Women's World Cup

spyinthesky

Have found myself watching a few games and appreciating the significant improvement in skill and fitness levels in the female game.

I once watched a few minutes of a local women's game a few years back and the standard was less than youth level

I played at a decent level in my youth and I wonder how the current top level of the women's game would compare with our performances.

I think it would compare pretty favourably in many aspects although the standard of goalkeeping and heading may possibly be areas for discussion in view of the increased size and ability of men in these positions, even at amateur level.

Thanks for that contribution. Quite original.

Pretty sure the original poster asked what level women’s football is compared to men’s.

Recently a study was undertaken, and a full international women’s side lost heavily to a u19 men’s side.

So yes, my contribution is very useful.

I’d imagine there is only one reason you watch women’s football, because you are a pervert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering a u19 men’s squad recently beat a full international women’s team, I’d say, it’s tosh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was this an actual game as I understood the FA did not countenance mixed games

Where did the U19 mens squad come from?

That said I would expect a decent professional or semi professional mens team to beat an International womens team.

I was really comparing a local mens amateur team in the comparison

I like women’s gymnastics. Different sport to the men’s gymnastics.

Other than that, women’s elite sport is typically at the level of a good male amateur or semi-pro and, in my opinion, not particularly interesting as a spectacle. Obviously there are exceptions in less mainstream sports like ultra-marathons, free-diving etc.

I like women’s gymnastics. Different sport to the men’s gymnastics.

Other than that, women’s elite sport is typically at the level of a good male amateur or semi-pro and, in my opinion, not particularly interesting as a spectacle. Obviously there are exceptions in less mainstream sports like ultra-marathons, free-diving etc.

I genuinely enjoy women's hockey far more than mens at the Olympics.

But who am I kidding.

https://images.app.goo.gl/y7ZxqQ51S5Eh6E2A6

Edited by CB Fry

I genuinely enjoy women's hockey far more than mens at the Olympics.

Bit who am I kidding.

https://images.app.goo.gl/y7ZxqQ51S5Eh6E2A6

A great example. Like women’s tennis, one watches solely for a glimpse of gusset.

I played hockey to a reasonable level and I can assure you that a good boys u18 team would win Olympic women’s gold if they were competing.

A great example. Like women’s tennis, one watches solely for a glimpse of gusset.

I played hockey to a reasonable level and I can assure you that a good boys u18 team would win Olympic women’s gold if they were competing.

If you want to knock one out to 11 eighteen year old boys then all power to you mate.