What represents success for Saints?

Dusic

Top ten is asking a hell of a lot. I'd be pleased with a season where we don't look like relegation candidates.

Top 6, Everton, Leicester, Wham. All will have failed massively if they finish below us next season. 10th is the new 7th. If we achieve that we'll have had a great season.

According to Adam Blackmore, 9th to 14th is a realistic target.

Nice to see another poster from Devon.

Yes, it has to be realistic given 17th and 16th with sub-40 point totals and the appalling mess Les Reed created with the squad, not least peeing the VVD windfall away and the GK situation. Going in the right direction again but will take time.

Not so long ago, we were a win away from fourth. Last season, didn’t we have top half form under Ralph? We should aim for 7th but I’d be happy with 10th. Below that, not so happy.
To finish 7th we would likely need to finish ahead of all of Leicester, West Ham, Wolves and Everton.

Personally will be very suprised if we managed to get more points than any of those.

IMO we are competing with the likes of Palace, Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton etc. Finish above all those and we will be comfortable 11th or 12th.

To finish 7th we would likely need to finish ahead of all of Leicester, West Ham, Wolves and Everton.

Personally will be very suprised if we managed to get more points than any of those.

IMO we are competing with the likes of Palace, Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton etc. Finish above all those and we will be comfortable 11th or 12th.

Exactly. Teams we should expect to finish above are the promoted teams, Burnley, Newcastle, maybe Palace depending on their outgoing transfers.

The rest of the league has a bigger budget and more ambition than we do.

yes, Leicester/Wolves/West Ham/Everton are the likelier candidates for 7/8/9/10.

Although think Wolves will have a slight second season syndrome (shouldn't drop off a cliff though mind), and with Europa League to account for too.

11th, coupled with some good away days and some decent 'biggish' wins will be okay for me I think realistically. 7th or higher is dreamland.

Although- I would also accept 15th/16th/17th and a cup win (yes I know that rarely happens anyway before MLG comes) :D

We beat three of those teams and none of them looked anything special. West Ham were decent but something of an enigma over the course of a season and only finished one win above Palace.

7th is doable. We may be competing against teams with bigger budgets but all that really seems to mean is they're paying more to land similar targets. Look at Everton, spending £90m combined on Tosun, Walcott and Richarlison.

I think the absolute pinnacle of what we could achieve without massive overhaul to the game in general is a Europa League win.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yep. Like I said, would be nice if it was expanded so we could play in it every year and the Champions League was expanded too to get any remaining big clubs out of our competition.

We beat three of those teams and none of them looked anything special. West Ham were decent but something of an enigma over the course of a season and only finished one win above Palace.

7th is doable. We may be competing against teams with bigger budgets but all that really seems to mean is they're paying more to land similar targets. Look at Everton, spending £90m combined on Tosun, Walcott and Richarlison.

All those teams have better CBs than us and more goal threats.

No chance of us finishing above all four with the squad we have, one that has almost been relegated the last two seasons whilst some of these breezed top half finishes without even playing that well.

Ralph is a great Manager but be realistic or you will end up disappointed.

IMO there are 5 tiers in the PL:

Top 2

Next 4

Top 6 Challengers

Solid Mid Table

Relegation Candidates

We need to leave tier 5 behind and look to win tier 4. If we are above the likes of Watford, Bournemouth and Palace it will represent a big improvement.