San Siro

spyinthesky

Apparently there are plans to demolish it and replace the stadium with a new one next door.

Although it was a disappointing result in a game we really should have won, there were around 7,000 of us who were there to put on an excellent level of support possibly unrivalled for English teams in the stadium.

One to remember for many of us.

I’ve ticked off watching a game in most of the iconic European stadia.

Never imagined that one would have been actually watching Saints. Great trip apart from inadvertently ordering a veggie burger.

Apparently it will be used for the opening/closing ceremonies for the Winter Olympics (Milan + Cortina) 2026 before it can be demolished.

But considering the speed that Italians achieve things, this should be no problem (I am watching intently to see if they'll be ready to hoist the Ryder Cup 2022 near Rome hoho)

Apparently there are plans to demolish it and replace the stadium with a new one next door.

Although it was a disappointing result in a game we really should have won, there were around 7,000 of us who were there to put on an excellent level of support possibly unrivalled for English teams in the stadium.

One to remember for many of us.

Growing up watching Football Italia, Inter were always my Italian team. Going to the San Siro, and meeting up with a group of friends I hadn't seen in 15 years was a very special experience for me. So glad that I got to experience it before it gets knocked down.

Loved that away day, hopefully not a once in a lifetime... But if it was no regrets! The strike thankfully didn't effect our party, with easy travel in and out at Linate airport.

Couldn't help but feel that as impressive as the San Siro is they certainly don't make them like that anymore. The concrete shell that comprised the upper tier with the various amenities and walkways stuck on the outside of it.

Even that beer with alcohol isn't great. The Birreria Lambrate after the game, on the other hand, was great! Full of Saints fans but a really relaxed atmosphere too. Don't know his name (Tubby?) but when I saw him there too I knew the beer would be good: that crowd do hours of research!

Glad I went, shame about the result and our inability to score. Perhaps the new ground will have paper in the ladies toilets..

It'd be nice to have another opportunity for a saints jaunt abroad in the next few years.