Thread: Bookies closing

Default Bookies closing

Are we meant to care that WIlliam Hill are closing 700 stores?

Presented on news I heard as if like Woolies going. Bastards only stayed profitable because of Fixed Odds machines addicting people and bless them they arenít allowed to do that any more.

I feel sorry for the drug dealers when the old bill clean up an estate.

2. Default

You care enough to start a thread about it.

People who are addicted will just bet online, in unlimited amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Are we meant to care that WIlliam Hill are closing 700 stores?

Presented on news I heard as if like Woolies going. Bastards only stayed profitable because of Fixed Odds machines addicting people and bless them they arenít allowed to do that any more.

I feel sorry for the drug dealers when the old bill clean up an estate.

Bit off topic but when I moved into the village where I live 10 years ago the main street had a bookies, four banks, one deli, a Majestic wine shop, three newsagents, one supermarket, a couple of estate agents, two clothes shops four restaurants and one coffee shop.

Now all the banks, clothes shops, Majestic, bookies, two out of three newsagents and two out of four restaurants are gone - replaced by three daytime only coffee shops, three lawyers, four hairdressers / barbers, two bathroom / kitchen shops a florist and a wedding dress shop.

Shopping and living habits have changed so much even in one decade.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    People who are addicted will just bet online, in unlimited amounts.
    In principle, it’s easier to identify problem gambling online with all the user data that is created and collected. Also not sure whether there are (currently) online games that are as addictive as FOBTs.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    In principle, it’s easier to identify problem gambling online with all the user data that is created and collected. Also not sure whether there are (currently) online games that are as addictive as FOBTs.
    they will be soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You care enough to start a thread about it.
    Doesnít affect you and your fantasy bookie that pays on your imaginary bets.

Thick fcker

In principle, itís easier to identify problem gambling online with all the user data that is created and collected. Also not sure whether there are (currently) online games that are as addictive as FOBTs.
    Yeah they are all out there online with no limitations

Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    Bit off topic but when I moved into the village where I live 10 years ago the main street had a bookies, four banks, one deli, a Majestic wine shop, three newsagents, one supermarket, a couple of estate agents, two clothes shops four restaurants and one coffee shop.

Now all the banks, clothes shops, Majestic, bookies, two out of three newsagents and two out of four restaurants are gone - replaced by three daytime only coffee shops, three lawyers, four hairdressers / barbers, two bathroom / kitchen shops a florist and a wedding dress shop.

Shopping and living habits have changed so much even in one decade.
    Turkish barbers are taking over

A little island of red&white admidst a sea of blue

Automation... we're all doomed.

I noticed at Goodwood this year, more people than ever were sat placing bets on their mobile apps, rather than using the course bookies. Why leave your seat at the bar to fight your way through the crowds to bet....

... although it is more satisfying collecting your cash from the bookie whilst looking them straight in the eye. Just watching your balance go up or down on your phone, just isn't the same

Yes I am sure that they are using the collection of data on potential problem gamblers for good.....

Go to the William Hill site!

The betting industry will be keen to gather data on problem gamblers - so they can continue to milk them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    The betting industry will be keen to gather data on problem gamblers - so they can continue to milk them.
    When the fun stops... itís too fŁcking late!

I care as I'm a shareholder

The two halves of that sentence are jostling for supremacy.