Expected downtime tomorrow (Wednesday 3rd July)

stevegrant

Will the update delete Glasgow?

Which one

All of them.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

And even if they aren't all Glasgow delete them on suspicion anyway!

How many people is he again, I’ve lost track?

Is he ITK Cabbage_Face as well?

:lol:

It’s sad you think I’m Glasgow......

Really is.

Anyway, looking forward to the new and improved TSF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you believe that when SaintsForever closed I bought the domain saintsforum. So I credit myself for them calling it 'The Saints Forum.' That's right. I'm responsible for 'The.' My greatest achievement in life.

Then the bastads renamed it saintsweb.

Would you believe that when SaintsForever closed I bought the domain saintsforum. So I credit myself for them calling it 'The Saints Forum.' That's right. I'm responsible for 'The.' My greatest achievement in life.

Then the bastads renamed it saintsweb.

Sad day when it closed, does Keith still post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I refresh it doesn’t recognise that I have read a thread

I’m using Tapatalk

You may need to log out and log back in again. The update we've applied is quite a few versions up from the one that was running previously, so there's been a fair few changes which may have affected session cookies and that sort of thing.

I have the same Tapatalk issue as Toadhall Steve - have logged out and back in but still shows the same threads as unread.

Edit: Scratch that it appears to be ok now. I was also logged in on my main PC when I first tried it, but having logged out on both and rebooted Tapatalk it appears to have rectified the problem.

Thanks.

Edit 2: Actually - it appears not to be fixed now, PC browser is ok but Tapatalk not keeping up with threads that have been read - got some gremlins somewhere.

Edit 3: Definitely an issue with Tapatalk - have deleted the cache, no change. Deleted the data, no change. Uninstalled and reinstalled - no change. I have Tapatalk running on two separate devices (both android) and the same problem is evident.

But for now - I'm off to bed...!

Edited by Micky

You may need to log out and log back in again. The update we've applied is quite a few versions up from the one that was running previously, so there's been a fair few changes which may have affected session cookies and that sort of thing.

Still no different Steve

Yes I had to change it so it goes to latest post rather than last unread.
Thanks for that workaround. Still not ideal but better than it was after the "up"grade.

Clear your cache and your cookies. Just logging out and in won't change a thing.

On another note, Steve, if there's ever another upgrade then can I suggest you look into the software that footballforums.net uses? The like a post function on there is very good and has gone down swimmingly well with the users on there and it cuts down on the posts saying 'agreed' and 'like'.

I know it's been mentioned before, but worth remembering that if you're not happy with Tapatalk (I got rid very quickly), you can go to this page in the browser on your mobile and change the style to "Default Mobile Style" in the drop-down box at the very bottom left of the page. Then save it as a shortcut on your home page for quick access. At least on Android. No idea about Apple I'm afraid, but Mr Cook may have deemed you worthy of such a thing I suppose.

Clear your cache and your cookies. Just logging out and in won't change a thing.

On another note, Steve, if there's ever another upgrade then can I suggest you look into the software that footballforums.net uses? The like a post function on there is very good and has gone down swimmingly well with the users on there and it cuts down on the posts saying 'agreed' and 'like'.

agreed.

(although, I have to say, not many posts saying "like" or "agreed" on this forum...)

And now there's two of us that want this :)

The tapatalk experience is bloody awful now. Any experts out there?

I use a Samsung S8 and I was having some problems. When going to ‘unread threads’ Tapatalk was repeatedly taking me back to a previous point. Following an earlier suggestion I cleared the cache for the Tapatalk app and now it seems to be working properly.

Go to settings and the app manager and find the Tapatalk app. Press on ‘storage’ and choose the option to delete the cache.

The tapatalk experience is bloody awful now. Any experts out there?

Only the admins of this forum will know for certain, however maybe there's an underling issue with the Tapatalk plug-in being used...

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/tapatalk-for-vbulletin-plugin-release-announcement-t4104.html

... but I've not got the time, or will, to read the whole change log.

I use a Samsung S8 and I was having some problems. When going to ‘unread threads’ Tapatalk was repeatedly taking me back to a previous point. Following an earlier suggestion I cleared the cache for the Tapatalk app and now it seems to be working properly.

Go to settings and the app manager and find the Tapatalk app. Press on ‘storage’ and choose the option to delete the cache.

Cheers Whitey - I did that a couple of days ago though (post #25), cleared the cache, deleted the data, deleted the app in the end and reinstalled - but non of that worked.

Only the admins of this forum will know for certain, however maybe there's an underling issue with the Tapatalk plug-in being used...

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/tapatalk-for-vbulletin-plugin-release-announcement-t4104.html

... but I've not got the time, or will, to read the whole change log.

Thanks Fatboy, I'll have a wade through when I get time.

I know there are other options for viewing this, but I want to try to stay with Tapatalk if possible because it's much easier to view this on a tablet, and I use Tapatalk for the other forums that I frequent as well.