Darren Powell or Neal Trotman?

Dusic

Scenario: Its the 92nd minute at a sparsely populated St Marys and we are 2-1 up against Forest Green Rovers in the FA Cup (third round).

Forest Green (playing in their vegan kit made from bamboo) pump a long ball forward in search of an equaliser. Ex Spenymoor Town striker Junior Mondal is the likely target

Who would you rather was challenging for the ball in a Saints shirt (Under Armour with LD Sports logo peeling off), Darren Powell or Neal Trotman?

Personally, I would go for Powelly all day long but I know Trotman has support on here.b2ade659f8334d43077e9d9be15570f0.jpgf2fe19f934ec576d7996efe7a141218d.jpg

Both were good players for us at the time so not sure why we're poking fun at them (if that's what this is), but taking it seriously Powell all day long, played at a far higher level than Trotman, was taller and better in the air so much more likely to clear the ball away.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

This one isn’t up to your high standards Charlie - surely it’s got to be a Darren Powell vs peak Wayne Thomas comp?
Funnily enough I considered that but Thommo is under 6' which is obviously short for a centre half so didn't feel he could really compete against Powell on that basis who is 6'3.

I've got a draft of a Valery vs Thomas speculative long range screamer scenario thread, but will let it mature for a couple of years.

Funnily enough I considered that but Thommo is under 6' which is obviously short for a centre half so didn't feel he could really compete against Powell on that basis who is 6'3.

I've got a draft of a Valery vs Thomas speculative long range screamer scenario thread, but will let it mature for a couple of years.

:thumbup:

You’re like a professional obituary writer. That comp should age very nicely.