touches his positioning and covering so far very good tracking well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops poor tackle got a yellow .Going forward he isn’t being helped by Mali 9 who couldn’t trap bag of cement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk