Saints Pre-Season in Ireland

Hoping they arrange a game against a local side. Bit odd to come for a weeks training and not play anybody (hardly a glamorous warm weather camp either). Perhaps because the LOI season is ongoing theyre establishing who is best placed to play them with only a few days rest

• 3 weeks later...

Irish Saints fan here, as some of you may know.

I don't care where they're staying. I don't want to turn up to Carton House like a drooling fanboy. If there's a local game happening though, I do want to go. Anyone have any idea if it's happening?

I don't care where they're staying. I don't want to turn up to Carton House like a drooling fanboy. If there's a local game happening though, I do want to go. Anyone have any idea if it's happening?

Don't think there's a game planned. I'm sure it would have been announced if it was happening. Carton House is in Kildare, about 30 mins drive from Dublin. The place is fenced off for training sessions so the chances of seeing anything are slim.

Doubt it, been there a few days and no mention of a game. If anything there may be one behind closed doors

Doubt it, been there a few days and no mention of a game. If anything there may be one behind closed doors

So best have a drive about and look out for the blokes with scouse and Lancashire accents in camouflage armed with binoculars and video cameras (a la Leeds) as they will have found a good spot up a tree! :p

The video and photographs on the OS show them working hard but having a bit of fun too. Lots of sprinting and finishing practice. Boufal and Reed both in evidence. Not sure any conclusions can be drawn except H is very hands on.

No sign of Ward-Prowse in Dublin, or Stephens for that matter. Danny Rohl remains conspicuous by his absence.

I note that some of last season's loanees now appear on the OS, Cedric, Hoedt, Boufal and Reed specifically. Hoedt even shown in a 2019/20 shirt. No sign of Carrillo, Chas and Mario both still there.

At least Romeu has turned up in today's pics: perhaps he's been injured as he appears to be training alone. Perhaps he had too good a holiday in San Sebastian hitting the pintxos or more likely some banal injury. I prefer the first idea though.