Pre-Season 2019 Thread

SuperSAINT

Notable is the pressing and passing through the lines. Although Che's goal was a keeper error it's good to see him hitting it hard and quickly not allowing the keeper to set himself.

Interesting to hear the announcement of the prize draw for the Saints shirts; Portuguese, Chinese (Cantonese?) and then English.

Notable is the pressing and passing through the lines. Although Che's goal was a keeper error it's good to see him hitting it hard and quickly not allowing the keeper to set himself.

Interesting to hear the announcement of the prize draw for the Saints shirts; Portuguese, Chinese (Cantonese?) and then English.

Yep Cantonese.

Tuned in for the second half, all a bit samey - go down a wing, low pass towards the six yard box. Opposition have figured that one out and we keep trying it. I appreciate however that we're 3-0 up and all the first-teamers came off at half time.

Ssshh. Apparently it's not OK to praise him and anyone who does is an idiot as the perceived 'wisdom' on here is that he is rubbish and a million miles from ever being a Premier League player.

Of course, if you watch him play, you can't help noticing the fact that he is a very good central defender.

Have to say that as far as I can remember, Fraser's one meaningful contribution was to kick the ball long once, and he didn't do that very well at all. Just sayin'.

Think that's a bit unfair from what I've seen. My stream seems to have gone back to pre-match!

Ssshh. Apparently it's not OK to praise him and anyone who does is an idiot as the perceived 'wisdom' on here is that he is rubbish and a million miles from ever being a Premier League player.

Imagine having people disagree with you that he isn't better than Upamecano and taking from it that "it's not ok to praise him". Also, I don't know if you are watching the game but i'd say the oppo are a reasonable way off premier league standard.

You can hear RH guiding the team with instructions on the touch line. Sounds so positive and passionate. Constantly telling the team to move it quickly and thread the ball into the pockets. The players are really responding. Give that man a 5yr deal with a 100m buy out ASAP. He basically is Southampton FC.

This is our best pre-season since Koeman's team in 2015. when there was similar positivity and we also scored a lot of goals.

PS, Who exactly stated he was better than Upemecano??? I simply asked the question Is Upemecano better than Klarer and got a lot of abuse but no sensible answers. To be honest, I have never seen Upemecano play a match live so I am not in a position to judge him. He has a very good reputation and sounds like a very good player. However, I have seen Klarer play and think he will be a good Premier League central defender for us in the near future.

Behave. Looking composed in a friendly against a Chinese pub team does not make someone ready for the Premier league.

Imagine having people disagree with you that he isn't better than Upamecano and taking from it that "it's not ok to praise him". Also, I don't know if you are watching the game but i'd say the oppo are a reasonable way off premier league standard.

I guess that like you I'm going to have to imagine it as I never said it. You might care to read what I actually wrote as opposed to what someone like you pretended I'd written.

I guess that like you I'm going to have to imagine it as I never said it. You might care to read what I actually wrote as opposed to what someone like you pretended I'd written.

You responded to transfer speculation with "Is he really better than Klarer?" which we all thought was very funny as he has never played a senior game and Upamecano is starting most games for a champions league side. While we are at it, can you find an example of anyone saying "it's not OK to praise him and anyone who does is an idiot as the perceived 'wisdom' on here is that he is rubbish and a million miles from ever being a Premier League player." as that is far more of a ridiculous characterisation. Some people said he was a bit raw and needed time but that's it.

Behave. Looking composed in a friendly against a Chinese pub team does not make someone ready for the Premier league.

It must be a bloody big pub. They've got a 58,000 capacity stadium and according to Forbes, are the most valuable football team in China, with a team value of US$282 million and have got through to the final four of the FIFA Club World Cup as champions of Asia twice, before losing semi-finals to Bayern Munich and Barcelona.

It must be a bloody big pub. They've got a 58,000 capacity stadium and according to Forbes, are the most valuable football team in China, with a team value of US$282 million and have got through to the final four of the FIFA Club World Cup as champions of Asia twice, before losing semi-finals to Bayern Munich and Barcelona.

They must be good then. Did you watch that game? Our youth team beat them 4-0. Are you Klarer's dad or something?!

All this hoping that young Saints players will fail makes me laugh because our Academy has produced so many good young players over the years and Klarer looks like another one who is going to make the grade.

No one hopes they will fail, we just don't think he is there quite yet. Looks talented but a bit raw, hopefully will come good in the coming year or two. You however seem to be hilariously obsessed with him.

You responded to transfer speculation with "Is he really better than Klarer?" which we all thought was very funny as he has never played a senior game and Upamecano is starting most games for a champions league side. While we are at it, can you find an example of anyone saying "it's not OK to praise him and anyone who does is an idiot as the perceived 'wisdom' on here is that he is rubbish and a million miles from ever being a Premier League player." as that is far more of a ridiculous characterisation. Some people said he was a bit raw and needed time but that's it.

No, I didn't. Didn't the wording of my original question suit your agenda of trying to sound superior? Give up. You just sound like a boring know-all, who doesn't really know much.

Wrong Guangzhou, muppet. You're talking about Evergrande.

Whatever, they are a sh1t team.

You can hear RH guiding the team with instructions on the touch line. Sounds so positive and passionate. Constantly telling the team to move it quickly and thread the ball into the pockets. The players are really responding. Give that man a 5yr deal with a 100m buy out ASAP. He basically is Southampton FC.

This. 100%

Couldn't see JWP, Stephens, Vestergaard or Romeu in the Dublin pics but assume they are there, unless injured.

Interesting no squad list announced for that group...

Spotted Vestergaard in pics today but no sign of the other three.

Stephens played vs Preston but not seen since.

JWP and Romeu didnt play that game but may have played versus Brentford perhaps. Doesnt seem like they are training in Ireland and no official squad released.

Possible injuries there?

That's Gangzhou Evergrande that you're talking about. We played Gangzhou R&F who are the Eastleigh of Gangzhou.

We are doing a lot of moving around pre-season, Austria, China, Ireland and now off to Holland.

When is the squad all back together at Staplewood?

Certainly seems a bit disjointed, with the start of the season only just round the corner.