Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Bookies closing

  1. #1

    Default Bookies closing

    Are we meant to care that WIlliam Hill are closing 700 stores?

    Presented on news I heard as if like Woolies going. Bastards only stayed profitable because of Fixed Odds machines addicting people and bless them they arenít allowed to do that any more.

    I feel sorry for the drug dealers when the old bill clean up an estate.

  2. Default

    You care enough to start a thread about it.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,332

    Default

    People who are addicted will just bet online, in unlimited amounts.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    18,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Are we meant to care that WIlliam Hill are closing 700 stores?

    Presented on news I heard as if like Woolies going. Bastards only stayed profitable because of Fixed Odds machines addicting people and bless them they arenít allowed to do that any more.

    I feel sorry for the drug dealers when the old bill clean up an estate.


    Bit off topic but when I moved into the village where I live 10 years ago the main street had a bookies, four banks, one deli, a Majestic wine shop, three newsagents, one supermarket, a couple of estate agents, two clothes shops four restaurants and one coffee shop.

    Now all the banks, clothes shops, Majestic, bookies, two out of three newsagents and two out of four restaurants are gone - replaced by three daytime only coffee shops, three lawyers, four hairdressers / barbers, two bathroom / kitchen shops a florist and a wedding dress shop.

    Shopping and living habits have changed so much even in one decade.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,122
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    People who are addicted will just bet online, in unlimited amounts.
    In principle, it’s easier to identify problem gambling online with all the user data that is created and collected. Also not sure whether there are (currently) online games that are as addictive as FOBTs.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    In principle, it’s easier to identify problem gambling online with all the user data that is created and collected. Also not sure whether there are (currently) online games that are as addictive as FOBTs.
    they will be soon enough

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You care enough to start a thread about it.
    Doesnít affect you and your fantasy bookie that pays on your imaginary bets.

    Thick fcker

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    In principle, itís easier to identify problem gambling online with all the user data that is created and collected. Also not sure whether there are (currently) online games that are as addictive as FOBTs.
    Yeah they are all out there online with no limitations

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    Bit off topic but when I moved into the village where I live 10 years ago the main street had a bookies, four banks, one deli, a Majestic wine shop, three newsagents, one supermarket, a couple of estate agents, two clothes shops four restaurants and one coffee shop.

    Now all the banks, clothes shops, Majestic, bookies, two out of three newsagents and two out of four restaurants are gone - replaced by three daytime only coffee shops, three lawyers, four hairdressers / barbers, two bathroom / kitchen shops a florist and a wedding dress shop.

    Shopping and living habits have changed so much even in one decade.
    Turkish barbers are taking over

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    A little island of red&white admidst a sea of blue
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Automation... we're all doomed.

    I noticed at Goodwood this year, more people than ever were sat placing bets on their mobile apps, rather than using the course bookies. Why leave your seat at the bar to fight your way through the crowds to bet....

    ... although it is more satisfying collecting your cash from the bookie whilst looking them straight in the eye. Just watching your balance go up or down on your phone, just isn't the same

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Yes I am sure that they are using the collection of data on potential problem gamblers for good.....

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    In principle, it’s easier to identify problem gambling online with all the user data that is created and collected. Also not sure whether there are (currently) online games that are as addictive as FOBTs.
    Go to the William Hill site!

  13. #13

    Default

    The betting industry will be keen to gather data on problem gamblers - so they can continue to milk them.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Searching for the voice of reason
    Posts
    3,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    The betting industry will be keen to gather data on problem gamblers - so they can continue to milk them.
    When the fun stops... itís too fŁcking late!

  15. #15

    Default

    I care as I'm a shareholder

  16. #16

    Default

    The two halves of that sentence are jostling for supremacy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •