Gao FT article

Delmary

Jan is THE worst time to buy now, over priced and panic buys galore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not the point, the club gambled by shipping those players out without replacements. And Ralph later admitted that he was worried when the already sparse attack got lighter when Obafemi got injured. The criticism remains valid even if they got away with it.

So nothing to do with Ralph wanting to work with a smaller more committed squad then? They (whoever “They” are) gambled.....

"They" being the people in the club making these decisions, and Ralph wants a smaller squad in the long term. We were not dealing with a VVD situation with players downing tools. Having Cedric and Gabby as backups wasn't going to weaken the squad over 3 months.

That's not the point, the club gambled by shipping those players out without replacements. And Ralph later admitted that he was worried when the already sparse attack got lighter when Obafemi got injured. The criticism remains valid even if they got away with it.

Ralph gambled, not the club. Ralph also stated he wouldn't sign players, for the sake of it and if they don't bring extra qualities he wants.

Really don't get what fans want, if for example, we had signed Maehle for £22 million in Jan and he didn't quite work out, people would be asking for heads to roll. Instead we wait until the summer, look at all the options and act sensibly, people still are not happy and have a pop at Gao. Odd. Odd. Odd. There was no way we were getting relegated once Ralph came in, any football person knew that.

In summary: Stop playing Football Manager and Fifa.

"They" being the people in the club making these decisions, and Ralph wants a smaller squad in the long term. We were not dealing with a VVD situation with players downing tools. Having Cedric and Gabby as backups wasn't going to weaken the squad over 3 months.

I’m not quite sure of your precise role in the club so, for the time being, will assume you have no idea who made which decisions.

Ralph gambled, not the club. Ralph also stated he wouldn't sign players, for the sake of it and if they don't bring extra qualities he wants.

Really don't get what fans want, if for example, we had signed Maehle for £22 million in Jan and he didn't quite work out, people would be asking for heads to roll. Instead we wait until the summer, look at all the options and act sensibly, people still are not happy and have a pop at Gao. Odd. Odd. Odd. There was no way we were getting relegated once Ralph came in, any football person knew that.

In summary: Stop playing Football Manager and Fifa.

Not straight after the home Cardiff defeat! After the window closed we had a dodgy spell, and Ralph was wondering if they'd done the right thing. Fortunately Valery only missed one match, and Ralph produced miracles from a squad with glaring holes.

Anyway, my point was very simple. You're confusing posters not wanting Cedric and Gabby shipped out (without replacements) with posters wanting to bring in new players for the sake of it ("panic buys"). There were a bunch of us in the former camp, but I don't remember any from the latter.

I’d be worried if Ralph had problems with Gao but looking at his recent article it seems as if he is perfectly happy here and with the situation. He will know better than any poster here what is going on within the club and doesn’t look like the kind of guy who would keep his mouth shut if he thought anything dodgy was going on.

I’d be worried if Ralph had problems with Gao but looking at his recent article it seems as if he is perfectly happy here and with the situation. He will know better than any poster here what is going on within the club and doesn’t look like the kind of guy who would keep his mouth shut if he thought anything dodgy was going on.

With respect, I very much doubt he will have the first clue about Gao's financial situation. It was reported that our board couldn't answer questions put to them by the PL so I doubt Ralph can.

Having said that, I agree that it looks (although it's early stages) that he is feeling well supported. I speculated that the lack of fanfare about replacing Leslie Reed might indicate that we plan to give the first team manager a bigger say in things and perhaps that is indeed the case.

But still what do you think he's gonna say..that he's not happy and this club sucks and he's only here to get a move to a bigger club? players and managers in general are programmed to say what the supporters and owners of the club want to hear.

Here's an article about West brom's Chinese owner. Interesting what he said when he bought the baggies

"When Lai bought the club he said he wanted it to remain ‘self-sustaining’, and the only investment he has made since is a £6m purchase of Chinese striker Zhang Yuning".

Guochuan Lai tells West Brom he can't settle £4.1m debt because of Chinese government restrictions

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/06/18/guochuan-lai-tells-west-brom-he-cant-settle-41m-debt-because-of-chinese-government-restrictions/

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Just read a report on the UI about the fan forum at Staplewood yesterday, if you believe the club are now being more open and honest then this snippet might nark the haters

"Ownership; Gao (like mentioned in previous articles) is in it for long term and fully invested. Wants to also improve local area"

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/243778/behind-closed-doors-fans-forum/#3

Just read a report on the UI about the fan forum at Staplewood yesterday, if you believe the club are now being more open and honest then this snippet might nark the haters

"Ownership; Gao (like mentioned in previous articles) is in it for long term and fully invested. Wants to also improve local area"

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/243778/behind-closed-doors-fans-forum/#3

That's just nice words really with very little evidence thus far to suggest that is the case (and no evidence that he has the funds available to make any improvements.)

Not having a go (or Goa if you like?) but how is this supposed to be funny, let alone Saints related? Lack of footy maybe, or just me?

God forbid that something wast saint related, or ‘let alone’ Saints related. Time is precious and use well,

Mind I have just perused the word association thread. Psychologist can no doubt explain what is going on there. The close season may be to blame.