Pre-Season 2019 Thread

SuperSAINT

Tom O'Connor on the bench - one of our better u23s, I think.

Neat and tidy, lovely left peg, could potentially be a modern ball-playing holding midfielder.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Yeah, hes always looked cool, calm and composed for the under 23s. Got a great left foot on him too!

HT.

We've pressed well when we've been out of possession and should really be a few more ahead. Unfortunately the defensive trio look full of mistakes, JB was lucky prior to our first goal with a poor header back to Gunn which a PNE player intercepted before hitting the side netting.

HT.

We've pressed well when we've been out of possession and should really be a few more ahead. Unfortunately the defensive trio look full of mistakes, JB was lucky prior to our first goal with a poor header back to Gunn which a PNE player intercepted before hitting the side netting.

So we're playing 3 CBs and 2 wingbacks? Not the 4-2-2-2 we played in the opener?

Understated. No really incisive passing or Romeu's dominant tackling. But calm' date=' confident and composed - a little in the style of Spiderman. Stitched the game together nicely. Won't get in the first XI, but made a good impression.[/quote']

He’s often more effective further forward. Has a hell of a shot on him.

Does the season start tomorrow bed wetter??

Given that they weren't on the bench either I presume there'll be a few first teamers already guaranteed for the China trip: Romeu, JWP, Yoshida, Valery, McCarthy, Mo. I wonder if any of the shop window mob will go, in the hope they get left behind or bought by some local team with more money than sense? Who else will go, does anyone wish to speculate?