LD Sports

Yorkshire Saint

I'm surprised there hasn't been more coverage of this, perhaps the new board will explain a bit more but on the face of it these cowboys have to be the strangest sponsorship deal in Premier league history.

What exactly is it they are using our shirts to advertise? What happened to those claims people found online about being HQ in Southampton?

• 3 weeks later...
The website has been updated.

It seems to be all about SFC rather than their own company (ain't that a surprise). The link's to what they do and who they are, aren't up and running which is a bit weird unless it is a bogus company. Surely that can't be the case!!!!! Who are LD Sport and what do they do? All their website tells me is who Saints are next playing and the players squad numbers.

Just me that is completely flummoxed by that website? Can't even begin to work out what kind of company they are pretending to be. Just seem's to be an extension of the clubs OS.

Yep still zero on what they actually do - stuff lifted from the OS, though none of the links work if you want to read further.

The menu panel across the top refers to various media activities/outputs (programs, live broadcasts, videos) which is intriguing but doesn't link to anything.

At the bottom "footer" - there's a link to "about LD sports" (as well as links to IP infringement and advertising) but again its not active.

The Sfc article says that their platform "has now launched for the Chinese market" - I guess they're just not that bothered about their UK website - which is logical enough if their market is China.

And a link to their Chinese website?? There's no ldsports.cn or ldsprots.com

Where have Danny Knox and Gary Diaz gone? Instead we have two moonlighting LD Sports reps who look like they’ve had a quick shower and dust down after spending the day with other triad members beating up HK civilians in the latest round of protests and reprisals.

Edited by shurlock

The Sfc article says that their platform "has now launched for the Chinese market" - I guess they're just not that bothered about their UK website - which is logical enough if their market is China.

I heard that the owner of LD Sports fell in love with Southampton and wants to retire here.

It's a phased roll-out.

Just me that is completely flummoxed by that website? Can't even begin to work out what kind of company they are pretending to be. Just seem's to be an extension of the clubs OS.
And not a single squirrel in sight. Hashtag disappointed :(

Oh looky here it was in plain sight all the time, he wants to promote/use saints to promote his company.

Nov 3 2016 article.

LD sports is Gao [emoji848]

"Jisheng has also launched Lander E-sports, a Macau-based broadcasting company.

This subsidiary aims to tap into the international market of sports games and broadcasting, by organizing video game contests covering 20 million participants and 100 million viewers.

Lander has also established a sports trading centre, acquired Asian Professional Basketball Management and Development and partnered with China Sports Publications Corporation."

Source https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14839465.amp/

• 5 weeks later...
Yup the logo on their shirts looks even worse than ours!!

But have KELME managed to apply the logo to the Espanyol shirts? There don't seem to be any available from the club store with the LD Sports logo on them, they all still have the Mexican tourist board logo in the pictures with a note saying the shirts are no longer in stock with the same "attributes" as the picture.

Oh looky here it was in plain sight all the time, he wants to promote/use saints to promote his company.

Nov 3 2016 article.

LD sports is Gao [emoji848]

"Jisheng has also launched Lander E-sports, a Macau-based broadcasting company.

This subsidiary aims to tap into the international market of sports games and broadcasting, by organizing video game contests covering 20 million participants and 100 million viewers.

Lander has also established a sports trading centre, acquired Asian Professional Basketball Management and Development and partnered with China Sports Publications Corporation."

Source https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14839465.amp/

No, it isn't. Gao owns no part of LD Sports.

Sorry, forgot the sarcasm smilie!

That's all right. It shouldn't have been necessary. I was a bit slow on the uptake. But, there are still a few people on here who still appear to believe that LD Sports is some sort of dodgy deal orchestrated by Gao, when in fact all such high profile deals will have been approved by the Chinese government.