Jeff Goldblum Glastonbury

simo

I agree with this, we should own it, but only WE can say the Scum word.

We could be Scummers with Attitude, shorten it to SWA. Greet each other with, 'How are you, My scummer', 'Hey my SCummer' and, when we score and VAR rules it off side, 'The ref is a ScummerF*cker.'

And also make it plain that only WE can use the S word, others can't use the S word, as it is totally inappropriate for those not born Scummers to the use S word.

I can imagine it now in the Stands:

Straight Outa Northam

F*CK THE POM-PEY

MUSH, MUSH

EXPRESS YOUR DISPLEASURE...(at Boufal)

(You would have to know the NWA songs to get my jist)

:):lol:

Edited by Secret Site Agent

preferred the days when we were shouting "scummer" at Darren Anderton myself.

See, that was appropriate, he was a Southampton lad, a Saints fan but he chose to go down there. He was a 'scummer' to them and even more so to us for being a traitor.

Thing is Saints fans started the initial 'scum' thing after a testimonial down there for John Milkens. The bitterness was bubbling up after we took over in the 60s and hooliganism was really kicking in. Plenty of Saints fans went to the game, many in their fratton end celebrating as each goal went in in a 7-0 thrashing. This was the tipping point when it all went sour and a number of Saints fans got blind-sided and took a kicking. That's when the 'scum' bit came about, some started refering to them as 'scum-pey' instead of 'pom'. But, tbh, we quickly moved on as our paths went in different directions, as they sunk lower the bitterness went into overdrive and they adopted/adpated it to 'scummers', and the rule was to never utter the word 'Southampton' again, they use to turn into dribbling wrecks at the mere mention :lol: