Pre-Season 2019 Thread

SuperSAINT

Can’t we have one summer without ITK hint hint sh1te if you know something post it if not save it for the pub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn’t trying to make out I was in the know. The rumour was that there has been a bust up between RH and his nos 2. I really don’t know if it’s true, I was hoping not but it seems strange and I was hoping someone on here knew something. I am very sorry if my post irritated you.

Agreed. Not much marking going on. I don't think we expected them to be so up for this. Midfield very lightweight

Sims and Ely especially. Hoj and Romeu not even looking to playing through them. Going very early and direct to Adams and to a lesser extent Long.

Sims and Ely especially. Hoj and Romeu not even looking to playing through them. Going very early and direct to Adams and to a lesser extent Long.

That is how Hasenhuttl's 4222 system worked at RB Leipzig. You go direct to the quick strikers, if they get it great, if they don't then the opponent is on the back foot trying to deal with it and stretched out of position and you counter press high up the pitch. Hard to do with Elyounoussi... as he is ****! :D

That is how Hasenhuttl's 4222 system worked at RB Leipzig. You go direct to the quick strikers, if they get it great, if they don't then the opponent is on the back foot trying to deal with it and stretched out of position and you counter press high up the pitch. Hard to do with Elyounoussi... as he is ****! :D

Yeah both wingers letting us down in this system. Doing nothing with the ball, very ineffective without it as well.

I know but you’d expect Sims and Elyounoussi to be more involved and there’d be a bit more variety in play. It also makes it hard to get the fullbacks involved as they can’t possibly get up the pitch in such quick time. Anyway it’s preseason and all taken with a pinch of salt.

I know but you’d expect Sims and Elyounoussi to be more involved and there’d be a bit more variety in play. It also makes it hard to get the fullbacks involved as they can’t possibly get up the pitch in such quick time. Anyway it’s preseason and all taken with a pinch of salt.

A front four of Redmond, Djenepro, Ings & Adams would be interesting to see using the style.

Gunn

Valery Bednarek Vestergaard Bertrand

Ward-Prowse Hojbjerg

Redmond Djenepro

Ings Adams

A front four of Redmond, Djenepro, Ings & Adams would be interesting to see using the style.

Gunn

Ward-Prowse Hojbjerg

Redmond Djenepro

Ings Adams

not a particularly good team to be fair

Gunn

Ward-Prowse Hojbjerg

Redmond Djenepro

Ings Adams

If it’s based on your fm ratings, you would want Stephens, Moi and Reed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunn

Ward-Prowse Hojbjerg

Redmond Djenepro

Ings Adams

Ridiculous team. Far too lightweight in in the middle. That team would get torn to pieces by a quick, strong midfield and attack. I would say as important as a decent centre back is a proper defensive midfielder in the wanyama mould to sit in front of them.

Ridiculous team. Far too lightweight in in the middle. That team would get torn to pieces by a quick, strong midfield and attack. I would say as important as a decent centre back is a proper defensive midfielder in the wanyama mould to sit in front of them.

Agree JWP isn’t a holding midfielder. We might get away with an attacking four if we bring in a more mobile upgrade on Romeu. But if we’re starting Romeu and Hoj, JWP will move further up and provide a bit more balance while one of Redmond, Djenepo, Ings or Adams will give way.

Hmm, the defence looked less vulnerable in the second half, but that was probably Altach tiring? Our forwards seemed less likely to score too although Redmond was lively. Dan N'D looks a unit but him and Obafemi look a bit raw. None of the kids looked out of place, no Lee Todds there (one for the older fans..). JWP had a bit of bite even in a friendly.

Gunn

Ward-Prowse Hojbjerg

Redmond Djenepro

Ings Adams

Christ with the team we'd have to score 8 a game just to draw.