2019/20 Fixtures - Burnley (A) First

whelk

Could be top 4 come end of September. Only game out of that lot I wouldn’t fancy us picking anything up in is victims home (who knows how they’ll start - will Mane and Salah be tired from ACON?) and Spurs away.

That being said, most of them are away, so we could also easily be bottom!

Not a bad start, tough but winnable away games mixed with unlikely but you never know home games. Good to get Utd at home early, before they sack OGS and get someone decent in. Liverpool will come immediately after a midweek European Super Cup game against Chelsea, which might be a small distraction.

Decent looking end to the season, although April looks a bit rough.

Three of our first four home games are Liverpool, ManU and Chelsea. Tough, but I'd say it's the best time to play them. It's not unusual for one or more if the big teams to have a slow start before they get into their stride. Way better than late on when they're fighting for every point.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Three of our first four home games are Liverpool, ManU and Chelsea. Tough, but I'd say it's the best time to play them. It's not unusual for one or more if the big teams to have a slow start before they get into their stride. Way better than late on when they're fighting for every point.

agreed, and all three of those big clubs have something which may work in our favour!

hopefully Liverpool can have a tough game in Istanbul going all the way to penalties before coming to ours, United with OGS I expect to be slightly rubbish given their capitulation towards the end last season, and if Lampard is in charge of Chelsea then for him to be outfoxed by Ralph is my optimistic outlook!

Burnley away will be tough tbh- think it will be a draw- though dependent on transfers etc there is still a long way to go before any predictions can be made.

But we do need a good start against Burnley. Early three points to give confidence fir the tough home games.

I’d much rather have a sh*tty start with those home games than do what we did under MoPe, p*ss away all our easy home fixtures early on and claim we were doing well because we were 8th in October. Not that I think Ralph would have us playing that badly but I always prefer to get the bad news first.

agreed, and all three of those big clubs have something which may work in our favour!

hopefully Liverpool can have a tough game in Istanbul going all the way to penalties before coming to ours, United with OGS I expect to be slightly rubbish given their capitulation towards the end last season, and if Lampard is in charge of Chelsea then for him to be outfoxed by Ralph is my optimistic outlook!

Burnley away will be tough tbh- think it will be a draw- though dependent on transfers etc there is still a long way to go before any predictions can be made.

Didn't manage it for two games in the Cup last season, although hopefully a Ralph inspired pre-season will have us firing a lot better.

Didn't manage it for two games in the Cup last season, although hopefully a Ralph inspired pre-season will have us firing a lot better.

Indeed. We had a largely depleted squad for both of those games, and Elyounoussi was on the pitch. Will be a different story with a few new signings and a fully fit squad after a RH pre-season.

Liverpool play the UEFA Super Cup on Aug 14 in Turkey.

good as time as any to be playing them straight after that longish trip. Burnely, Brighton, Manu and Liverpool in first four games. Feels like a good opportunity to lay a marker down for the season. If we can get results at those four confidence could be brimming...

Not winning at home until November.

If it comes down to the last three games to stay up, that's not a bad set.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Yes it seems alot of fans look at the run in rather than how it begins .............suppose survival plans need to be

taken into account given our recent past histories. But its an overall decent set of big uns and winnable ones .

Interesting to see how differently people interpret the fixtures, that looks a horrific start to me. Away to "lesser" sides who are tough to beat or riding high, home to one of the best sides in the world and then United who are always tough, away to Spurs, home to the team that are desperate to beat us at St Marys...someone said we could be top 4 by the end of september, I think it's more likely we'll be rock bottom!

Just has an email from the club to add them to your calendar [emoji106]
Subscribe to Saints fixtures on Google Calendar and they load automatically, including rearranged matches. Mine appeared this morning.

The Norwich and Chelsea games will be on Amazon prime

Norwich at home on a Wednesday night in December live on the internet, they'll have to introduce a new even cheaper category of pricing for that one.