Bookies closing

whelk

Are we meant to care that WIlliam Hill are closing 700 stores?

Presented on news I heard as if like Woolies going. Bastards only stayed profitable because of Fixed Odds machines addicting people and bless them they aren’t allowed to do that any more.

I feel sorry for the drug dealers when the old bill clean up an estate.

Are we meant to care that WIlliam Hill are closing 700 stores?

Presented on news I heard as if like Woolies going. Bastards only stayed profitable because of Fixed Odds machines addicting people and bless them they aren’t allowed to do that any more.

I feel sorry for the drug dealers when the old bill clean up an estate.

Bit off topic but when I moved into the village where I live 10 years ago the main street had a bookies, four banks, one deli, a Majestic wine shop, three newsagents, one supermarket, a couple of estate agents, two clothes shops four restaurants and one coffee shop.

Now all the banks, clothes shops, Majestic, bookies, two out of three newsagents and two out of four restaurants are gone - replaced by three daytime only coffee shops, three lawyers, four hairdressers / barbers, two bathroom / kitchen shops a florist and a wedding dress shop.

Shopping and living habits have changed so much even in one decade.

People who are addicted will just bet online, in unlimited amounts.

In principle, it’s easier to identify problem gambling online with all the user data that is created and collected. Also not sure whether there are (currently) online games that are as addictive as FOBTs.

In principle, it’s easier to identify problem gambling online with all the user data that is created and collected. Also not sure whether there are (currently) online games that are as addictive as FOBTs.

they will be soon enough

Yeah they are all out there online with no limitations

Bit off topic but when I moved into the village where I live 10 years ago the main street had a bookies, four banks, one deli, a Majestic wine shop, three newsagents, one supermarket, a couple of estate agents, two clothes shops four restaurants and one coffee shop.

Now all the banks, clothes shops, Majestic, bookies, two out of three newsagents and two out of four restaurants are gone - replaced by three daytime only coffee shops, three lawyers, four hairdressers / barbers, two bathroom / kitchen shops a florist and a wedding dress shop.

Shopping and living habits have changed so much even in one decade.

Turkish barbers are taking over

Automation... we're all doomed.

I noticed at Goodwood this year, more people than ever were sat placing bets on their mobile apps, rather than using the course bookies. Why leave your seat at the bar to fight your way through the crowds to bet....

... although it is more satisfying collecting your cash from the bookie whilst looking them straight in the eye. Just watching your balance go up or down on your phone, just isn't the same