BBC's high earners

OldNick

Abslutely bonkers how much these people are paid. Shearer is an ok pundit but 440kreally, Vanessa Feltz who listens to her. There are not lots of people knocking on the door for these people and so there is no need for these high salaries.

I doubt the quality would change if the BBC hired unknowns on 100k

Also the bloated BBC employing 1000 more staff with a lower amount of money in.

Abslutely bonkers how much these people are paid. Shearer is an ok pundit but 440kreally, Vanessa Feltz who listens to her. There are not lots of people knocking on the door for these people and so there is no need for these high salaries.

I doubt the quality would change if the BBC hired unknowns on 100k

Also the bloated BBC employing 1000 more staff with a lower amount of money in.

How do you know?

The days of forcing people to pay for the BBC belong in the last century

it has lost its way and should be put to task and fight for its own survival

Admit it you love knocking one out to Steph McGovern?

Frankly, the majority are overpaid talentless dross, totally out of touch with the man in the street. Time to do away with the licence fees and give choice back to the viewer / listener.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

But the documentaries he is the face of currently give the BBC a reason to exist. Once he's gone what will they have that's different from anything else?

Gary Lineker, Killing Eve, women everywhere, better weather maps

Frankly, the majority are overpaid talentless dross, totally out of touch with the man in the street. Time to do away with the licence fees and give choice back to the viewer / listener.

The man in the street being the angry saintsweb bloke that hates joys and dreams of yesteryear?

Be careful what you wish for. Pretty soon everything will be behind a paywall and you’ll need multiple subscriptions to watch anything. I’ve already got Sky, Netflix and a BBC licence fee.

The man in the street being the angry saintsweb bloke that hates joys and dreams of yesteryear?
No, being the Joe average for whom paying the bbc fee had become the norm, but who would really like, and deserves, more choice on whether he pays some, all or none. It was very easy for the bbc to just say, stuff it, we'll charge pensioners from here on, yet they are very coy about debating the licensing fee system.

Be careful what you wish for. Pretty soon everything will be behind a paywall and you’ll need multiple subscriptions to watch anything. I’ve already got Sky, Netflix and a BBC licence fee.
I have exactly the same Faz, but sky is scalable to what i watch. The bbc should be even more so scalable.

I should add that i can also phone up and negotiate my deal with sky. Have you ever tried to do that with the bbc?

Edited by Micky

Badly phrased maybe I should have said different and worth paying for.

Annoying in places but lot to be said for impartiality and news you can trust. Sky News isn’t too bad bu5 could easily go the way of Fox.

Or have likes of Piers Fcking Morgan dumbing down everything,

Annoying in places but lot to be said for impartiality and news you can trust. Sky News isn’t too bad bu5 could easily go the way of Fox.

Or have likes of Piers Fcking Morgan dumbing down everything,

Sky News isn’t bad but nothing comes close to BBC News in global coverage. The BBC has been responsible for some pretty good comedy too.

Sky News isn’t bad but nothing comes close to BBC News in global coverage. The BBC has been responsible for some pretty good comedy too.

And those questioning the BBC will no doubt trust that these cnts have no agenda whatsoever

b507d0e365bba82b9fcc6f39acbd6d77.jpg

And those questioning the BBC will no doubt trust that these cnts have no agenda whatsoever

b507d0e365bba82b9fcc6f39acbd6d77.jpg

The issue of free tv licenses for over 75s is a red herring. It is treated as some kind of inviolable birth right, even though it was only introduced by the last Labour government. Osborne then cynically shifted its funding to the BBC, so it didn’t have to take the flak for cutting it.

I have no idea how talentless dregs like Vanessa Feltz get paid what they do, though I know for a fact that other higher profile figures could be paid a lot more working for a competitor.

At any rate, salaries are and always will be a sideshow: the savings from hiring no stars at all (~£20m per annum) are a drip in the ocean compared to the cost of funding free TV licences for all over-75s (~£750m per annum) never mind that the poorest who receive Pension Credit will still get their TV license for free.

Still I guess it’s juicy red meat for the hard of thinking and easily outraged.

The issue of free tv licenses for over 75s is a red herring. It is treated as some kind of inviolable birth right, even though it was only introduced by the last Labour government. Osborne then cynically shifted its funding to the BBC, so it didn’t have to take the flak for cutting it.

I have no idea how talentless dregs like Vanessa Feltz get paid what they do, though I know for a fact that other higher profile figures could be paid a lot more working for a competitor.

At any rate, salaries are and always will be a sideshow: the savings from hiring no stars at all (~£20m per annum) are a drip in the ocean compared to the cost of funding free TV licences for all over-75s (~£750m per annum) never mind that the poorest who receive Pension Credit will still get their TV license for free.

Still I guess it’s juicy red meat for the hard of thinking and easily outraged.

See the OP.

It has been but I haven't seen much genuinely brilliant comedy since the office and partridge which was about 15 years ago. Now they are putting gender quotas on everything and the BBC being so careful not to offend I can't see that being replicated ever again.

Now they are putting gender quotas on everything .

Ain’t that the truth. Putting that dopey bird from antiques road show to present QT instead of Andrew Neil just about sums it up.

Garth Crooks, wonder what attracts the BBC to that talentless chump, same with Laura Kuenssberg and don’t get me started on that trout Jo Coburn. That leftie twt Linekar is lucky he started on TV when he did, cause as a white male, he’d no chance of presenting MOTD nowadays. When he retires he’ll be replaced by a disabled transgender Buddhist who identifies as a badger.

The state forcing you to pay a poll tax even if you don’t watch. is pretty awful. To threaten you with imprisonment if you don’t pay is outrageous. It’s a state sponsored protection racket that’s no place in the modern world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ain’t that the truth. Putting that dopey bird from antiques road show to present QT instead of Andrew Neil just about sums it up.

Garth Crooks, wonder what attracts the BBC to that talentless chump, same with Laura Kuenssberg and don’t get me started on that trout Jo Coburn. That leftie twt Linekar is lucky he started on TV when he did, cause as a white male, he’d no chance of presenting MOTD nowadays. When he retires he’ll be replaced by a disabled transgender Buddhist who identifies as a badger.

The state forcing you to pay a poll tax even if you don’t watch. is pretty awful. To threaten you with imprisonment if you don’t pay is outrageous. It’s a state sponsored protection racket that’s no place in the modern world.

Probably still be a damn sight more insightful than a cretin who thinks Jack Stephens is better than Harry Maguire :lol:

See the OP.
you may not worry about the excess of waste on the BBC ,you may not pay for a licence as you may be over 75 and so not concerned but I detest the excesses.

Why the fck do we need to have a helicopter landing on an oilrig platform in between programmes as a link, tht is just one example, hiring Kylie and the like advertising a programme . Imagine what those cost to produce. A few years ago they presented Top of the Pops from a European country that was staging the World Cup, I cant recall where it was now but again an absolute waste as you had the whole lot over there on a junket.

you may not worry about the excess of waste on the BBC ,you may not pay for a licence as you may be over 75 and so not concerned but I detest the excesses.

Why the fck do we need to have a helicopter landing on an oilrig platform in between programmes as a link, tht is just one example, hiring Kylie and the like advertising a programme . Imagine what those cost to produce. A few years ago they presented Top of the Pops from a European country that was staging the World Cup, I cant recall where it was now but again an absolute waste as you had the whole lot over there on a junket.

I wonder what fun and games Graham Norton gets up to at your license fee payer's expense :lol:

Only saintweb where everyone has a hard on for Andrew Neill.

The dopey Oxford educated bird.

Naga Munchetty’s success must really be hard for you too? Black, female, more successful than you. If only you chose not to work in a shop it could’ve been you.

Take comfort there’s always Nigel’s rise to help you stop hating everything you can’t understand.

Although worth noting women don’t scare everyone as much as they do you, and they are even on ITV and Sky so I’ve heard.

Amount spent by the BBC of salaries over £150000 in 2018 = £21m

Cost of free licenses for over-75's = £745m

So they could sack the lot and it wouldn't make much difference.

they could transform themselves.

or preferably, we could not have a TV tax at all.

I dunno about the rights and wrongs of the licences fee, but any changes must be made with the utmost care.

The BBC is a massive asset to the country. Britain's influence, image and respect in the world has been declining for decades. The BBC has been helping slow that decline. So many people in the world use theBBC to get a better, less biased take on their own news.

Change it if need be, but never undermine it's ability to survive. It's just too valuable

Edited by Ohio Saint

I dunno about the rights and wrongs of the licences fee, but any changes must be made with the utmost care.

The BBC is a massive asset to the country. Britain's influence, image and respect in the world has been declining for decades. The BBC has been helping slow that decline. So many people in the world use theBBC to get a better, less biased take on their own news.

Change it if need be, but never undermine it's ability to survive. It's just too valuable

Well said.

I spent a few days stuck in a fairly soulless airport hotel a few years ago and my only entertainment was the usual, limited selection of foreign channels. I watched a couple of episodes of Little Britain dubbed in German, the surreal silliness of which had me almost in tears.

It was only after half an hour of Russia Today I realised just how luck we are with BBC news. If you think ours is biased, you should give RT a go, their coverage of MH17 was a particular highlight.

The bleakest part of the whole trip was spending the first afternoon watching BBC World Service and half listening to an British-African guy discussing African economics (I was that bored). I tuned in to the shame show, the following day, only to see a different presenter, who proceeded to inform the viewers that the other bloke as dead. :|

Personally I think having a news service beyond the clutches of the Murdock empire is well worth the license fee.

I spent a few days stuck in a fairly soulless airport hotel a few years ago and my only entertainment was the usual, limited selection of foreign channels. I watched a couple of episodes of Little Britain dubbed in German, the surreal silliness of which had me almost in tears.

It was only after half an hour of Russia Today I realised just how luck we are with BBC news. If you think ours is biased, you should give RT a go, their coverage of MH17 was a particular highlight.

The bleakest part of the whole trip was spending the first afternoon watching BBC World Service and half listening to an British-African guy discussing African economics (I was that bored). I tuned in to the shame show, the following day, only to see a different presenter, who proceeded to inform the viewers that the other bloke as dead. :|

Personally I think having a news service beyond the clutches of the Murdock empire is well worth the license fee.

All valid points. I believe SKY atlantic to have some very good content, why doesn't the nation pay for (or face the threat of going to jail)?

I believe the BBC has lost its way big time. Waaaaay too much content, too many channels etc and by some way, too much waste.

unless that changes, (absolutely nothing is suggesting it will), then more people will turn against it.

Fine, if you want to watch it, then pay for it. If you don’t, why should you have to.

I can go to prison for owning a TV and not paying to watch the BBC, even if I don’t watch it or listen to it. In 2019? Really?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All valid points. I believe SKY atlantic to have some very good content, why doesn't the nation pay for (or face the threat of going to jail)?

I believe the BBC has lost its way big time. Waaaaay too much content, too many channels etc and by some way, too much waste.

unless that changes, (absolutely nothing is suggesting it will), then more people will turn against it.

What makes you happy? Seriously.

Fine, if you want to watch it, then pay for it. If you don’t, why should you have to.

I can go to prison for owning a TV and not paying to watch the BBC, even if I don’t watch it or listen to it. In 2019? Really?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There’s lots of big butch men in prison